PDA

View Full Version : got bored...wishing i had a diesel haha

rollie
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
me and my buddy got bored at the shop, had some 4in PVC laying around and spray paint so i broke out the sawzall and bam, stacks!, hahahaha there comming off first thing tommorow morning i just thought some people would get a kick out of it!

rollie
08-27-2008, 08:55 PM
lol

rollie
08-27-2008, 08:55 PM
:D

Crazy lil punk
08-27-2008, 09:06 PM
haha, thats great. If they were chrome most people wouldn't even notice your truck was gas.

bluebaron
08-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Stacks make trucks look like poop....

extremeblastr
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
i'm thinkin they look damn good on rollies truck

Robin Hood
08-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Aw... now I wish I had a diesel too. :(

bean2080
08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
stacks are common on gas truck around here too, alot of the bigger mud trucks run them. them do look real though :p

Kickstarts-suck
08-28-2008, 08:52 AM
I always wondered what people do when it rains having stacks like that :confused:

Honda#4
08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
I always wondered what people do when it rains having stacks like that

Theres probably a small hole on the bottom of the exhaust where it starts to bend going to the motor.

killed300ex
08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
some people run small holes in the bottom of their Y pip in the bed. However im with the crowd that thinks if you get enough rain to worry about the water in your exhaust then you probably have bigger problems ;)

Here is a picture of my dodge and stacks
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/signal73/dezdyno005.jpg

stoopidbot
08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't know why people do that. I think it looks stupid. If you want stacks buy a big rig.

Pipeless416
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
I don't know why people do that. I think it looks stupid. If you want stacks buy a big rig.

doesn't it help with EGTs?

killed300ex
08-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes it does help with egts but not much more than a good turbo back exhaust. Personally I like the looks of it, and it sounds alot better than any other exhausts

stoopidbot
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
doesn't it help with EGTs?
I personally don't care what it helps with, just looks really dumb. That's just my opinion of course. Here in Denver the only guys you see with trucks like that are the red neck hicks that think their truck is the greatest thing since chew. They have to try to race everyone, pathetic if you ask me.

justin1022
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
i thnk it looks sweet what are those? it would be awsoem if you coudl get 10 inch streights. or even 10 inch hockey sticks ha.

exrider49
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
stacks are the sh**, why does he need a big rig to run stacks? not all big rigs have stacks ya know and what the big deal about it anyways not just only big rigs can have stacks, around here you either got stacks or strait pipes through your hood on your mudders, but they do look good on your chevy and to soldve the rain problem put some flappers on them, i personally like bull haulers the best( aka hockey sticks)

rollie
08-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by exrider49
stacks are the sh**, why does he need a big rig to run stacks? not all big rigs have stacks ya know and what the big deal about it anyways not just only big rigs can have stacks, around here you either got stacks or strait pipes through your hood on your mudders, but they do look good on your chevy and to soldve the rain problem put some flappers on them, i personally like bull haulers the best( aka hockey sticks) haha thanks, but i would never put stacks on a gas truck, but im starting to look into duramax's for my next truck and it will DEFF have stacks:cool:

my custom made PVC stacks are now tucked away in the garage where noone can see them:o, untill next time i feel like getting some laughs:)

BLU82
08-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by rollie
haha thanks, but i would never put stacks on a gas truck, but im starting to look into duramax's for my next truck and it will DEFF have stacks:cool:

my custom made PVC stacks are now tucked away in the garage where noone can see them:o, untill next time i feel like getting some laughs:) They look sick Rollie, put them on for jolly this weekend lol.

stoopidbot
08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by exrider49
stacks are the sh**, why does he need a big rig to run stacks? not all big rigs have stacks ya know and what the big deal about it anyways not just only big rigs can have stacks, around here you either got stacks or strait pipes through your hood on your mudders, but they do look good on your chevy and to soldve the rain problem put some flappers on them, i personally like bull haulers the best( aka hockey sticks) If you were a big time mudder or something like that I can see it. Serves a purposes. The guys around here just make their big shiny trucks look stupid and so loud that it is just dumb.

bens250ex
08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I personally don't care what it helps with, just looks really dumb. That's just my opinion of course. Here in Denver the only guys you see with trucks like that are the red neck hicks that think their truck is the greatest thing since chew. They have to try to race everyone, pathetic if you ask me.

hahahahaha lmao you must be one of them guys rollin in a civic or somethin. anyways diesels to some people are like 4 wheelers to you. they love em and love the power they produce. and i just ordered my stack for my psd today should be in tomorrow!!!!!! woot woot i can't wait!

Pipeless416
08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
hahahahaha lmao you must be one of them guys rollin in a civic or somethin. anyways diesels to some people are like 4 wheelers to you. they love em and love the power they produce. and i just ordered my stack for my psd today should be in tomorrow!!!!!! woot woot i can't wait!

thats why im going to miss work.. :( i loved the 96 7.3 that i drove.. or the 6.5 and 6.6 duramax's, 6.0 powerstrokes, 6.4 powerstrokes, and the other 7.3s..

Moto49X
08-28-2008, 10:03 PM
rollie, you just inspired me to put stacks on my cummins.:devil:

blacknblue#2
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM

I have one of those redneck friends that prolly wouldnt mind racing whatever you have and he has a stack lol. 2004 Chevy 2500 D-Max with custom PPE tuning, dual CP3 fuel pumps, crower rods, head work, 80 horse injectors, Aurora 5000 turbo, ats tranny and a shot of steroids. round-a-about 760 horse to the rear wheels about 6 months ago. Im sure all youll get is a good look at is his single stack but boy does it shine so it would be a purdy sight haha. Actually a stack can make or break a truck. He runs all the DHRA truck pulls and is forced to run a stack due to chances of throwing a turbo out the exhaust but it dont look bad cause its cab level and slant-cut. And it looks real good coming down the track pushin about 55lbs of boost and blowin all that smoke about 40ft straight in the air.............................................Ma n im startin to make myself miss the days back before i put my PSD back to stock :(

stoopidbot
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I have one of those redneck friends that prolly wouldnt mind racing whatever you have and he has a stack lol. 2004 Chevy 2500 D-Max with custom PPE tuning, dual CP3 fuel pumps, crower rods, head work, 80 horse injectors, Aurora 5000 turbo, ats tranny and a shot of steroids. round-a-about 760 horse to the rear wheels about 6 months ago. Im sure all youll get is a good look at is his single stack but boy does it shine so it would be a purdy sight haha. Actually a stack can make or break a truck. He runs all the DHRA truck pulls and is forced to run a stack due to chances of throwing a turbo out the exhaust but it dont look bad cause its cab level and slant-cut. And it looks real good coming down the track pushin about 55lbs of boost and blowin all that smoke about 40ft straight in the air.............................................Ma n im startin to make myself miss the days back before i put my PSD back to stock :( Sounds like a sick truck, but once again his stack is serving a purpose. He's not just trying to look cool.

ZSNOW
08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a sick truck, but once again his stack is serving a purpose. He's not just trying to look cool.

dude if all your gonna do is bash people plz leave the thread. all your doing is taking up space in the forum.:scary: :huh

stoopidbot
08-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I have every right to state my opinion as do you, if you don't like it don't read it. Did I bash a single person? NOPE, just a modification to a vehicle.

bens250ex
08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
I have every right to state my opinion as do you, if you don't like it don't read it. Did I bash a single person? NOPE, just a modification to a vehicle.

well and what do you drive?? im puttin a stack on my because it is different from every other truck, i gotta run the exhaust somewhere, and my truck is not stock. its not red neck unless its a gas burner then its just red neck.

stoopidbot
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
well and what do you drive?? im puttin a stack on my because it is different from every other truck, i gotta run the exhaust somewhere, and my truck is not stock. its not red neck unless its a gas burner then its just red neck. Here in Denver, every guy with a diesel has stacks. If they are done right they look good. All the ones out here stick way above the cab and just look dumb. If they are at cab level with a slant cut or something it looks alright. I have a VERY fast F150. Police interceptor, dual flow masters, super chip and much much more. I wasn't trying to get anyone pissed or bash anyones opinions. I have yet to see stacks on a gas engine. That is dumb. The dumbest thing I've seen on a gas truck to a 5" pipe out the bottom. Why on eart would someone do that?

250x_kyle
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM

and the only thing ur civic breaths while ur racing a diesel is smoke

stoopidbot
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
and the only thing ur civic breaths while ur racing a diesel is smoke Um, OK? Who has a civic? I have a F150, Ranger, and an Infinity FX45.

bens250ex
08-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
and the only thing ur civic breaths while ur racing a diesel is smoke

yea bro no need for bashin he just said he had a f-150...atleast it isn't a civic. i personally just don't care for gas burners.. my friend has a quick lightning alot done to it but it still doesn't impress me that much.

stoopidbot
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
yea bro no need for bashin he just said he had a f-150...atleast it isn't a civic. i personally just don't care for gas burners.. my friend has a quick lightning alot done to it but it still doesn't impress me that much. I want to get a diesel. I have to convince the better half, My F150 is fast but I use it for towing the Rhino and my quad.

Mxjunkie
09-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Funny you did that rollie, last week I put 8 inch stacks on a dodge cummins at work.. I'll have pictures once I get back to work, It's loooooud :scary:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/Mxjunkie69/CopyofP1110393.jpg

bens250ex
09-01-2008, 04:41 PM
yea diesels are fun stuff i love mine can't beat that turbo just whistlin like crazy. mx did ya'll buy a kit to put them on or build one? im waiting on my stack and metal to start. since it was a holiday week end it delayed them both. but i should start putting it together this week. what is a f-150 police interceptor? whats the diff on them?

stoopidbot
09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
The Police Interceptor is just a high performance 5.4 V8. It is the same motors they put in the Crown Vic police car.

Mxjunkie
09-01-2008, 06:12 PM
yea diesels are fun stuff i love mine can't beat that turbo just whistlin like crazy. mx did ya'll buy a kit to put them on or build one? im waiting on my stack and metal to start. since it was a holiday week end it delayed them both. but i should start putting it together this week. what is a f-150 police interceptor? whats the diff on them?

We bought the stacks and cut them down about 2 1/2 inches to match the piping in the bed, the owner wanted them to be level with the back of the cab so when it's coming down the road all you see is black smoke pouring out. :cool:

bens250ex
09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
We bought the stacks and cut them down about 2 1/2 inches to match the piping in the bed, the owner wanted them to be level with the back of the cab so when it's coming down the road all you see is black smoke pouring out. :cool:

i haven't decided how high i want mine it WILL NOT be above the cab though..i meant did ya'll buy the Y pipe or build one ?