PDA

View Full Version : upgrading the yfz

Tubsy
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
im looking to upgrade my yfz. I already have a sparks kit on it and im looking at some other things to add performance wise. I still want reliability and i was looking at the high comp pistons too anything else out there??

ohsobad_chevy
08-25-2008, 03:21 PM
The stock cams (modded) are about as good as any aftermarket. I would wait on the HC piston until you start to loose compression on the stocker. Get a good intake, the FCI is proven to be the best intake for the YFZ.

I would actually start upgrading your suspension first, if you haven't done so. Get the handling first then add power.

Off-Road Maniac
08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Tubsy
im looking to upgrade my yfz. I already have a sparks kit on it and im looking at some other things to add performance wise. I still want reliability and i was looking at the high comp pistons too anything else out there??

what kind of intake you running? That is an easy upgrade.

Next would probaly be porting and cams.

Tubsy
08-26-2008, 07:07 AM
I have the whole sparks kit so i have the air filter and the billet ring

Tubsy
08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
The stock cams (modded) are about as good as any aftermarket. I would wait on the HC piston until you start to loose compression on the stocker. Get a good intake, the FCI is proven to be the best intake for the YFZ.

I would actually start upgrading your suspension first, if you haven't done so. Get the handling first then add power.

Yeah well I actually havent even adjusted the shocks at all which im going to do. They are very stiff from the factory and for me i only weigh 155 pounds so im going to adjust them.