PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Roll Call for BPG

dan harris
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Ok its the week before Labor Day, trying to find out who from the site will be coming out to the park????

We have a free cook out planned for Sunday at 1pm. Saturday we will have races on the KIDS TRACK for quads up to 300cc, bikes up to 85cc two stroke and 150cc 4 stroke.

Food vendors and parts and accessories will also be available. This is a great weekend to camp and ride.

****New Jump on the Advanced track where the uphill tripple was! Now its a nice step up.

I unfortunately had the first crash on it! (see pic). Jon Kelly (#316) was the first quad to clear it!

sunco
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Dan, it looks like Amanda didn't believe you when you told her that the dozer had to be on its side to change the oil :p . Hopefully you didn't scratch the paint off. Glad your ok. did you ride it out or jump 30'? see ya thursday PM late

08-27-2008, 09:58 AM
wootwoot be there sat morning

08mxkfx
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
i think im going to go for sunday. Might do sat and sun but not sure yet.

flyboy62
08-27-2008, 01:03 PM
be there all weekend:D

KXRida
08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
will you guys be open monday? If I can get someone to drive down with me I'll be down.

quad2xtreme
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Dan told me to nut up and do the jump...and how he could clear it in the dozer. Yea, he didn't do so well. :devil:

Another angle...

quad2xtreme
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Pictures don't do justice to the slope on that take-off. It is hard to walk up the face. Dan didn't elaborate but he was backing the dozer down the ramp when it rolled over on him. Connie and I missed all the excitement since we headed out for the day.

quad2xtreme
08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
one more from the top side that shows the lander...and more of me. :D

WhiteZrider
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Its a beastly jump, but I hit it last weekend on my stock shocks lol :cool:

jesseweaver
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
well i was planning on going but a guys coming to pick up my 400 tonight ($1900:rolleyes: ) i got 2 days to find a bike so im not sure. anyone have a 250f for sale? if i do come though it will kinda suck cause i suck on a bike and wont be able to hit much. new uphill looks fun. harder or easier than the old triple?

outacontrol
08-27-2008, 05:30 PM
hey jon, last i heard you were heading to the dealership to buy a bike? what ever came of that?

08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Everytime you post pics it pisses me off cause how nice it looks, only places around here that nice are dirtbike exclusive because apparently we ruin the track and slow down the dirtbikes. Who knew?

Sportrax10
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Id like to come, I am gonna try for Sunday. The quad isnt finished but I can ride with what I have.

quad2xtreme
08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
new uphill looks fun. harder or easier than the old triple?

It seemed about the same to me but Dan says it is easier. Last year it took me 3rd gear pinned to clear and that is the same now. The lander is higher so you land softer but at the same time you do have to go a bit higher. This is the first time I hit it since landing short and compressing my ankle just over a year ago.

I also just starting hitting the new flag jump again. It definitely sends you higher but not as much as July 4th weekend Dan told me. I have some pics but didn't post figuring others have.

05Z400rdr
08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow...I hope you and the dozer are ok Dan!! I won't be able to make it this weekend or next weekend for sure....so maybe hopefully the following weekend...:confused: I haven't been there in a while! The new step up looks really fun, too...can't wait to hit it!

Jon you're lookin good!

Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend this weekend!! Hope you have a big turnout, Dan!!

Landon

quad2xtreme
08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Wow...I hope you and the dozer are ok Dan!! I won't be able to make it this weekend or next weekend for sure....so maybe hopefully the following weekend...:confused: I haven't been there in a while! The new step up looks really fun, too...can't wait to hit it!

Jon you're lookin good!

Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend this weekend!! Hope you have a big turnout, Dan!!

Landon

Thanks Landon. I can't make it either. Racing at Birch Creek this weekend. Planning to run "C" class and the 40+ class.

KXRida
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
well i was planning on going but a guys coming to pick up my 400 tonight ($1900:rolleyes: ) i got 2 days to find a bike so im not sure. anyone have a 250f for sale? if i do come though it will kinda suck cause i suck on a bike and wont be able to hit much. new uphill looks fun. harder or easier than the old triple?

if I go down monday and you're down there I'll let yah ride my yzf for a little bit.

05Z400rdr
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Thanks Landon. I can't make it either. Racing at Birch Creek this weekend. Planning to run "C" class and the 40+ class.

Oh ok, awesome! Good luck!!:macho

jesseweaver
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
if I go down monday and you're down there I'll let yah ride my yzf for a little bit.

thanks for the offer but i wont go unless i get a bike cause its like an hour from my cabin. ill probably end up hanging out at the rocket most of the weekend thats only a mile or 2 away.

it probably wouldnt be a good idea letting me get on a bike on a track either. i jumped my friends crf450 a few times but im not used to it at all and never hit over 10' lol

Crazy lil punk
08-27-2008, 09:18 PM
thanks for the offer but i wont go unless i get a bike cause its like an hour from my cabin. ill probably end up hanging out at the rocket most of the weekend thats only a mile or 2 away.

it probably wouldnt be a good idea letting me get on a bike on a track either. i jumped my friends crf450 a few times but im not used to it at all and never hit over 10' lol

I sent you a PM, I have a super clean yz250F forsale and I am in your area.

Track looks sick, I am hoping to try and get out there next season.

sunco
08-28-2008, 06:26 AM
LOL so ur not gonna sell ur stuff CPL. Come on over to the other side. you'll wonder why you haven't been comin to BPG before. There is room for everyone & its just a great place. :p Enjoy the holiday weekend & the last ride at the park. I know its disappointing, as it is for any place that closes. See ya around

quad2xtreme
08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol
hey jon, last i heard you were heading to the dealership to buy a bike? what ever came of that?

Connie pretty much convinced me that I complain about not getting enough time to ride my quad so how am I going to ride a bike too. Now that I have my quad back and went to Breezewood for 4 days, I am pretty stoked all over again. I've shelved plans for a bike for now.

dan harris
08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Glad to see all the people that will be out. Landon sorry you won't be able to make it. Looking forward to riding with you. good luck at the races. Big Jon - nice pics of the uphill - you were bombing it! First person to hit it! I built it up a second time right before Jon did it, now there is a real nice lander to hit. The take off ramp is also steeper sending you higher.

Must be the steepest lip here cause I've never flipped the machine before! The flip didn't hurt - The chain saw and 100lb sprocket and shovel I had behind the seat didn't feel so good. Definately scared the $h!t outta me going over backwards before falling to the side.

Its raining today but supposed to clear out tommorow. Tracks are draining real good and needed the water!

Pappy
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Dan, glad you weren't hurt!! made for a cool picture though:devil:

We will be up saturday morning in time for breakfest, I miss my bacon egg and cheese sandwich:p

dan harris
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Pappy - glad to hear that you'll be up, I know alot of people been askin' where ya been. Looking forward to seeing you and the family.

dan harris
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
In addition to the new uphill jump, I changed the corner before it. Check out the pic. On the inside there is a hill with two lips, the outside line has a small 20' table top. I took the pic this morning in the rain.

dan harris
08-28-2008, 11:20 AM
A little different angle of the same corner

MOFO
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Dan - are you having the couch racing again?

The reason I ask is that I passed someone today leaving MD (for work) on Rt 70. They had a white Z400 and a green love seat on a trailer heading west... :D

dan harris
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
NO the next couch race won't be until Next July 4th.

dan harris
08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Saturday evening we will be having racing on the KIDS TRACK for kids on quads and bikes along with adults on pitbikes. Sign ups are from 3 to 5pm Racing Starts at 6pm.

wvspeedfreak
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
We will see you there Saturday Dan.

flyboy62
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
every thing looks good dan. we are leaving tonight after something for school. we will be there late at night or earily monring. i think am gona race the 250 :macho

Crazy lil punk
08-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sunco
LOL so ur not gonna sell ur stuff CPL. Come on over to the other side. you'll wonder why you haven't been comin to BPG before. There is room for everyone & its just a great place. :p Enjoy the holiday weekend & the last ride at the park. I know its disappointing, as it is for any place that closes. See ya around

I would have came over to the other side a longggg time ago, haha, but I can't ask Mom to drive out 3 hours to sign all the paper work, so next season I can sign my own paperwork, haha. Bring back lots of pictures so I know what I'm missing.

sunco
08-28-2008, 06:55 PM
u got it

jesseweaver
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
its lookin a little nicer now, as long as i can get down to see crazy lil punks bike tomorrow i might be there. anyone want to let me borrow some gear, id look pretty funny in my honda gear on a yami

KXRida
08-29-2008, 04:22 AM
haha like I said if Me and you go monday you can ride my bike and borrow some gear haha. I have to work all day saturday, but I'm trying to get out of it, so we'll see.

dan harris
08-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
haha like I said if Me and you go monday you can ride my bike and borrow some gear haha. I have to work all day saturday, but I'm trying to get out of it, so we'll see.

Kxrida, have you been to the park yet? I see you post about coming at every event but don't think I've had a chance to meet you yet. If ya make it up make sure you introduce yourself.

Hope to see everybody here tonight or tomorrow morning.

jesseweaver
08-29-2008, 03:23 PM
i just bought lil punks yz250f so maybe. btw thanks a lot for the bike. if i go ill be there probably sunday. depends how im feeling on the bike. i might have to hit up the kiddie track a little first:D

jesseweaver
08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
nevermind, i dont have my liscense yet (1 week:mad: ) and my parents wont drive me cause they say its too far so ill be at the rocket most of the weekend. anyone else gonna be there

d3ktrix
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I'll be there sat/sun, leaving tomorrow morning at 7am if all goes well.
4 hour drive.

Riding this:

http://atv.sploitz.com/Resized/ms_top_right_2_1.jpg

Mxjunkie
08-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll be there tomorrow... won't be ridin but i'm gonna be ridin around on a black 20 inch most likely.. :p :o

ZeroLogic
08-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
i'm gonna be ridin around on a black 20 inch most likely.. :p :o

Back to your old hobbies now are ya?:eek: :chinese:

Mxjunkie
08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah..... both quads are out of running order and well the price of VP.. :scary: