PDA

View Full Version : 38mm A/s on stock motor

2muchquad
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Anybody running the air stryker on a relatively stock motor?I have one im thinking about trying but i dont know if it would be too much carb for a stock cylinder.I have a 38mm pj on it now with a cr250 reed cage,lrd pipe and a cr flywheel and ignition setup,otherwise its stock.I nhear those a/s carbs rip on the top end,i just dont want to lose what little bottom i have now,its already a handful when it comes on the pipe at times:confused: Just wondering if i should have made the change a while ago.

wilkin250r
08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
There are several aspects that can make one carb "better" than another, and they often affect different areas.

For starters, your size (38mm) generally affects your top-end, your WOT throttle performance. This is often the most important aspect for most people, because it affects your peak HP.

The PWK is a flat-slide design. I won't go into all the details of air turbulence, ect ect, but the flat-slide will give you better throttle response than the PJ design. It affects the peak a little, too, but the main advantage isn't at one throttle spot, but rather that transition from 1/4 to full throttle.

The Air Stryker series add a few fins to the standard PWK carb, and those fins channel air for better low-end response and performance. Yet another boost in low end and throttle response.

So basically, your top end may get a slight boost, but for the most part, it will still be largely the same, because it's still the same 38mm size. Your concerns are just dont want to lose what little bottom i have now. If anything, the Air Stryker will IMPROVE that low end, because that's the whole advantage of the PWK and Air Stryker design.

adam833
08-28-2008, 07:24 PM
im running a 38mm a/s on a fresh stock rebuild...its much better than the stock carb, more pickup and feels faster