PDA

View Full Version : gussett kit help

ryan2121
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok I cracked my frame last weekend so im ready to gussett and powder. But im not sure which gussett kit to go with. A friend of mine has a bare and I thought it was really good but after researching ive noticed most kits have twice the number of gussetts. Are all of these necessary. The Teixeira Tech kit comes with 38. Does anyone know which really is the best kit to go with?

08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
i have run the walsh one 2 years in a row on about 4 differnt bikes and they all held up but i have rath ones now i still have to weld in but their kit looks good and the rath ones are cheap too

blacknblue#2
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I AM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU Ryan.............you guys all said i had to buy a bare cause of the way it has BARE engraved in it.........now your finding better stuff. Ill remember this when we are workin on mine again cause we both know the way i ride i will figure out a way to junk a frame with a bare kit hahahah

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I would definatly look for kits with around 40 gussets or so. i know it may sound a little like overkill but its definatly worth it in the long run. When i new frame is 600 to 800 dollars its nice to put a little extra help in there to make it last a little longer

08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
You dont want to make your frame to rigid though than you are going to run into more problems that you have now. I would think a company like Walsh, lonestar, rath and JB know what they are talking about so i would use one of their kits. Im not saying that BARE doesnt know what they are doing but alot of top pro's use the ones i listed in their bikes.

08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
how much do the gusset kits weigh?