PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Buy Apex Pro Mxr L/t ?'s

TRX450RACER174
08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi guys i'm looking to purchase one of these for my son he is 8 and races a lightly modded LT80 but i think he needs a step forward in technology, So i am looking at either the 70 or the 90 and my ? is how are these motors compared to a stock LT80 as far as performance, I do not want to get him something totally faster but am looking for the suspension aspect first over performance and also any pros or cons over this model any help is appreciated as i would like to drive to AZ to pick one of these up soon.

nordic quad
08-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Well my son is six and a halfe and i started him out on a lt 80 a cupple of years ago he soon maxed it out then bougth a polaris predator 90 with a pipekit and a bigger carb,found this to expensive to build suspention wise so this year he has been racing a 07 Apex 70 mxr.Both the 70 and the 90 is wery competitve out of the box and and i think the suspention is working very good even with a light rider so the lt sold be even better.The most importent thing is to dial in the carb jetting etc. Then look at the clutches its recomended to change the drivespring to Koso 1500 or 2000,this is our impessions.
Stein A :D :D :D

quadnana7
08-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Hi trx 450 racer You will see serious increase in power over stock lt 80 on 70 or 90, but most important; huge suspension differences over the suzuki. I did notice all the upgrades on your quad & believe you are as addicted to the sport as most of us. Before you buy, you could save some up front money & check into an 07 Apex or DRR as you will probably be buying all the upgrades sooner than you think! P.S. sent you a pm.

Andyman17dad
08-24-2008, 07:58 AM
The steering and handling has been GREATLY improved on the newer LongTravel model Apex. The older ones were good, but had alot of bump steer, but that was corrected with the LT models.

Either one will be a huge improvement over the Suzuki!!

TRX450RACER174
08-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys i am at the point where i need to get him something with more suspension cause the mods he has on the zuki are good but i think he needs to be going to the next step ,he has rode this quad for 3yrs and needs to be at the next level in performance.

wrhracing
08-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Which ever one you buy , get a slipper clutch from Dave Carter.
DC Motorsports. It's the First thing to put into one of them , this side of softer grips and new coolant.