PDA

View Full Version : Being a pro racer??

400exBro
08-01-2001, 08:25 PM
I was wondering what you need to become a pro racer( Tim Farr, Traivs, Greg etc..) or machinic at the pro level???
Thanks
400exBro

EX_RIDER
08-01-2001, 09:21 PM
RIDE ALL YOU CAN AND SEND IN REZAMAYS TO SHOPS TO SPONCER YOU.TELL THEM WHAT PLACES YOU GOT WHEN YOU RACED AND WHAT YOU RACE.It takes years to get good.

08-02-2001, 10:32 AM
Well if you've not read the bio's on pro's most have been racing for many many years,,some over 12 years racing and 8 years racing pro...they also were born on quads or trikes....the conditioning it would take to run in a pro class would take you a good year or more just to get in the ballpark of what it would take to rip around a track like they do..to really be selected to go pro you would need to run the nationals for a few years and finish in a top 3 spot preferably in a A class weather it's 250 open, pro am, or what ever,,,,beleive me these guys are Pros because they are the best,,,have ya ever seen a national ATV race??? they run for 20 minutes on a huge track wide open,,,I'd last about 10 minutes and have to pull over not to die on the track or get run over,,,Getting full sponsorships like they do also requires you to attend every national race plus all the other races during the off season,,and a ton of othe commitments..A mechanic I don't know what to do there,,,most of them have there Dads as machanics..

400exBro
08-02-2001, 12:15 PM
thanks for the replys guys!!:)
Hey Rico the type of racing you do is it just for fun or is a job(you get payed to do it)???
Also how old do you have to be to start racing in the AMA??
Thanks
400exBro :cool:

08-02-2001, 02:46 PM
Well if your not 16 then I don't think you can race at an AMA sanctioned race on a 400ex,,,,I think :confused:

As for me racin,, it's just for fun, braggin rights, and a cool trophy or plaque.. I don't make a dime off of it but I do spend a bunch of dimes on racin...They do run a money class at the track I race at but it's a no holds barred,,wide open class with a bunch of very fast riders,,on highly modified bikes,,,Jeremiah Jones normally runs it when he's in town and nobody even gets close when he's racin,,,normally he's at his truck before the guy in 2nd comes across the finish line..I think my bike could handle it but my poor old body has been abused over the years and I just can't hang with them guys,,,I like being able to sit down on part of the track while racin,,,if you wanna win money you gotta stand up the whole time and never let off the gas,,,not for an old outa shape fart like me,,,I'll stick with the easier races and the beer drinken..:D

400exBro
08-02-2001, 02:53 PM
thanks Man
I start to think what i am going to do when i get older, i want to race or do sumthing with four wheelers, maybe even become a test rider or sumthing.
thanks for your help :) :) :)

kabd69667
08-04-2001, 06:56 AM
Around here all you have to have is your parents signiture to race. I raced this year and i'm only 14, then i messed up my knee and have to sit out the rest of the year

400exBro
08-04-2001, 09:36 AM
Ya i can race like that around here too but i was talking about as be a pro like tim farr and all them, joining the AMA and stuff??

400exRacerX
08-04-2001, 10:10 PM
you need to be 16 years of age and have your birth certicate present when registering at a race for your ama card.

skemp
08-07-2001, 10:39 PM
It is going to take time- alot of it, money- a lot of it, and dedication- an endless supply. Then you will have to work on getting good from there.
I think I will just ride for fun..

08-11-2001, 07:50 PM
practice pratice

plus those pro racer's parents ussually have twins, the racer and there 250r

09-03-2001, 08:33 PM
pro's are awsome...even bike pro's..awsoem they train all year round..and have been ridin scince they were like 4 or something....when i raced bike i ahd a major disadvantage b/s i didn't start ridin till i was like 8...that sucks man there are some kids that are racing at local tracks and are 4 years old thats nutz..and as somebody else sad about you have to have alotta-
$$$$, practice, and an endless suppl of dedication,and love for the sport...it also helps if your in shape

lata