PDA

View Full Version : Removing wrist pin LT80

ScottieGB
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Recently bought a Suzuki lt80 for my son and the oil injector failed and seized the motor. I have the jug in the shop getting re bored. Does the wrist pin have to be pressed out? Is there a specil tool needed? Are there any tricks? I have been reviewing some great information on this site!

Thanks

jetta75
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
After you pull clip get a socket that is the same size as the pin and tap it out. Hold or have someone hold the piston so it doesn't move the rod when you tap it.

ScottieGB
08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the help. I didnt want to start banging on it and mess us the rod.

LT80
08-23-2008, 03:04 PM
No worries. I use a screwdriver and drive em right out. Presuming like the other reply stated and you remove a cir clip.
I sorta hold the piston and driver in one hand and whack it with the other. It'll come out easier than you may think.
Never had a issue in all the years I been doing it. :)

You are removing the black plastic bowtie that drives the oil pump from the end of the crankshaft...right?

tip: put the pin in the new piston and install one cir clip. Then push the pin out and install on the rod. This way only 1 clip can fly into the bottom end accidentaly..HAHAHA
Arrow toward exhaust. :)

ScottieGB
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks.. Yes I removed the drive gear for the oil pump and plugged the holes like you recommended to someone in a previous post. I really appreciate you sharing your expertise just reading the previous posts I have learned so much and realize there is so much more to learn.

Can you tell me if there is an exhaust flange from the cylinder to the ehaust pipe or some type of gasket? There want anything there when I removed the exhaust.

Thanks again

LT80
08-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes, there is supposed to be an exhaust gasket between the pipe and cylinder. :)