PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with questions and introductions

Flagman
08-26-2008, 01:00 AM
HI
I checked the ATV connection but doesnt have nearly as many model specific discussion as exrider does. My carb was leaking and suspected my float. I took the ( I believe) OEM carb off and it appears theres no adjustment to bend the float so am assuming if they are bad you just replace them? I noticed the valve plunger (the little rocket shaped tube that goes up into the carb body) appears fine but I am unable to remove the seat that it sits in so I can inspect and replace that. Does anyone have any suggestings. Also, I thought I'd look at a possible jet adjustment since its all apart. It has a 148 main on top of a needle and that needle doesnt seem to be adustable. It does have a threaded nut that would allow me to move the "wholed" sleeve over the needle up and down but I cannot find anywhere on exrider site that tells how to adjust it, or how hi or low it needs to be???? Everyone talks about moving the clip up or down; a subject I am familiar with as I have changed my Kawa KLX 400 with an FCR carb before. On this carb, the needle does not seem to come out? I live at 7,000 and the quad has a stroker sx1 aftermarket pipe on it. With a main of 148 I am probably running rich but then with the pipe Im thinking it would balance that out and not need a main jet change. Any thoughts??? It runs pretty good. Finally, does anyone have an owners manual that I could buy or get on line or a source for finding it online? Its a 2002 model
Mark
Flagstaff, AZ