PDA

View Full Version : Booked a trip to Cedar Point!!!

Benjithx
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I just booked my girl and I a trip to Sandusky OH to hit up Cedar Point. I am pretty amped.

Who has gone and what did you think?

Were the lines bad? What rides should we hit right away?

Thanks

WhiteZrider
08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I was there like a month back, but on a weekend so it was pretty ridiculous, the one ride had a line that was over a 2 hour wait, but other than that, all the big rides are pretty intense.

ohioEX
08-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Hit the Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, and Millenium Force. They are the 3 best in the park and are all different. Try for the front seat in all of them. The view from the Millenium Force is amazing on a clear day and it fast as hell. The Maverick is the newest caoster in the park, the first hill goes back in after it drops you in. The top thrill dragster is just fun. It isn't long at all, but it accelerates hard and makes me smile. I live about and 1 1/2 hrs away, so I've been up there more than a few times.

Warnerade
08-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I used to go about every weekend...or whenever me and some buddies felt like going.

My advice, go in the middle of the week and the liens are about 1/4 as long. Granted..not everyone can do that, so if you go on a weekend..plan on an hour wait atleast for all the big rides...

dont forget the raptor, thats a fun oldie.

Also hit the 2 swing rides up, one is called the max air...lipke a big tire swing...its pretty fun. Theres one more but I cant think of the name...its a giant swing that goes about 70 mph and goes past horizontal on the way up..pretty fun, line goes fast too.

If you feel like spending the money, go for the sky shot....its 44 bucks for 2 people, but its also a giant swing...your strapped in a harness and you free fall for a bit...

bens250ex
08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
i went back in june awesome place ride all the rides. max air is pretty sweet, all there stuff is sweet so have fun

Doober
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
hey, i live like 20 mins from cedar point, rides i recommend the most is the magnum, millenium force, the maverick, and the raptor. The lines for magnum and raptor shouldn't be as bad as the other two.

CRich[814]
08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
topthrill dragster. handsdown.

lil_watz_ex
08-20-2008, 08:49 AM
When you get to the park start in the back and work your way forward. Everyone rushes to the raptor because it is the first thing you come to, then they work backwords. Do the opposite and the lines wont be as long at first.

mx825
08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
yesterday was my 17th time going this summer. cedar point is an awesome place with some great coaters. Maverick has to be my favoite but the line is usually more than an hour. Try to look at lines when you're high up on a coaster and hit up the smaller ones. I litterally waited four minutes to get on the raptor yesterday. ohhh, and HAVE FUN!

mx825
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by lil_watz_ex
When you get to the park start in the back and work your way forward. Everyone rushes to the raptor because it is the first thing you come to, then they work backwords. Do the opposite and the lines wont be as long at first.

that's a good trick :)
if you come in to the park (depending on the time) you'll probably see a billion cars and be pissed that you have to walk that far. If you follow the 'main' road for a while there's a nice little hidden lot and it'll put you right by the go-carts and the magnum

54warrior
08-21-2008, 05:18 AM
I was there a few years ago...the weekends definitely suck, lines are waaaayy too long.

Benjithx
08-21-2008, 11:22 AM
We will be there a Friday night and a Saturday.

Will the lines be bad on Fri night as well?

08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
some lines are bad others aren't
w/e u do tho try 2 ride every coaster at least once b/c i missed 2 when i was their and it drove me nuts