PDA

View Full Version : All Hope is Gone

Scro
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Anybody pick up the new Slipknot CD? The whole CD is great, but psychosocial is amazing:macho

Pappy
08-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Geez...I thought we were going to see another destroyed atv:devil:

smr
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I saw he was from bama and I figure he was talking about them russains crossing the border.....scared the he!! out of me.....:D

j/k scro

ah665
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
amazing cd. ive always been a huge fan of Slipknot. they are def one of (if not my) fav band(s). the new cd is perfect, still pretty heavy, but still has alot of levels to it..very musical. Joey somehow sounds cooler than the last album and shows that hes one of the best drummers ever. and Corey's voice is so badass, as always.

i saw them at the Rockstar Mayhem festival a few weeks ago too, it was sweet.

Scro
08-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Nope, but I'm due anytime now:p (knock on wood)

The first Slipknot CD I bought was Vol. 3. I thought it was great, so I bought Iowa and Slipknot, and have been hooked ever since.

I'm still looking for an original copy of MFKR.:ermm:

pro-rider46
08-28-2008, 02:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Awpz6piy2ho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Awpz6piy2ho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thats a crazy drummer

ah665
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Scro

I'm still looking for an original copy of MFKR.:ermm:

ya, thats a crazy album. cool to have tho.

08-28-2008, 03:58 PM
i love tht solo
it sik how they tilt him up

gcart2
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Geez...I thought we were going to see another destroyed atv:devil:

x2

TilltheEnd
08-28-2008, 05:06 PM
psychosocial is awesome :macho

bean2080
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
i love the new cd, its amazing. i saw them durring mayhem fest too, the drummer did a 360 upside down. :eek2:

XtremeSkier
08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
i love the new CD, didnt think it was gonna be as good as it was...i'm prolly gonna use psychosocial for a riding movie....

buy the cd if you havent, it's the $h!t

jb500ex
08-29-2008, 04:16 PM
i like slipknot but joey's not even close to guys like pert and lombardo of slayer

ah665
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i like slipknot but joey's not even close to guys like pert and lombardo of slayer
debatable.

i put him in that league with those guys, Dany Carey etc also tho. but its all opinion. Pert is ridiculous but i think Joey doesnt get enough credit. hes def my fav drummer. dunno if hes best ever but i rank him up in that league, is all im saying.

FreekShow
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
yeah...too bad slipknot had to rip off mushroomhead to get their careers started.

The late 1990s held controversial myths and legends for Mushroomhead. Record labels began to take notice of Mushroomhead and expressed interest in the Ohio outfit, most notably Roadrunner Records. In 1998, the band came close to signing with Roadrunner Records, however, due to the two parties’ inability to reach a mutual agreement, pen never touched paper. One year later, a nine-piece metal band from Des Moines, Iowa – Slipknot – debuted on Roadrunner Records with its 1999 album “Slipknot”.

After Roadrunner's acquisition, controversial similarities could be seen. Mushroomhead and its fans believed that Slipknot had stolen their image due to similarities such as a large line-up, Mushroomhead’s eight men and Slipknot’s nine, all band members of both bands wearing masks, several identical masks (Skinny’s gas mask v. Sid Wilson’s gas mask, Pig Benis’ pig mask v. Paul Gray’s pig mask) and uniform costumes (Mushroomhead’s camouflage coveralls v. Slipknot’s barcode coveralls).[citation needed] Each member of Slipknot adopted a number in place of their birth name. This caused rivalries between Slipknot and Mushroomhead that continued even after the turn of the millennium.

The 1999 signing of Slipknot to Roadrunner Records led to changes within Mushroomhead. The band felt their image had been stolen for financial gain, Mushroomhead “killed” their individual characters. Their once colorful costumes, camouflage and rubber masks, were replaced by a black uniform. Later, cartoon style X marks over each eye were added to further illustrate the death of the group’s image. This X mask design later lead to the “X Face” logo which today is recognised as the band’s iconic symbol. These changes were also reflected on the band’s 1999 release “M3”.

An incident between Mushroomhead fans and Slipknot themselves occurred when Slipknot trekked to Cleveland as part of their tour in support of their debut album, Mushroomhead fans flocked to the concert and peppered Slipknot with batteries forcing them off-stage.[citation needed] In a press conference, lead singer Corey Taylor stated that members of Mushroomhead had encouraged fans to do these acts. Mushroomhead has publicly stated that the band in no way encourages this sort of behavior. In a May 2007 interview it Imhotep.com, singer Jeffrey Nothing stated that the day after the Cleveland incident, his then girlfriend went down to the venue and the members of Slipknot and some of their crew harassed her saying: "You're wearing a Mushroomhead shirt, what do you know?" Nothing went on to say, "The bottom line is: here is our city, our fans support us completely! They felt just as ****ed over by these pony "Clowns" as us and they aren't afraid to show it. Welcome to Cleveland *****es.” [1]

ah665
08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
at the end of the day
Slipknot > Mushroomhead tho, so it is what it is.

plus, Slipknot sounded completely different on MFKR than they did when they actually got signed to roadrunner anyways. Corey doesnt sound like anyone else out there, so regardless of similarities Slipknot is still better sounding, in my eyes.

just like when ppl said Earshot was a ripoff of Tool. you dont hear Tool complaining and making a big deal over it, why? because even tho the Earshot guy sounds very similar to MJK, Took is still better and they continue to put out great music that ppl love and are better than Earshot, in my eyes. its not like they stole all of Tools fans and got bigger than Tool by sounding similar, like you claim Slipknot did with mushroomhead. Slipknot got to where they are because they are a badass band. end of story.

08-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
yeah...too bad slipknot had to rip off mushroomhead to get their careers started.

The late 1990s held controversial myths and legends for Mushroomhead. Record labels began to take notice of Mushroomhead and expressed interest in the Ohio outfit, most notably Roadrunner Records. In 1998, the band came close to signing with Roadrunner Records, however, due to the two parties’ inability to reach a mutual agreement, pen never touched paper. One year later, a nine-piece metal band from Des Moines, Iowa – Slipknot – debuted on Roadrunner Records with its 1999 album “Slipknot”.

After Roadrunner's acquisition, controversial similarities could be seen. Mushroomhead and its fans believed that Slipknot had stolen their image due to similarities such as a large line-up, Mushroomhead’s eight men and Slipknot’s nine, all band members of both bands wearing masks, several identical masks (Skinny’s gas mask v. Sid Wilson’s gas mask, Pig Benis’ pig mask v. Paul Gray’s pig mask) and uniform costumes (Mushroomhead’s camouflage coveralls v. Slipknot’s barcode coveralls).[citation needed] Each member of Slipknot adopted a number in place of their birth name. This caused rivalries between Slipknot and Mushroomhead that continued even after the turn of the millennium.

The 1999 signing of Slipknot to Roadrunner Records led to changes within Mushroomhead. The band felt their image had been stolen for financial gain, Mushroomhead “killed” their individual characters. Their once colorful costumes, camouflage and rubber masks, were replaced by a black uniform. Later, cartoon style X marks over each eye were added to further illustrate the death of the group’s image. This X mask design later lead to the “X Face” logo which today is recognised as the band’s iconic symbol. These changes were also reflected on the band’s 1999 release “M3”.

An incident between Mushroomhead fans and Slipknot themselves occurred when Slipknot trekked to Cleveland as part of their tour in support of their debut album, Mushroomhead fans flocked to the concert and peppered Slipknot with batteries forcing them off-stage.[citation needed] In a press conference, lead singer Corey Taylor stated that members of Mushroomhead had encouraged fans to do these acts. Mushroomhead has publicly stated that the band in no way encourages this sort of behavior. In a May 2007 interview it Imhotep.com, singer Jeffrey Nothing stated that the day after the Cleveland incident, his then girlfriend went down to the venue and the members of Slipknot and some of their crew harassed her saying: "You're wearing a Mushroomhead shirt, what do you know?" Nothing went on to say, "The bottom line is: here is our city, our fans support us completely! They felt just as ****ed over by these pony "Clowns" as us and they aren't afraid to show it. Welcome to Cleveland *****es.” [1]

Wow, they should of done diss songs, like rap. I'm not even kidding, it would be awesome. I used to listen to slipknot and just got bored with it.

FreekShow
08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ah665
at the end of the day
Slipknot > Mushroomhead tho, so it is what it is.

plus, Slipknot sounded completely different on MFKR than they did when they actually got signed to roadrunner anyways. Corey doesnt sound like anyone else out there, so regardless of similarities Slipknot is still better sounding, in my eyes.

just like when ppl said Earshot was a ripoff of Tool. you dont hear Tool complaining and making a big deal over it, why? because even tho the Earshot guy sounds very similar to MJK, Took is still better and they continue to put out great music that ppl love and are better than Earshot, in my eyes. its not like they stole all of Tools fans and got bigger than Tool by sounding similar, like you claim Slipknot did with mushroomhead. Slipknot got to where they are because they are a badass band. end of story.

i never said they stole their fans. mushroomhead fans are loyal and hate slipknot because of what they did. slipknot would be a completely different band or may not even exist if they didnt take mushroomheads ideas. the only reason slipknot has more fans is because they are a commercial band and easy listening for more people compared to mushroomhead.