PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Houser crf owners..in here please..

Glamis400ex
08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Since I bought my Houser crf used I am unsure of some of the parts used to build it. Calling Houser is ridiculous since they don't remember the parts they used to build it either. I have a couple questions...

1)What front swingarm slider are you using? Mine says 400ex stamped on it but not sure of the maker. Does TM Designs make one for it? I called them today with zero help.

2) What make and model of rear chain slider are you using? I have a Fredette, but don't know the part number or if any other part numbers will cross reference and work for me.

3) is anyone using a upper chain roller? It looks like there is a bolt hole for one but it's close to the airbox tube on my No link. Is it needed? Maybe so, I hit the airbox on a hard landing.

any pics you have of those areas...please post them up. I'm going to start needing parts as they wear out...I need to know what all you guys with the Houser crf's are running.

Thanks

250Renvy
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I feel for you. I have a Laeger 250X frame and there are a bunch of parts I don't know what to use and obviously Laegers wouldn't know.

You should just do a search for houser crf owners and contact them directly. Most I'm sure will be willing to help

When I get my frame done, I'm going to make a sticker and put it on the frame, that way I won't forget down the road.

usp4u
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM
my walsh uses a TM Design. 400ex front slider.
no positive on the rear guide, but I'm pretty sure alot of aftermarket swingers use a Banshee style guide.

protraxrptr17
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Most newer swingarms I have seen use a CR500 rear guide. Maybe you can see mine in the pic. I dont know what year CR500 but I think any of the last years are the same.

xrxmxcx
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
ive dealt quite a bit with houser on working on my hybrids and they actually sent me the last few copy's of their tech booklets on building the original crf bikes. ill find them and post up the info.

Glamis400ex
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
you are the man...that would be sweet brotha.:)

xrxmxcx
09-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Front Chain Slide-
250r OEM Slide - Part # 52170-HB9-770

Rear Chain Slide-
Still Avail. From Houser - Call them and they will set you up with one.

As far as Upper Rollers I would recommend using one even if its close, and standard roller will work with the right length bolt and washer.

voodoochassis
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
this must be comon with houser then my brother just bought a true houser 426 hybrid quad and they don't even remember what bearings they used in the swingarm.how the hell can you build something and not right it down then produce something you dont even sell repair parts for.

jrspawn
12-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Its all in who you get on the phone. Ive learned that over the years. Every company except Walsh(they know their stuff, havent had an unanswered question ever!) has this issue most of the staff not knowing much on these hybrid setups. You need to call them and either speak to mark or jeff(im not 100% on those names, but pretty sure both of those can help) A month or so back i spent over an hour on the phone with i *think* jeff, he was able to answer EVERY question i had in detail. The same goes for Laeger, ive called their before and had to explain what a hybrid chassis was and let them know that Laeger used to make them lol. But there is a lady that works there that knows her stuff!!! She has helped me with questions and getting parts for bother the Laeger YZF and CRF setups. She must have been around since when mark ran the place or something. Theres ALOT of info shared on these boards also if for some reason you cant get anywheres dealing with the companies, Just ask away and im sure someone will be able to help you. Theres alot of people on here like myself that like dealing with these "old school" hybrids ;)

Thank you
Justin

Originally posted by voodoochassis
this must be comon with houser then my brother just bought a true houser 426 hybrid quad and they don't even remember what bearings they used in the swingarm.how the hell can you build something and not right it down then produce something you dont even sell repair parts for.