PDA

View Full Version : I need a spark arrester! ASAP

KX250GUY
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Please help me find out who makes a spark arrester for 08 mxr 100.

We received our quad on Fri. and we have a race this weekend and they require one.

Thanks

Brian

riding4fun
08-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Not sure if this will be good enough for your rules, but at one of our WORCS races they required them.

The owner of Apex runs the series with his boys. He gave me a small screen that fits between the silencer/pipe connection. He said it is an approved forestry item.

Hope that helps.

Darrell

KX250GUY
08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
I found out that no one makes a U.S. Forest Service approved one so I talked to Whiplash and they said I could use the hand made screen type.

Sounds like a apportunity for someone to get one made, they could sell quite a few around here.

wrhracing
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Super trapp clamp on's are forest approved.
To be able to legally stamp the silencer as U.S. Forest approved takes a lot of coin.
The old two stroke enduros had forest approved silencers on them , you should check out the old bone yards for something you could make fit. Like one from a suzuki DS 100 or a Suzuki DS/TS 185. Measure the stinger size and go to town.

silicaman
10-03-2008, 05:00 PM
As far i know the tag isn't as important as the prob test. The person that checked ours had a prob that he ran in the pip and if it goes so far and stops then it is ok, the prob is a certain size to not go through the screen.