PDA

View Full Version : popping on decel and wont idle when hot

babydx63x
08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
i have a 2001 honda 250ex, it will start up fine and run for a little bit but it will pop alot when i let off the throttle at higher speeds.

also, after i ride and it the motor gets a lil hot it will stall on me and wont start back up unless i use the choke. they once its started i shut the choke and it dies or it would stay running and as soon as i give it a little gas it stalls. let the bike site for 10-15 minutes then it will run again.

any ideas?

dirtdawg
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM
do you have any exhaust/engine mods? if you do or don't, try tightening your exhaust clamps, on the header to cyilinder and header to muffler. if that doesn't help, you need to rejet. again, i don't know what your quad has for aftermarket, but that's all i can tell you for now.

babydx63x
08-25-2008, 07:07 AM
it's a stock exhaust but the person before me took the baffle out.. we tried rigging one up to it and it seemed better. just ordered new jets too, gonna give it a try. thanks

rev-man
08-31-2008, 03:55 PM
i would check ur compression also it seems maybe when it gets hot u may lose compression to where it wont run it happened to me on my old warrior and i had to rebuild it

i hope it is just a small problem like a jet it an exhaust problem but since that motor is 7 years old i would check the compression

babydx63x
08-31-2008, 06:23 PM
my boyfriend just changed the jetting yeseterday.. and cleaned the air filter today. i should be riding tomorrow, i'll see how it goes then. hopefully it's nothing serious otherwise i'm screwed.. thanks for your reply

rev-man
08-31-2008, 09:44 PM
no problem hope everything goes good and your back riding tomoro