PDA

View Full Version : Laeger A-Arms, Swingarm, and Stem

guy310
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I am picking up Laeger A-Arms, swingarm, and stem for a DRR tomorrow to start getting ready for a winter build. I don't know what shocks yet and I have been told they are the only set in existence. I am not sure if they are available yet, but I imagine that they would be for sale if they built a set. Everybody knows that Laeger builds world class suspension components so i am sure they will be the very best available. I will post pictures of them when I get them and I will post pictures as we build the quad. I am leaning towards Custom Axis shocks and we will be doing some powdercoating with the frame and other various parts. We have one more race the 7th of Sept. and the teardown begins. Wish us luck.

jread14
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
That sounds great! I look forward to seeing the... What length shock will they use? I would sugest you check out the new Fox Evols for the mini quad before you buy a set of Axis. Good luck!

bulldogfallon
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Were they built to use the Motowoz shocks?

I thought Shane had mentioned that to me when they were in production..not sure though

guy310
08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I think the shocks would be built to a-arms specs, but I know that Shane prefers the Motowoz shocks. I have never used them and want to maybe do something a little different, depending on the cost. I can't spend big quad shock money if they are available for mini quad money. However, Axis has made a couple sets for mod 90s and for Apex quads too. As far as the arms go, I couldn't be sure they were in production and without talking to Laeger about it, I didn't want to put words in anyones mouth. Should be able to post pics of the parts tonight or tomorrow.

guy310
08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
The stuff looks very cool, as soon as I find the camera, I am going to post pics. They are uncoated as of yet too.

guy310
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Can anyone tell me the eye to eye length of the front and rear shocks off of any other LT setup? I am trying to picture in my mind what they might look like or compare to size wise.

wvspeedfreak
08-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I think the fronts on ours are 14.5 inches and the rear is 13 inches.Hurry up and post pics of the Laeger stuff :D :D :D

jread14
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah, hurry up and post some pics... On a seperate note, you need to call Laeger and ask them what length shock they used and liked best while doing the R&D.

dblacks
08-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I would expect that Motowoz are les $ then Axis but you never know

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Swingarm

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Another try.

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Another. Real ball joints by the way. They are the same as the big bike arms that Laeger sells. Very sturdy.

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Another.

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Last one. Enjoy.

guy310
08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Here is the quad they will go on.

WOLFPACK
08-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Were they built to use the Motowoz shocks?

I thought Shane had mentioned that to me when they were in production..not sure though Yes Gary, i guess i should have kept you informed a bit better of the progress. Scott at Leager's took a little longer than originally thought. He redesigned everything a couple of times until he was happy. The stuff came out awesome and is available for sale now.

Wolfpack is a big fan of the motowoz shocks but any willing shock company can build shocks for the Leager suspension. Guy has had real good luck with Axis and wants to stay with them.

Laeger's is going to be the suspension to run in 2009!

Shane

guy310
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I just got back from a little vacation but later today I will be posting pics of the Laeger stuff powdercoated pink and I will also PEP piggyback ZPS fronts and the remote reservoir rear. Nothing is mounted yet, I just got the sckocks and they are super sweet. Cost for (PEP shocks only) a long travel setup $1540 shipped from SF Racing. They are tuned for rider weight, skill level and style of riding. They take into acount any skid plate, what suspension, what axle, what tires and wheels, what nerfs, whether they have heelguards, among other things that affect weight and handling. There is no finer suspension on this planet.