PDA

View Full Version : YFZ leaking antifreeze HELP!!

bayouman010
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
my 06 YFZ is leaking antifreeze out of the black tube under the engine. it pretty much drained all the antifreeze out of the tube. it drips before i even start it up when i put coolant in it. and gets worse when its running. wat could the problem be?

Ride1Rob
08-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Black tube under the engine? I'm lost on that one...

ohsobad_chevy
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Are you talking about the weep hole under the water pump that has a hose coming out and hangs down under the quad?

bayouman010
08-28-2008, 08:28 PM
yes thats what im talking about? could it be the o-ring seal is bad?

ohsobad_chevy
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah, that is a known issue with these quads......good news is, its a fairly easy fix.
You will just have to replace the water pump seal.

Dr89
08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
^^^ that'll do it!

jshtex
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
You might have already done the repair but when I do it I replace the impeller shaft, the shaft bearing, and both seals. If you put a new outer seal on a worn shaft you will be doing it again very soon. You can buy all of it for less than $50, or at least you could the last time I bought the stuff. I carry all of it with me now just in case.

ohsobad_chevy
09-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by jshtex
You might have already done the repair but when I do it I replace the impeller shaft, the shaft bearing, and both seals. If you put a new outer seal on a worn shaft you will be doing it again very soon. You can buy all of it for less than $50, or at least you could the last time I bought the stuff. I carry all of it with me now just in case.

Very good point. Unless money is pretty tight, go ahead and change all of the above, it will save you some trouble down the road. ;)

let us ride
01-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jshtex

i bought the parts, and took apart my water pump but i cant get the bearing out. any pointers

ohsobad_chevy
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Kinda hard to describe.....check your pm's. ;)