PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!!

Hondamaster5505
08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Just recently we bought a 1999 Yamaha Grizzly 600. We scored it for $400. It's all there, and pretty much just needs maintaince and a LOT of cosmetic work.

It's in NC. Pickin it up sometime in september, and making a small vacation out of it.

We plan on fixing it up and using it for plowing our driveway. We also have a wolverine 350. So, it won't just plow. We like to mud with the wolvy, but now we can go mud riding and heavy trails with both 4x4's. I still like sport quads more though:p

So now we have 5 quads:huh We need a bigger garage, haha.

Just one more toy added to the stable, figured Id share with you guys.

When we pick it up, ill get some pictures.

(BTW, normally my mom would bich and complain saying how we don't need any more quads, because she despises the sport. But she's ok with this because she wants to go to NC, haha)

ryansblaster
08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
congrats sounds like a good deal

derekhonda
08-22-2008, 07:21 AM
I'll just state the obvious and say run the vin numbers with a cop first and get a bill of sale. Seems like a great deal, hope its legit for you...but still seems about 1 or 2k underpriced even if it needs ALOT of work.

Quad18star
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I'll just state the obvious and say run the vin numbers with a cop first and get a bill of sale. Seems like a great deal, hope its legit for you...but still seems about 1 or 2k underpriced even if it needs ALOT of work.

I agree .... I'd check it over really good with the cops to make sure it's not stolen. Something about it just sounds fishy to me. You could pull the axles out and sell them for $400 alone.

Hondamaster5505
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM
The guy told us the whole history of it, and gave us a vin.

It was on ebay and he was dissapointed it only went that high. It was in the atv's for parts section.

He thought he would get more, but we were the lucky bidder.

He's the second owner. Bought it from his friend, who didn't really take care of it. It also has 9,000 miles.:eek2:

But thats why we bought it, a mechanics special, when we get it running, we'll find out if it's tired or not, and go from there.

Or backup plan was to part it out worse case scenario. Lots of parts. But we want to restore it for ourselves

631kfx400
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
my moms like that too. shes always like "why couldnt you play like basketball". hahaha but when she tells me that its a hobby and not a sport im about to open a can of