PDA

View Full Version : Brookes TRX 114 Build

jcp
08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Here are some pics and info on building a TRX 90. This is Brookes first year racing, so it will not be a national level bike, but wanting something to compete with all the two stroke bikes at the local tracks. They are covered with Apex and DRR quads!

This build will consist of a plus 12" front end, plus 2" swingarm, and will probably use Fox Floater shocks. Will find out tomorrow. I'm using a combination of 400 ex and 300 ex parts for the spindles and brakes and ordered a LRD exhaust system. Should be able to handle better and hopefully keep up with the front of the pack. We'll see.

jcp
08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Here is the frame with a fresh coat of House of Kolors paint to brighten it up.

jcp
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
More pics

jcp
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
More pics. Starting to come together. Just waiting on the UPS man to bring the rest of the parts.

drichter4
08-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I will be curious to see how it turns out since I am in about the same position right now. We plan to do some suspension work and get that ready. Then during the cold days of winter we will strip it down for painting.

Do you plan to have any motor work done yet?

Dave Richter

etondaddy
08-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Cool frame color....... we just built ours if you need anything let me know maybe I can help....

Mike Kozura

COLTBNME
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Trust me from expierence, the electric start puts a lot of drag on the motor.

Thanks,
Proud Mom of Colton Kellum #484

etondaddy
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Send the motor to Charlie McVay.......;) and get a kick starter....

Mike Kozura

COLTBNME
08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
When are you goiong to change your name to HONDADADDY?
You should consider letting Kyle run some of our winter series with Colton.

Thanks

etondaddy
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by COLTBNME
When are you goiong to change your name to HONDADADDY?
You should consider letting Kyle run some of our winter series with Colton.

Thanks
I've been thinking about it......:chinese:

God knows he could use the set time.... chasing Colton around will only make him better.....

Mike Kozura

jcp
08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by drichter4
I will be curious to see how it turns out since I am in about the same position right now. We plan to do some suspension work and get that ready. Then during the cold days of winter we will strip it down for painting.

Do you plan to have any motor work done yet?

Dave Richter

I ordered a 114 kit from Hardcore 50's and installed myself. If your looking for a good kit thats easy to assemble, you cant go wrong with them. Adam has been a big help getting the right parts and with install instuctions. It came with everything.
Thats all I am planning with the motor aside from some exhaust and a new CDI.
This is her first year racing and she really wasnt maxing it out in stock form, so I'll wait and see how she does with this.

jcp
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Cool frame color....... we just built ours if you need anything let me know maybe I can help....

Mike Kozura

Thanks Mike. I've been watching your build for a awhile and decided it was time to step ours up. Obviously not to the same level, but definatley needed a makeover.

I could use some shox if you have any laying around. I was suppose to call Fox today, but got tied up.

jcp
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Trust me from expierence, the electric start puts a lot of drag on the motor.

Thanks,

Thats a little discouraging as I really like simplicity of the electric start. I doubt it will hurt very much in our class, but will keep in mind. Looks like your a little more serious than we are. I have been hearing about how good Colton is and never been at the same track.

etondaddy
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by jcp
Thanks Mike. I've been watching your build for a awhile and decided it was time to step ours up. Obviously not to the same level, but definatley needed a makeover.

I could use some shox if you have any laying around. I was suppose to call Fox today, but got tied up.
Talk to Mark at Fox.....tell him I told you to call.....I meet mark at the Indy show last year he's cool.

Mike Kozura

COLTBNME
08-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Do you all race district 13 or district 7?
We will be racing at Elizabeth City this weekend in a D13 race.

Thanks,

etondaddy
08-22-2008, 09:14 AM
We race D5 and PAMX we hve somewhere to race every Sunday untill the end of Oct. They added youth quads to the Sunday amature races the end of this month at Steel City.

http://www.racerproductions.com/scn.htm

http://gopamx.com/

http://www.amadistrict5.com/

Kyle's remaining 08' schedule
Aug. 24th Latrobe Speedway
Aug. 31st Steel City
Sep. 7th Mapleshade
Sep 14th Roaring Knob
Sep. 21st Steel City
Sep. 28th P.V.R
Oct. 5th High Point
Oct. 12th Sleepy Hollow
Oct. 19th Steel City
Oct 26th R&D Raceway

Mike Kozura

bnesbitt2
08-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Did you get your intake problem taken care of?

etondaddy
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Give Charlie McVay a call he can point you in the right direction on the intake/carb thing. There's a link to his web page on Kyle's sponsor page give him a call. www.kylekozura.com

Mike Kozura

COLTBNME
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
check your pm:)

COLTBNME
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
This is Colton at Millers in 2006 his first year ever racing motocross. He actually got a second place championship on a stock TRX, and yes he was the only four stroke in the class.

COLTBNME
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
First race at Millers 2006

lkrislong
12-04-2008, 11:04 PM
im starting the same build for my daughter with a 04 frame im also in va chester just south of richmond and d13 quads run on sat. bikes run on sun.

jcp
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, Just about finished with this project and should be just in time for opening day this weekend. I am a bit of a procrastonator, so it pretty much sat all winter.

I ended up staying with the electric start bottom end as it is much easier for her to start this way.

I found a deal on a set of new take off cobra Fox Podium shocks that I installed all the way around. I had to make a few mods to fit the 15.5" shocks, but they have awesome travel. I figure if you want to be able to run with a cobra, you better build it like one. LOL!

I decided to go ahead and gusset the frame as I needed to weld the rear caliper mounts, which meant I needed to repaint it. I guess the first time was good for practice. I stayed with the same House of Kolor Hot Pink but added some sparkles to the clear. I then sent of most of the accessories to be powdercoated in black.

Here is some pics

jcp
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
RS

jcp
04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I would like to thank Robb at Robbs Racing for helping with the hard to find parts and Ernie at FTR Powersports for making a set of killer graphics.

COLTBNME
04-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Just a heads up, Virginia sports park has cancelled all races this year due to no financing. Maybe you could meet up with us at Birch Creek this weekend. Love to have another Honda racing.

Thanks,
Proud Mom of Colton Kellum#484
2007 Hetrick TRX125

ROBBSRACING
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Your welcome.

Nice job. It looks hot !

jcp
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Just a heads up, Virginia sports park has cancelled all races this year due to no financing. Maybe you could meet up with us at Birch Creek this weekend. Love to have another Honda racing.

Thanks,
Proud Mom of Colton Kellum#484
2007 Hetrick TRX125

Wow! That blows. I had pretty much planned our season around that track. I see that Birchcreek is running Dirtbikes and ATV's, so we'll probably see you there.

honda215
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Got any contact info for this Mcvay guy??

etondaddy
04-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by honda215
Got any contact info for this Mcvay guy??
Go to Kyle's web page www.kylekozura.com and go to sponsors and click on McVay Racing........tell Charlie Mike Kozura sent yea.

Mike Kozura

snobmxman101
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by jcp
I would like to thank Robb at Robbs Racing for helping with the hard to find parts and Ernie at FTR Powersports for making a set of killer graphics.

dude that trx 114 kicks asss bro!
and what arms and swing arms did you use?

jcp
05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by snobmxman101
dude that trx 114 kicks asss bro!
and what arms and swing arms did you use?

Thanks. Long story on the control and swing arms.

Check with Robb at Robbs racing as he set me up with the right parts to make them work.