View Full Version : Getting ready for your race

esr250r86
08-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi,I was just wondering what you guys would reccommend me doing before my next race. I dont get to ride much at all,maybe once a week if possible. But what do you guys do to prepare? Like what to eat,and what to stay away from. What to drink? and maybe even some exercise or something? My race is on sep 20th and Im in decent shape. But would like to be better,just really dont have alot of time :( So any help would be nice to get me ready to go! Thanks.

blakefoote
08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
stay away from sodas, energy drinks!!! try to do lots of cardio and some back and mostly upper body work outs... the people at MXT can really answer your questions...

rollie
08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
like he said, energy drinks kill me, and stretch alot before you go out, other than that i make sure i dont have to go to the bathroom before i race haha, ohh and i dont suggest eating RIGHT before you go out to race

esr250r86
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
sodas...ahh.lol. I do drink them occasionally.lol. But cool.yeah,Im going to try and run alot from now til then. Eat well,hydrate myself,and maybe work out..but that wont help 20 days from now I dont think? Any other suggestions?! Please help!

Warnerade
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
ride a mountain bike...best thing you can do as far as cardio wise as far as I'm concerned. As long as you dont let yourself get lazy..which is easy to do.

08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I do a whole bunch of nada, and I'm up late and some time party the night before.

I really really really gotta stop, I can feel it during the 2nd moto's.

blakefoote
08-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by esr250r86
sodas...ahh.lol. I do drink them occasionally.lol. But cool.yeah,Im going to try and run alot from now til then. Eat well,hydrate myself,and maybe work out..but that wont help 20 days from now I dont think? Any other suggestions?! Please help!

ya it will take a while to even notice the change....unless you completely toture yourself now until then basically... ya but stick with water, gaterade, and juices and such.... sodas and energy drinks will absolutly kill your riding performance

BlaineKaiser450
08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I run 4-6 miles a day and do lots of upper body conditioning. The day before a race, eat pasta for dinner and at the track eat bannanas and stuff that gives you energy. Carbonation in sodas and energy drinks causes arm pump. So does pickled foods. But the biggest thing that helps me is running and riding a WHOLE lot

ZeroLogic
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I eat lots of food and drink lots of beer the night before I hit the track up! But I don't race.:blah: