PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help?

FasstMidnightZ
08-20-2008, 10:19 AM
I have two hard drives, one has the os on it and the other is completly clean. My question is how do I make my "blank" hard drive a FAT32 so I can put Music, Pic, Etc. on it?
Right now on my computer its not even recognizing it as another Drive but it shows its there.

Regular_Joe
08-20-2008, 10:31 AM
If you can see it I think you can just right-click on it and choose format.

FasstMidnightZ
08-20-2008, 10:43 AM
No, I have to go to My Computer-Right Click C: drive-Properites-Hardware. That just shows the drive. Doesnt give me any options or anything.
It doesnt actually show up beside C: drive on My Computer screen.

Regular_Joe
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
If the drive is in the PC then it should show up under My Computer. The C drive will be the main hard drive. Then the other hard drive could be anything after that. The letter will be dependent on other CD-ROM drives etc in the computer. If there isn't a new drive letter that you can right click and then format, I'd say the new drive isn't installed correctly. You want to be sure to set the jumper on the new HD to slave since the other one will be the master.

FasstMidnightZ
08-20-2008, 11:05 AM
It's all set up correctly, I've been using it like this but a couple days ago but I had to reinstall my os so I had to erase everything on both drives. I think I just need to make it FAT32 so I'm able to use the drive. I just dont know how. :ermm:
Thanks for the help ;)

FasstMidnightZ
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
When in doubt, Google!
http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard-drive.html

It's formatting. :)

gojk
08-20-2008, 05:07 PM
If you are using XP or Vista, format it as NTFS. There are some limitations on FAT32 that NTFS has overcome.