PDA

View Full Version : warranty issue

400lag
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
so i just bought a 07 450er last month and this weekend i was riding at silverlake, when i look down and see that my shifter is loose. I figure that its just come loose at the shaft, but to my surprise the whole thing is loose and the boss that comes out of the case is broke off and just swinging free on the shaft. So yesterday I take it to honda and they say i must of landed on it and that its my fault so in essence no warranty here, but they say wait till the district manager comes in and we will see from there . So now my month old atv with about 2-3 hours on it is sitting at the dealership. Oh and I called American Honda and told them about the situation and they said theyd put a case worker or whatever on it. so what im wondering is has anyone ever heard of this and if so what happened.:confused: :mad:

08-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Good luck my experience with Honda and warranties are they don't cover squat. Especially if the dealer already gave you that bull.

stumpleg
08-20-2008, 06:52 AM
I doubt it will be covered, but who knows. They probably would if you just unloaded it after picking it up.

Crusty450er
08-22-2008, 01:39 AM
ya i paid an extra 800$ for a four year warranty for my 06. they really "HOOKED AND SINKERED ME" THEN TELLIN THERE FRIENDS WE GOT ANOTHER SUCKER!! Ya they wont do squat. hell they were trying to give me a run around on the recall of the 06 ball joints that i had the paper work/Recall slip in my hand. saying "Oh we dont know nothing about that. who sent you that?" i said HONDA mo fo. ya it got me no where until i had to make some calls. and just a month before i got the recall my top right ball joint on my a arm came off and it was cheaper to buy a take off set than to buy just one a arm with a new ball joint. then i get a whole another set from the recall. now i got two sets sitting on my shelf. HONDA= great machine with few glitches. HONDA DEALERSHIP= REALLY DONT CARE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS, ONLY OUT FOR THEMSELVES. example; 14.50$ for an oil filter!?? come on. my opinion only

08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Crusty450er
ya i paid an extra 800$ for a four year warranty for my 06. they really "HOOKED AND SINKERED ME" THEN TELLIN THERE FRIENDS WE GOT ANOTHER SUCKER!! Ya they wont do squat. hell they were trying to give me a run around on the recall of the 06 ball joints that i had the paper work/Recall slip in my hand. saying "Oh we dont know nothing about that. who sent you that?" i said HONDA mo fo. ya it got me no where until i had to make some calls. and just a month before i got the recall my top right ball joint on my a arm came off and it was cheaper to buy a take off set than to buy just one a arm with a new ball joint. then i get a whole another set from the recall. now i got two sets sitting on my shelf. HONDA= great machine with few glitches. HONDA DEALERSHIP= REALLY DONT CARE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS, ONLY OUT FOR THEMSELVES. example; 14.50$ for an oil filter!?? come on. my opinion only

You can cancel the warranty and they will prorate it and send you back some of the money.

stumpleg
08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
You can cancel the warranty and they will prorate it and send you back some of the money.

This is what I did. Problem was, the mechanic, who is a close friend of mine, used my vin for a warrentied piece on his bike, so I didnt get as much back as I should have. Good thing we are friends, lol.

TWISTED
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
The warranty is ONLY as good as the dealer..........

Crusty450er
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
are you serious? i will have just a little over a year left of the warranty . who do i call and talk to? i know to call the dealership i got it from. or do i call honda corp. direct? well the dealership i got mine from said my warranty is good at any honda dealership and the two closest dealerships to me said i had to go to the dealer i bought it from. they are just passin the buck/me around. the only reason i bought my 06 450er so far away/200miles was noone had a 06 yet and this was the only one that had one and gave me a kick butt deal 6300$ out the door w/ 4year warranty. all the other dealers said 7400$ plus fees and i had to place an order. maybe thats why they didnt want to help me out?:confused: but anyways let me know about the calling questions.WARRANTY WILL BE TERMINATED!!!!!:devil:

Crusty450er
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
are you serious? i will have just a little over a year left of the warranty . who do i call and talk to? i know to call the dealership i got it from. or do i call honda corp. direct? well the dealership i got mine from said my warranty is good at any honda dealership and the two closest dealerships to me said i had to go to the dealer i bought it from. they are just passin the buck/me around. the only reason i bought my 06 450er so far away/200miles was noone had a 06 yet and this was the only one that had one and gave me a kick butt deal 6300$ out the door w/ 4year warranty. all the other dealers said 7400$ plus fees and i had to place an order. maybe thats why they didnt want to help me out?:confused: but anyways let me know about the calling questions.WARRANTY WILL BE TERMINATED!!!!! :devil:

08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
call Honda

1-866-784-1870