PDA

View Full Version : All New Hampshire Riders

Live2Ride300
12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Everyone who rides in NH, where in NH do you ride?

joeroadking
12-07-2002, 06:17 PM
from ma ride in windham on the rockingham trail but sounds like they may be closing it

wfo
12-09-2002, 05:07 AM
im from mass but i ride ,sandown,clough state park,canterbury,sanford maine.

wfo
12-09-2002, 02:12 PM
I just found out canterbury is closed!

and I found out sanford maine (aka quad heaven lol) will be closing soon!
(the maine turnpike is being widened ,and the tree huggers want the sanford pit flooded so the waterfowl have a place to live )

also the town of windham AND NOW PELHAM has banned quads all together!

wow looks like it might be time to sell my quad!? (and I just got it !) :grr

Live2Ride300
12-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by wfo
I just found out canterbury is closed!

and I found out sanford maine (aka quad heaven lol) will be closing soon!
(the maine turnpike is being widened ,and the tree huggers want the sanford pit flooded so the waterfowl have a place to live )

also the town of windham AND NOW PELHAM has banned quads all together!

wow looks like it might be time to sell my quad!? (and I just got it !) :grr

Wow that is really bad, windham and pelham have banned quads? Thats crazy, how could they do this, wtf. Tree huggers suk. Alot of places are being closed now, it really suks. We are running out of riding areas so fast. Ive never been to cantebury, whats it like?

wfo
12-09-2002, 04:01 PM
it was good fairly open trails exc. for quads, nice sandpit etc.

Live2Ride300
12-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Sounds cool. I ride mainly in auburn right now, theres a few good pits and you can get to the powerlines and ride pretty far into hookset, derry, probably alot farther. Im only 16, but when I get my liscense i'll be riding at other places. Im trying to find more places to ride. How is clough state park? Ive heard that place is good.

wfo
12-09-2002, 04:06 PM
clough is the ultimate place for dirbikes ,tight ,rocky ,rooty.I havent been ther yet since i switched to quads ...it should be sweet on a quad but rough

were are these pits in auburn? are they the same p-lines that go through sandown ?

Live2Ride300
12-09-2002, 04:21 PM
They might be, im not really sure, I'll ask my friends. I heard there a nice pit at clough with some nice doubles. Auburn is right oustide of manchester.

12-10-2002, 03:05 PM
i Ridae at my friends housees and along the highway and at the farm I work at nt much trails but enough to keep my umused for a couple of hours a weekend i quess lol when i can ride
killer

rider250ex
12-13-2002, 01:53 PM
i know i am so pissed. everyone is banning quads. i live in dracut ma, they got dirtbikes, pelham got quads, and i think hudson nh is too. i cant find anywhere to ride. all i can ride right now is the powerlines in dracut an pelham but its like a $300 fine if u get caught.

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 08:31 AM
I ride in my driveway, Pelham will bust you, windham will bust you, Dracut will bust you, Methuen will arrest you, Manchester gives tickets, pretty expensive ones :) I upgraded from my recon this spring to a 400 and we lost 10 plus major trail systems since MAy. We only ride in Dunstable MA, Sutton NH and Freemont on the Rockingham due to Windham closing most of the rockingham parking lot. Sucks cause last year we rode everywhere without a problem now because of a few punks destroying property and contractors we lost places that I've been going to for 10 plus years :( It was funny when I got a ticket last month in Manchester. The cops said you should really stick to the state trails, "thats what your registration is for" Thats nice and all but the towns close all the damn parking lots so we cant park our trucks locally either that or we have to treck 4 hours to the tip of Canada to ride. I'm sure less people will pay the $65 to register next year due to NO RIDING areas and NH willl see a Major revinue loss

rider250ex
12-16-2002, 12:05 PM
even thought the cops have dirtbikes and quads they arent really out on them. dracut is only out on sundays in the summer. they put the bikes away in fall. i have been ridin the pits under the powerlines in dracut and the powerlines up into pelham every sunday for the past few months and no one has bothered me except people in cars on the street.plus u have a 400ex u should be able to out run them by a long shot. they only have dr200's.

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 12:51 PM
True but, with my last name being murphy, I'm cursed. I know the trails in Pelham like the back of my hand, but my luck I'd get a flat or something stupid. The places to stay away from in Pelham are the Boy scout lodge, Muldoon park, Town beach and the power lines off Dutton Road and Rt 38. Thats where the bag ya. The pelham cops only Have the Honda Ranchers so they are slower, plus they don't know the trail systems that well especially if they only ride when there is a complaint. My old man was an officer for 20 years in Pelham, so I get some leaway from the older guys, but the newbies suck

Live2Ride300
12-16-2002, 01:21 PM
I think its bs how they double the registration costs, and they give us no trails. My quads registration ran out this summer and I havent gotten it registered yet, its not worth it. Riding is a huge part of my life and it sux now that we are losing all these great places to ride. The fish and game guys around here ride dr250s and kodiaks i think. Its bs how a few idiots go tear up some property then everyone is affected by it. Its people like that who ruin it for everyone, and give quads a bad name. I hate how people who have never ridden or seen a quad say that quads are bad and this and that. If only they knew what its like to ride. If only everyone was responsible and curtious to landowners and got permission to ride, then we wouldnt have these problems.

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Cant agree with you more. When I bought my 1st 3 wheeler (1982 honda 185 Trike) I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I upgraded to a Recon that I had for 3 years and I didn't think it could get any better until I got my 400 this year. I love Riding, my friends and Family love to ride. I don't go out and tear up peoples property, I don't make a mess of the trails. I paid over 5k for my 400 and then reluctantly paid the $65 for registration and we can ride where??? Its like registering your car and the state saying you cant use 293, 93, 495, 128 or Route 3 due to noise complaints. I have a 66 shelby mustang that makes more noise and pollution that 300 quads combined and people love the car even at 6mpg. What would these people in windham allong the trails be saying if the Rails were still up and running? I think a train is a little louder than a quad. I can understand some peoples concerns about noise, but its usually the people that have no respect for people around them. Yeah my stock exhaust SUCKS, but I'm not going to put on a powerbomb and Titanium muffler for 2 more HP if it means I will loose more trails. ATVs have been around since the 70's and people just have to learn to chill out. but there will always be a few bad apples in every bunch ruining the fun for all. "You are judged by the company you keep"

rider250ex
12-16-2002, 01:40 PM
i havent had a problem wit the cops yet and i ride under the powerlines right off of dutton road. my freind lives around there. even if they do come they wont get me. i am to fast on my amazing 250ex.:D

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Last time I was at dutton Road this summer some of my buddies got bagged because the people in the white house called the cops and they sat and waited till they drove through. It sucked because that was the way home. The other way is into Methuen (Brox Pit) where they just through ya in the back of the Cruzza. I like the power lines up off of Bush Hill, but between the neighbors thinking they own that land and the cops its pretty crazy and I don't feel like going up suicide hill over there to get out of getting a ticket. There are some cool trails up in Sutton off rt 89. Some nice bridges up there to jump off into the river after a long day of riding

rider250ex
12-16-2002, 01:58 PM
hey shelby was that white house next to a stream with real big rocks in it??? i was talkin to that guy in the spring. he said to go to the left way around his house along the stone wall. he was buildin a bridge. he just doesnt want anyone in his yard.

rider250ex
12-16-2002, 02:01 PM
hey has anyone rode at alpha off of methuen rd. in dracut or methuen line. i was goin to go out there but i didnt know if it is worth the 10 minute ride down the streets on a 250ex.

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 02:02 PM
The guy with the half sided house? I think so (right hand side if your heading down to Victory) He had all sorts of little gardens so we just hugged the tree line. THe guy in the brown house, never complained I knew the Twins that used to Live there (Jenna and Mylissa Mcmahhon?) That side has some serious sloppy mud.

Live2Ride300
12-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Is there any good riding on the border of mass and nh?

shelbygt350
12-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Not anymore unless you feel lucky. If you get to windham early enough you can park on the state owned side of the Rockingham trail parking lot (Left side by small building). Thats what a Fish and Game officer told me a few weeks ago. you just cant drive accross the street anymore to fill up at the Mobil station like before :(