PDA

View Full Version : Wireing Help.

atvmaster0927
08-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Today i went to see if i had a Temp Light under the hood. And i did, but it did NOT have the plastic red piece thing on it.

So i wanted to see if the light was working. So i disconnected the ECT sensor and started the engine. The light never came on.

So i went to see if thethe black and red wires from the ignition were spliced together.(Because i run no key). And i found a connector (wasnt plugged in) and it had all four of the correct wires..(so i assumedthose were the wires for it)...then i spliced the red and black wire together and started it again and nothing happend. So i guess that wasnt the correct wire. I'm not sure.

Maybe i need a new temp light sensor?

I wanna install my fan but i have to do this first..i think. Also i plugged the fan in and nothing happened either. I put the blue connector on the fan into the only slot it would fit and that didnt come on either.

Also i started to trace where my killswitch went and it started going toward the cdi inthose wires. So i dont know whats up with that

Here's a picture of the wirs i thought it was...

1. I circled where i spliced.
2. I made X's on the two wires i cut them from.
3. I made a small circle on the green wire that was still connected.

08-25-2008, 04:38 PM
The fan won't come on until the quad gets hot. You can test it by starting the quad and unpluging the wire to the temp sensor and grounding that wire. The fan should come on immeadiatly. I have mine grounded so it runs all the time.

atvmaster0927
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
The fan won't come on until the quad gets hot. You can test it by starting the quad and unpluging the wire to the temp sensor and grounding that wire. The fan should come on immeadiatly. I have mine grounded so it runs all the time.

Do you mean ground the ECT? How would i do that?

Also, did i cut/splice the correct wires ?

Can you please post some pictures to help me with where the fan plugs in? and wich wire i need to cut?

08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Take the wire that plugs into the temp semsor and ground it to the frame where the coil grounds. I mabe a jumper wire with a female spade on one side that will plug into the wire that plugs into the temp sensor wire and an eyelet on the other end so I can bolt ot to the frame. I did that because I didn't want to cut the harness.

I can't tell what wire you have there.

I will post some pictures tomorrow for ya.

atvmaster0927
08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
Take the wire that plugs into the temp semsor and ground it to the frame where the coil grounds. I mabe a jumper wire with a female spade on one side that will plug into the wire that plugs into the temp sensor wire and an eyelet on the other end so I can bolt ot to the frame. I did that because I didn't want to cut the harness.

I can't tell what wire you have there.

I will post some pictures tomorrow for ya.

Alright thanks.

Thats was way to confusing. lol.

I'll get a better picture of the wires tomorrow with a much better camera.