PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my 05/06 honda 450!

08525IRS
08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok so I have a loaner atv, its a beautiful 05 / 06 honda 450 kick start. I am currently at 2200 ft. elevation and that is what the bike is jetted for (guessing). I am taking the bike to Utah where the elevation will be around 8400. How will that effect the bikes performance? Will it run at all? I just called the used bike manager at the dealership and he said that I should just take off the air box lid. I have never rejetted a bike before. I don't want to drive all the way up there and the bike not run at all! It has a hmf pipe on it. Thanks in advanced,

Brian

Scro
08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, first of all the 05's and 06's are completely different. Maybe you meant 04/05?

You will be fine on your jetting. If you do get there and it doesn't run properly, you can adjust the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb. But I highly doubt you're are going to have to. We are from North Alabama, and just made a trip to West Virginia to ride (big elevation change). All of our quads ran great.

And whatever you do, don't take you airbox lid off:p Some dealerships don't have a clue:rolleyes: