PDA

View Full Version : need some input!

woodsracer144
08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
hey everyone i need some help...

I just watched the new vid on the sx450's and the 505 and im hooked...
are the 08 xc's like that also...
with out the widers a-arms axle different swinger, and shocks tires rims and nerfs.. i think thats all thats different...

now i have a 400ex with a yzf400 motor in it and a major Pand P done to it... and i've been thinking about gettin a ktm now. theres a 08 xc450 by me for 7k and i think theres gonna be a blow out sale soon.

i dont know if i should sell the yanda or keep it.
i had it runnin one day and it was killer fast but i have almost a all stock bike...

that ktm is one sick bike and i wouldnt have to buy any shocks or any of that...

but i'll have the yz running by this weekend and i'll know what i to do i'll see how well she runs.

neals03400
08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
The only differnce that you didnt post is, the engines are completly different, xc has reverse and the sx doesnt. there are a few other small diff the shocks are ohlins-xc and wp-sx fuel tank is larger-xc and the new sx is gona be around 11 thousand. if you can get an xc for aroud 7 i would get it. i love mine a wouldnt trade for anything. i also went from a highly modded 400ex and there is no comparison. its like goin from a comaro to a porsche or ferrari.
hope this helps

woodsracer144
08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
i think im gonna buy one next year... when they have a blow out sale... unless someone post something els...

becasue my motor is really fast just need 900 bucks in shocks and i'll be ok for now...

then im out of school and i can really race.

does the xc have the little welded on bolt things everywhere?

that was really cool but i think they might brake off here and there...

neals03400
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
yes it has welded nuts and none of mine have broken off but ive only removed the a arms to adjust the caster and camber.

JGlaze
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
There's a great video out there somewere of one of the KTM guys going over the alot of the cool stuff of the XC at the intro last year if you wan't more info on it.