PDA

View Full Version : Problems With 07 and up YFZ, Need Help

400exrider989
08-25-2008, 02:19 PM
so my orginal plan was to sell the banshee and buy me a 07-08 450r but after looking at the present tread of all the problems they have i want to know what problems the 07-08 YFZ has, i dont see how people call the honda 450r reliable when i read like 5 pages of problems they have, so fill me in dont be shy.

ohsobad_chevy
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
You can't come on here and read how many "problem threads" there are and make your decision based upon that.
All the 450's require maintenance, if that is neglected, then you have problems. Buy what you feel comfortable on and take care of it and it will treat you right.

With that being said, buy the YFZ.....lol, sorry had to. :p

Off-Road Maniac
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
the 07 - 08 Yamaha YFZ's are rock solid. but you must remember it is a race bike and requires more maintenance than a farm quad. Frequent oil changes and valve adjustments etc.

400exrider989
08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
no im not an idiot, all the time, lol but i understand the 450s and that they need higher maint. and im fine with that i love the maint. its just i have read that the 450rs have lots of problems with starting when hot and how they need to hvae the valves done all the time because of that and what not, just look at the trx450r forum its like the first thread and there seems to be lots of problems that will leave you stuck in the bush with the trx and i do hard trail riding and i just wanted to hear what the down sides of the yfz were and how they compared, with that cleared up lets keep the thread going and just talk about the problems you have had or no problems you have had.

BrettOaktree
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
i have an 08 yfz and its a very good quad the only problem i can truthfully see is the suspension is a little on the stiff side but thats minor