PDA

View Full Version : yfz shock ?'s

mxpimp2000
08-24-2008, 09:04 PM
i have JB+2 long travel front end and axis triple rate LT shocks i think it sits to high i like my quads to sit a lil lower than mine is sitting now i race mx im a A class rider and need some advice on how i can lower my ride height without buyin new shocks heres a pic of the quad let me know wat u think on the ride height

This is my bike with the ride height is way over 6-8 inch
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/mxpimp2000/100_5756.jpg

This is a pic i found on the forums of a bike with the same front end and sits alot better than mine does i want mine to sit this low
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/mxpimp2000/DSCN0681.jpg

ohsobad_chevy
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Are you talking about lowering your ride height in the front only or the rear too?

Off-Road Maniac
08-25-2008, 03:53 PM
what IS your ride height with you on the quad? Front? and Rear? measure the front near where the nerf bars atache before it rakes up.

mxpimp2000
08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
ive got the stock rear shock but i do have an AXIS rear that needs a different spring on it so until then i cannot put it on my bike its setup way too soft the fronts are bout perfect as far as ride quality but height is a different story i rode my buddys stock suzuki and i can take corners alot better and faster than on my bike it would help alot if mine didnt sit as high ill measure the height and let you know Off-Road Maniac

mxpimp2000
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
ride height with me on the quad measuring from under the nerf bar under the peg is 9 inches from the ground in the front from the lower a-arm bolt hole is 12 inches very front of quad my buddy has the ars-fx arms LT with axis shocks his sits 6 inches at ride height very smooth ride and jumping takes corners 10x better than mine does i would like to lower mine to around 7 and stiffen up the shocks to keep from bottomin off jumps it dosent as of now but im sure if i went lower than it would bottom easier

mxpimp2000
09-04-2008, 08:35 AM
i just put an axis rear shock on my bike and it lowered the rear alot like 2 inches or more the height now for the rear is bout 7inches the front came down a hair but front sits lil higher than the rear now can anybody tell me if and wat i should do now??