PDA

View Full Version : i'm stumped dam kodiak

jnhm7
08-21-2008, 08:25 PM
i have a 3 2003 yamaha kodiaks 450 ultramatic and the one is giving me nothing but grief. My problem is that no matter what i do my reverse light stays on? and i gone only do about 10mph in forward just the same as it does in reverse.I have cheack the speed sensorand replaced/i have unpluged everywire i can see individually and all at the same time and it is still on what else could it be?? any help would be great thanks guys

M3D1C
08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I had the same problem with an older trailboss. What I did is disconnect the "limiter". Have u tried holding the "override" button while goin forward? If that lets u go faster than 10 mph...u know it is that. I am not sure what wires it is, but on my Grizzly, under the seat, is the plugs in computer/brain module. I have a jumper wire so that I DO NOT have a limiter at all! I will check and see what 2 wires are jumped and get back to ya. But seriously try riding it holding the yellow override button and then u will know.

jnhm7
08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
well as far as i no there is no overide button that i can see less it is hiding somewhere