PDA

View Full Version : INput on FOX SHOCKS (needed)

IOWAracer
08-22-2008, 03:37 PM
IM needing any input on Fox racing shocks you guys might have for XC! I was wondering what route to go with them or the new Axis air pro....I talked to a few fellow racers and also Duane Johnson's mechanic now (after he left LTE) and he said he didnt care for the Axis at all and is now running fox just wondering what all you guys might know?

Broc

TRX450RACER174
08-22-2008, 04:22 PM
If you do a search this was a hot topic awhile back but i think some of the pro riders tried them out and then ditched them from what i read

ricksmx865
08-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Most my fellow xc buddies have fox and love them! i cant wait to get a set for myself

As for axis the only one i know that has them are my buddy todd demaree, he said at first he didnt care for them at all but once he played with them enough and got them the way he wanted them he likes em

godzilla
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ricksmx865
Most my fellow xc buddies have fox and love them! i cant wait to get a set for myself

As for axis the only one i know that has them are my buddy todd demaree, he said at first he didnt care for them at all but once he played with them enough and got them the way he wanted them he likes em

thats the same for every shock company out there. Once adjusted right, they all work well.

IOWAracer
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the input guys!

450Rchaser
08-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I had Fox Floats on my 400ex. They either had good compression or good rebound. It was like I could never get them setup to have both.

TRX450RACER174
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
I had Fox Floats on my 400ex. They either had good compression or good rebound. It was like I could never get them setup to have both.

I love my Floats and Fox has great customer service and will get you pretty close to your setup and then it's fine tune to preference.

450Rchaser
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I just had the regular floats.

300ex mxracer
08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
i've been told that Fox shocks do not work as well on the hondas as they do on the Suzukis because the hondas have a pretty light front end. this is for mx though, not xc

Off-Road Maniac
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
IM needing any input on Fox racing shocks you guys might have for XC! I was wondering what route to go with them or the new Axis air pro....I talked to a few fellow racers and also Duane Johnson's mechanic now (after he left LTE) and he said he didnt care for the Axis at all and is now running fox just wondering what all you guys might know?

Broc

I have had great luck with the Fox Float Evols and love the weight savings in the front without having to by Titanium springs.

TRX450RACER174
08-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
i've been told that Fox shocks do not work as well on the hondas as they do on the Suzukis because the hondas have a pretty light front end. this is for mx though, not xc

I disagree i feel they work great and the only Honda front end problems is the steering on the 06up bikes, but if you get a upper arm that has caster/camber adj you can tune that problem out.

Pappy
08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
We have been using them all summer, excellent shock IMO. It does take some time to get to fully understand the settings (pressures) and how they relate to how the shock responds(works) but a huge leap forward as I see it.

I think you will see every shock manufacture coming out with an air adjustable shock in the near future