PDA

View Full Version : shuts off and won't start

POLKY
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
i've had this problem serveral times. i'll ride for about a hour then it just shuts off and wont start. seems like it has no gas but it does. boot is on carb and nothing loose. i let it set for about 2 minutes starts up and doesn't do it again. does any one have this problem. i do have several normal mods (in my sig). any clues will help.

kellymi
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Will it crank after it shuts off? One of the easiest things to check is to see if your vent for you gas tank is plugged. After it dies slowly take your gas cap off and listen for air being sucked into the tank.

airmobile101
08-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kellymi
Will it crank after it shuts off? One of the easiest things to check is to see if your vent for you gas tank is plugged. After it dies slowly take your gas cap off and listen for air being sucked into the tank.
Yea, also it wouldn't hurt to install a clear inline filter.That way, you only have to glance at it to see if its getting fuel.

631kfx400
08-20-2008, 08:47 AM
happend to me once but it wouldnt run for an hour. it would run for about 20 minutes then it would bog down. found out it was just the spark plug not pushed in enough:bandit: