PDA

View Full Version : how do i drain my radiator and how often

kawi
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I heard thati should drain my raditors fliuds often but not really sure how also what type of fluid would you recommend thanks.

631kfx400
08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
engine ice

kawi
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
cool man thanks

bellzbub
09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
first, get a service manual it will walk you through the process.
second, engine ice cannot just be put in and replaced. the system needs to be flushed with water and completly drained. it is not supposed to be used with other coolants.(mixxed) get the product and read the label.

Drewltr450
09-01-2008, 09:32 PM
its pretty simple. go to your local pharmacy and get about 3 gallons of distilled water. there are 2 radiator hoses/ focus on the bottom one. the hose is connected to the radiator and to the engine. were it is connected to the engine there is a little 8mm drain bolt. with a bucket underneath remove that bolt. THEN! remove the radiator filler cap located on the top of the radiator it just twists off when you twist the cap off be ready to catch the draining fluid or it will go everywhere. it comes out of the drain hole very fast and shoots out very far. After all the fluid is drained out place the drain bolt back. and fill the whole system up with the distilled water you purchased. then turn the quad on and run it for a couple minutes and let the water run through the system. then drain the water out keep doing this until all of the old coolant is out of the system. then fill it up with engine ice and your done