PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha XS400 streetbike engine

Hondamaster5505
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Yamaha XS400 streetbike motor. Twin cylinder air-cooled. Kickstart. Manual trans shifts through all the gears. Would make a cool hybrid motor if your's is blown or something. Like for a blaster/warrior.

Feels like it has good compression, but won't start because it isnt getting spark. May be an easy fix.

Also comes with carbs. Carbs are pretty well gummed up and tarnished. May or may not clean up with some carb soak.

Make a reasonable offer. Would prefer local pickup, and will help meet half way if needed. We can put it on a pallet and ship it, but will be pretty costly.

wheel_spacers
08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
hey im interested. can you snap me some pictures? also what price are you looking to get..

im close so it shouldn't be a problem getting it

thanks

Hondamaster5505
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by wheel_spacers
hey im interested. can you snap me some pictures? also what price are you looking to get..

im close so it shouldn't be a problem getting it

thanks

Ill try to snap a pic tomorow. Engine is still in bike, so have to take it out soon. We have the whole bike here.

I don't want a fortune for it. Maybe $100 for the engine with carbs? I'll also throw in the exhaust thats on the bike for free if you want it.

Hondamaster5505
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
got some pics, ill send em to ya tonight.

Forgot to mention, bike only had 13,000 miles on it. The guy we got the bike from said it stopped getting spark because of the points. So, it would probably need new points. Feels like it has good compression.

We have pretty much the whole thing here, and if you wanted the whole bike to scravage stuff off of, $150 and you can take the whole thing. Or maybe like $100 for just the engine.

after i send the pics tonight, let me know