PDA

View Full Version : No Brakes!!!

TRX_450
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
ok so i recently put on some +2 a-arms and so i had to buy some extended brakelines. i got some galfer +2's and put them on today, but i have no brakes what so ever. i did all the pumped and have fluid come out of the bleeder valve when i hold the lever in, but still have no tension at all on my lever. whats going on?

CJM
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
You sure your pumping right? Have the bleeder closed and pump the brakes, then release the bleeder? Do it like 5x each side.

Honda#4
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Crack open the bolt right off of the Master cylinder thats were my trouble was when I was bleeding mine, somehow the fluid gets vaporlocked from the cylinder and cant work its way down the line.

quad2xtreme
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
if you can pump fluid out with the bleeder open but you still don't have pressure when it is closed then you still have plenty of air in the lines. Keep adding fluid and pumping out the bleeder. I usually end up filling the cylinder 3 to 4 times before I finally get full pressure.

If this doesn't work and the advice right above this one, then crack the line at the bottom before it goes into the caliper. I assume you did torque all the brake lines down properly.

quad2xtreme
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
if you can pump fluid out with the bleeder open but you still don't have pressure when it is closed then you still have plenty of air in the lines. Keep adding fluid and pumping out the bleeder. I usually end up filling the cylinder 3 to 4 times before I finally get full pressure.

If this doesn't work and the advice right above this one, then crack the line at the bottom before it goes into the caliper. I assume you did torque all the brake lines down properly.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about. :D

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about. :D lmao he's right!

dustin_j
08-20-2008, 08:11 AM
I had trouble bleeding mine as well. The easiest way to bleed them is to take off your reservoir cap and use a zip tie to hold the brake lever "on". You might also want to rotate your caliper so the line points up, and make sure your reservoir is the highest point. Then loosely place the lid back on the reservoir without using the rubber piece. Leave overnight. Since the air bubbles are lighter than the fluid, they will rise to the top. Good luck.

86 Quad R
08-20-2008, 01:42 PM
a little tip that should take the hassel out of brake bleeding involves using a nipple from a gear oil bottle that screws onto the brake fluid bottle and a clear hose.

loosen both bleeders and attach the open end of the hose to the bleeder thar is the furtest from the master cylinder, forcing fluid to the opposite bleeder. once fluid reaches the other side, close it. now open the banjo bolt at the master cylinder and repeat the process. once you get fluid to the master cylinder, you can bleed the brakes as normal.

this method works very well and takes less than 10 mins to do a fresh dry system.