PDA

View Full Version : Best trail pipe for Arctic Cat 90 Y-12 or DS90 2-strokes?

mbarryracing
08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have any experience with pipes for a 2002 2-stroke Arctic Cat 90 Y-12 or Bombardier DS90?

We have both of these machines and have aready added the extended a-arms and swing arms, Works Shocks, clutching, gearing, 52mm cylinders w/ porting and head chamber reshape, etc and now are looking at upgrading the pipes. The factory pipes on these Herr Chee machines have somewhat of a chamber on them and do run up to 9000 rpm and over rev to 10K but have alot of trouble with keeping the silencers from rattling the bolts off at the pipe flange, cracking from vibration, etc. Plus they are heavy and there now is something that loosened up inside of them and is rattling pretty good, too.

Anyhow, wondering what pipes work best for trail riding. Was looking at the inexpensive version of the Koso pipe that WC Quads offers on Ebay, but now considering the DRR 90 stock pipe after emailing with Marc from Hot Quads.
I had a Technigas pipe but sold it to a guy for TT because it probably would be too high of an RPM range for trail, not sure about a WRH or Hetrick...

We ride at a riding park in PA that has a lot of steep hills and pretty good speed. Also, is it possible to keep the stock 16mm carbs so we can retain the air boxes because of the mud / water / and dust we encounter there. How much power loss is to be expected? Can I get a larger type OEM carb like a 17 or 18mm, from a scooter, that will fit in the stock airbox boot?

Thanks, GREAT SITE!!!!

mbarryracing

08-28-2008, 02:59 PM
hello. i got a brand new pipe that came off a 2008 drr i paid 100.00 for it i will l sell it to you for that if you wish to purchase it. i have not had it on anything and its suppoed to be pretty descent pipe. just le me know. Coleton Cheeseman Racing#550 i can take a pic and send it to you if you wish.

mbarryracing
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
tgcheeseman,
sent u a PM.

mbarryracing
08-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Does anyone recommend a specific belt length for these bikes? I see alot of posts regarding belts, thinking maybe I should also be looking at that since we are only running the factory length Bando's still.