PDA

View Full Version : 88 250R for sale

troybilt
08-20-2008, 06:57 AM
A friend of a friend has this 250R for sale. He's asking $2500, what do you all think? It is all stock except for a DG silencer, nerf bars and paddles.

troybilt
08-20-2008, 06:58 AM
another pic:

Master LTR450
08-20-2008, 08:51 AM
where r u located?

troybilt
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Manhattan, Ks

The bike is in/around Topeka, Ks. I caught wind of this a year ago or so, and forgot about it. My buddy hit me up yesterday to see if i was still interested. I was interested myself but I'm getting married in a couple months and don't have the float right now for it, if its still around after the first of the year I may look at it again for my wifes bike.

I told him, I'd ask around to see if anyone else was looking for one right now. I have not seen it personally though.

I have his contact information if anyone is interested.

Note, this is for friend of a friend and I don't know the guy selling nor could I vouch for the guy. My friend is a straight shooter. But it probably is best if you can see the bike in person.

He also has a pristine 87 LT250R and average 95 Banshee for sale too.

Sorry for all of the disclaimers...

I'm more just curious what you all think from what you can see, if it is worth the $2500 or not. I'm always sniffing out deals around here for 250r's, and I like to hear other's opinions.

atvmxr
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
IMHO, too much$$. plastic is all thrashed, front bumper looks like its got some home built add-on and is bashed, shifter side of the motor looks well worn with the paint rubbed off, and the rusty spot on the frame above the shifter would all make me think this quad was rode hard and hung up wet. would probably need alot of $$ to get it back in proper shape...

oh and its got a twist throttle

since you asked :D

troybilt
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
IMHO, too much$$. plastic is all thrashed, front bumper looks like its got some home built add-on and is bashed, shifter side of the motor looks well worn with the paint rubbed off, and the rusty spot on the frame above the shifter would all make me think this quad was rode hard and hung up wet. would probably need alot of $$ to get it back in proper shape...

oh and its got a twist throttle

since you asked :D

I can't argue with that. I was hoping it was in a little better shape myself, I'm not worried about the plastic much, more the mechanical components and frame, as far as, cracks etc... hard to tell from pictures on those.