PDA

View Full Version : kind of different exhaust question

hotrodbelair
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
in my ice racing series that i run every year we have a 98db sound level we half to make cause we run on lakes surrouned by houses that complain about noise alot.
i currently run a rossier with the disc endcap wich works good to keep the sound down and most important keep my power. but the problem is with running the disc on a built motor like mine its so hard on the can if i run it long enough it will blow the core right out of the cannister.
this year im lookin for a different exhaust thats open endcap thats quiet or can be quiet down with a quiet core without losing all my power. one guy that runs in my pro class some how ran a white brothers xcr silencer but with a aftermarket header i always wondered how he did it but never asked him but he was able to run open endcap no quiet core and still be under 98 and had power to boot. thanks for any input

pro-rider46
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
chad should be able to help you with that a lot.

if i was in your situation, i would be looking at the dasa's. they have a pretty quiet system.

http://dasaracing.com/sitepages/DasaRacingHondaATVnew.html

08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
you need to call sparks or Dasa to see if they can sell you one of their quiet pipes HMF also sells one that is and open end pipe that harold goodman runds you can try them too

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Leo Vince also has an open type endcap and they are built to be at or below the 98db level. they are also made out of full titanium and are super light. If you interested ive even got a brand new one for sale. they are 865 from the factory but id sell this one for 450 plus shipping... nothing wrong with it... just have an extra one and would like to get rid of it since its no use to me....

patrickj75
08-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Brandon,
The White Bros. Aluminum Pro II are great pipes for your 450R. They'll pass at 98 or better with the race end cap. I have the FMF Factory 4.1 on my KTM which is also really quiet.

Patrick

Crusty450er
08-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by IrideMHSC
Leo Vince also has an open type endcap and they are built to be at or below the 98db level. they are also made out of full titanium and are super light. If you interested ive even got a brand new one for sale. they are 865 from the factory but id sell this one for 450 plus shipping... nothing wrong with it... just have an extra one and would like to get rid of it since its no use to me....

i just got my Leo Vince about a month ago, its a full system and wow what power it gave me for how quiet it is! it came with four end cap inserts" not enclosed inserts" and a spark arrestor. the can has a chamber in the center of it where the exhaust flows through and you can adjust your exhaust with the four different inserts to have over 10 different variations to tune it to your liking. if IrideMHSC is selling his for 450$ its worth every penny! i paid 750$ for mine and i love it. and this exhaust will pass every sound regulation they want you to abide by.
i tried white brothers carbon pro2, hmf, fmf, and Nmotion, and they dont come close to what the Leo Vince has. this is my opinion only threw my own personnel experience.

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Yea this one is brandnew... only out of the box to make sure it was all there... got it for cheap and lookin to sell it cheap

hotrodbelair
08-25-2008, 06:43 AM
thanks for all your input guys helps me out alot i wanted to go with hmf thats what i had on my old ex i raced but had issues with the quiet cores blowing out. im liking how that leo vince sounds. I pmed you about that exhaust.

IrideMHSC
08-25-2008, 06:54 AM
pm'd you back