PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound legit.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok guys check this out.I have my quad posted on craigslist I get this email:"Hello,

I will like to purcahse your item listed on craigslist and i will like you to answer some questions before we move futher on this transaction....

1... Did you still have this item available for sale???
2... What is the condition of the item???
3... What is the final asking price of the item???
4... Can u send me some pics of the item if you dont mind???
5... Will you accept a Cashier check drawn on US bank as a mode of payment???
6... Will you allow my shipping company company to come and move the item from your place donw to where the item is needed cos the shipping company fee will be added to the payment that will be sent to you???
7... Will you be able wire the execss funds on the check to the shipping company once the check as be verify ????

If this is clear Kindly get back to me with your full name and address where you want the payment to be addressed to and your phone number asap...

Thanks and reply expected"

I reply and the person says this:"Thanks for the mail,i will want you to give me your fullname and address for the issued of the payment okay,becouse the item is very urgently needed by my client ok,is that the final asking price am okay with it okay....Get back asao" This person can not even spell, what do you guys think?

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
It's kind of weird because I have listed my phone number and pics of the quad on craigslist.I'm now trying to get this person to call me but he wants my address and full name. wtf is this person funking with me or what? I guess I'll find out soon when he, she writes back.

Kickstarts-suck
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
not legit

I got one too when I was selling stuff on craigslist.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
what is it then? a scam or something?

extremeblastr
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
there are a LOT of scammers on craigslist right now so guard your stuff carefully

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
not legit

I got one too when I was selling stuff on craigslist. was it along the same lines of what was written to me?

gcart2
08-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
Ok guys check this out.I have my quad posted on craigslist I get this email:"Hello,

I will like to purcahse your item listed on craigslist and i will like you to answer some questions before we move futher on this transaction....

1... Did you still have this item available for sale???
2... What is the condition of the item???
3... What is the final asking price of the item???
4... Can u send me some pics of the item if you dont mind???
5... Will you accept a Cashier check drawn on US bank as a mode of payment???
6... Will you allow my shipping company company to come and move the item from your place donw to where the item is needed cos the shipping company fee will be added to the payment that will be sent to you???
7... Will you be able wire the execss funds on the check to the shipping company once the check as be verify ????

If this is clear Kindly get back to me with your full name and address where you want the payment to be addressed to and your phone number asap...

Thanks and reply expected"

I reply and the person says this:"Thanks for the mail,i will want you to give me your fullname and address for the issued of the payment okay,becouse the item is very urgently needed by my client ok,is that the final asking price am okay with it okay....Get back asao" This person can not even spell, what do you guys think?

to answer your question... no. sounds like a scam.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
kinda sounds like they want to get my address so they can come and steal it lol. but I don't think my Remington 870 will allow that to happen.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
to answer your question... no. sounds like a scam. I thought so to but I will keep you guys posted, damn i really need the money to I've been without a job now for 2 months:(

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
why do people have to be dirtbags and try to scam others.

tim colston
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Dude don't set yourself up to fail. it is 100% a SCAM. Don't respond.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
Dude don't set yourself up to fail. it is 100% a SCAM. Don't respond. Thats why I want this person to call me, maybe they are a dealer maybe not.

tim colston
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
do wat you want They aren't a dealer.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Would everyone like to send this dirtbag some junk mail and such to their email address lol?

gcart2
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Thats why I want this person to call me, maybe they are a dealer maybe not.

dont screw yourself.. its not a dealer. :ermm:

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
how do you figure ill screw myself by having this person call me?

tim colston
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't want a scammer to know my phone number for 1. Your just opening yourself up for nothing. Getting to cuss at someone on the phone isn't worth my time. Just let it go.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Man you guys answered my question like it were a piece of meat thrown into a school of perona fish lol thanks for your quick responces.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't want a scammer to know my phone number for 1. Your just opening yourself up for nothing. Getting to cuss at someone on the phone isn't worth my time. Just let it go. well seeing how I left my number on craigslist its to late.

tim colston
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Man you guys answered my question like it were a piece of meat thrown into a school of perona fish lol thanks for your quick responces.

We just don't want to see anything bad happen or anything good happen to those worthless scamm*******theives.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 02:00 PM
We just don't want to see anything bad happen or anything good happen to those worthless scamm*******theives. Thanks, will you buy my quad now lmao...

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for all your responses guys, although the quad remains unsold:(

monte433
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Just tell him to send the check to his shipper and have the shipper bring cash to pay for your quad, you will never here from him again.

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
All I want is to sell my quad even though I really don't want to.

08-19-2008, 02:16 PM
craigslist is a funny place. I say its a scam and when you are selling your quad I wouldnt give out your address or anything, just a phone number so they can call you and you can meet them in a parking lot or something. When people know where you live and what you have and where the doors/windows w/e are you hav a better chance at having it stolen. Just throwing it out there because down here ATV's are stolen quite often

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I will be sleeping in the shed for the next week or so with shotty lol.

Warnerade
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Dude don't set yourself up to fail. it is 100% a SCAM. Don't respond. bingo

REDRIDDER
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
yeah were onto this son of a ***** now.

250x_kyle
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
up in this area atleast at my hosue if they get my quad outta my garage with out me waken up and putting a 30 round ar15 clip into them they deserve it.

klutch
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I got a very similar email. Its a scam.

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
i hate when people list stuff on craigslist for a rediculously low price, then you email them and they have your email. the items not actually for sale, then they just send you junk mail from like 10 different email accounts:rolleyes: get a real job

extremeblastr
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
ok now guys lets not beat the subject to death here

Quad18star
08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Not hard to figure out it's a scam.

As soon as they ask you to wire them back the remainder of the money , you should know right there it's not legit.

Who in their right mind sends someone MORE money than they should , only to have trust in someone that they will send you back the excess.

Wills77
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
this happened to my brother a few years ago. he was selling a silverado with a caddy front end, air ride, all done up... but anyways it was like 10,000 and the guy said he would send 14,000 western union then take out what he needed to pay shipping then send the extra back. so my brother went for it but luckily he was at the beach when the 14,000 was transfered and they wouldnt let him take it out from that bank then when he got home the bank showed the money transaction bouncing or something like that. so he didnt lose any money or anything but it was close. and most scammers use western union

Rich250RRacer
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
These scammers were doing this to people selling vehicles on Ebay, now they've moved on to Craigslist. Do people on here have extremely short memories? It's been talked about countless times.

400exrider707
08-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
These scammers were doing this to people selling vehicles on Ebay, now they've moved on to Craigslist. Do people on here have extremely short memories? It's been talked about countless times.

They do it right out of our local want-ad too. I've gotten so many of these emails in the past years I dont want to even think about it. I eventually stopped even sending them nasty emails in return because I just couldn't keep up with it.

Two words to save anyone from this nonsense:

CASH ONLY

Crazy lil punk
08-20-2008, 06:38 AM
I get about 3 of those emails a week...

More or less, after you fill out all the info, if they don't try to scam you out of your money, they will use all the info to steal your identiy (sp?).

REDRIDDER
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM
thanks for all the info guys, I think this person has moved on to find someone else.beware!

krt400ex
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM
def a scam. dont buy it. wut they will do is send you more than you asked for and then ask you for the change. you send them the amount for the change and then their check bounces...which means that you just lost big time.

dont ever accept a cashiers check. if they bounce, there is no way to recover the money.

reptikes
08-20-2008, 11:48 PM
I sold my quad a couple weks ago, and some one sent me almost the exact same email. I knew it was a scam as soon as a read it. Once I told them i only deal with cash i never heard from them again.