PDA

View Full Version : Sparks X1 cam vs. Hot Cams stage 1 ???

tri5ron
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
does anyone here have any hands on experience comparing a Sparks X1 cam, to a Hot Cams stage 1???

any real knowledge or numbers would be appreciated.

(I'm almost done with my 2-way radio's install, and my tools are still warm,..... so it's about time to start thinkin' cam. LOL)

08-24-2008, 01:58 PM
I have had experience with the stage 1 hotcam. It was a good all around gain. It seemed to have more lowend than stock but mid range it hauled and had plenty of power and it deffintely had more topend as well but midrange it seemed to hit hardest. Good cam, I see a lot of people going stage 2 to get topend but I cant see why you would want most of your power focused on topend when 4 strokes are supposed to have the torque and tons of lowend

Pipeless416
08-24-2008, 09:08 PM
i can't help with the specific cams mentioned, but i chose a stage 2 because mine already had stump pulling power on the bottom with the hmf, 450r carb, and higher comp piston. mods should be chosen to compliment each other. too many people just choose parts without thinking about how they'll interact together.

REDRIDDER
08-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i can't help with the specific cams mentioned, but i chose a stage 2 because mine already had stump pulling power on the bottom with the hmf, 450r carb, and higher comp piston. mods should be chosen to compliment each other. too many people just choose parts without thinking about how they'll interact together. The last sentence so true!

rideracelivemx7
08-25-2008, 01:08 AM
so far no one has answered your question so I think ill give a wack at it. I do belive the sparks cam is hard faced which requires new hard faced rockers. the sparks is going to be higher qualitey in crafts manship and belive it has a tighter low end. hc isn't the highest end cam on the market. there cheap for a reason lol look at webcams. there bad as s. and expensive. hc's have a much higher wear rate on most onn the market don't quote me

tri5ron
08-28-2008, 10:40 PM
so has anyone tried, or is using the Sparks X1 cam?

sc400ex_rider
08-29-2008, 06:26 AM
try posting this in the powertrain section most of the hardcore 400ex riders have moved to the 450 forums.:(