PDA

View Full Version : while were talking about schools...check this out.

Warnerade
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I was just on my way out to get lunch and I was listening to a talk show on my sirius radio. 14 out of 28 middle schools in the waschington DC area are going to PAY their students 100 bucks every 2 weeks to show up to class on time...get good grades, and stay out of trouble. It is coming right of the schools budget, so instead of buying new books...the students get paid not to destroy the out-dated ones.

I would had straight A's in school if I was paid.

mooseracerX
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I herd that on the news a while back. What has the world come to that schools have to pay kids to go to school. Shame shame.

powermadd400ex
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
they thought about doing the same thing in chattanooga schools. they had 1 or 2 reports on it and we never heard anything else about afterwards.
sorta retarded if you ask me.

ZeroLogic
08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Students should pay the school. They are doing them a favor by educating them. I'm sure a kid from a thrid world country would kill to go to school while kids here are avoiding it.:rolleyes:

ohsobad_chevy
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Students should pay the school. They are doing them a favor by educating them. I'm sure a kid from a thrid world country would kill to go to school while kids here are avoiding it.:rolleyes:

Amen brotha!!

Ruby Soho
08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
wow thats down right pathetic.:scary:

450raider
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
this country already has one of the highest education costs on the planet, if half of those kids their paying planned to go to college.... and did someday the schools are still gonna stick it to em and come out ahead, just lookin at it from another angle thats all....

Warnerade
08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
so wait, you think its good that the schools are paying students to attend class, do well, and stay out of trouble out of the school budget that goes to new kickballs for gym, or nice books for students to read out of, or a few new buses? Just because they MIGHT end up paying an arm and a leg someday for college which does not go back to the public school system, but to the college itself?

I would be willing to bet if a student has to be paid to attend MIDDLE school, he has no means to ever attand college anyway.

08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
would have motivated me to do better lol. are you sure its real money like US currency? The reason i say that is because my middle school paid you if you got good grades or made something to sell they had a "micro society" where the kids would be in different classes as a job to make things and buy things that others made. So they would give us school money for doing good to go buy something. It was pretty lame but I did learn how to make a golfclub lol

Warnerade
08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
ya, its actual currency straight from the school budget.

ricksmx865
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
what has the world come too?!

i believe taking that $100 dollers and putting into some sort of bond or something for the students to get after graduation to use for college or some form of secondary education would be a better alternative.

i know i would love to have a couple years worth of books paid for just because i went to class and did well in middle school.

However i still feel we should NOT have to pay our students to go to class and not may too much trouble (we all get into a lil ;) )

mooseracerX
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I really think some of that money should go to police so that they can get more officers to patrol for kids skipping school and start fining kids who don't. JMO

ZeroLogic
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mooseracerX
I really think some of that money should go to police so that they can get more officers to patrol for kids skipping school and start fining kids who don't. JMO

They fine the parents for truancy. You can't fine students for scoring poorly.

400exrider99
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
d.c. is one of the worst places as far as crime. most of the kids there are going to end up in jail or six feet under. if those kids are going to throw there lifes away i say let them.

tt racer
08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow whats the next bribe when you graduate tax payers should pay you to be responsible and a upstanding citizen, WTF!

Pipeless416
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM
pay them to attend school or pay them welfare.. its a lose lose situation. :rolleyes:

chris46250r
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
pay them to attend school or pay them welfare.. its a lose lose situation. :rolleyes:

If things like welfare, unemployment and social security were judged partly on education or the lack of, this world would be a whole lot better off.

ZeroLogic
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
If things like welfare, unemployment and social security were judged partly on education or the lack of, this world would be a whole lot better off.

How? I judge that all on lazyness. :ermm:

chris46250r
08-28-2008, 11:08 AM

Ding Ding Ding!!! you get the prize. If you are lazy you didnt try as hard as others. So you dont get as much money as others.

Pipeless416
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM

laziness can be a result of poor academic achievement. not to generalize, but shakwanda from the projects figured out that you can make more money than actually getting a job by popping out more kids and getting more welfare by playing the government for fools. these money making thug babies will continue the trend, and not go to school. so pay them to actually attend school and get them off the streets and maybe it'll inspire 10% to do more with their lives, or pay them in welfare or pay for their stay in jail. ive read that to keep a 25 year old criminal in jail for a life sentence, it would cost the government $1M. maybe if this would deter a few individuals from being sentenced to life, it could be considered an investment.

katch26
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
my girlfriend is a Baltimore City school teacher and the city pays their students $250 if they pass the MD state equivalency test