elementryder
08-19-2008, 12:21 PM
not the only one that heard it

laeger2fiddyr
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
that sucks for dunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:(

extremeblastr
08-19-2008, 01:43 PM
or could it be a good thing for polaris, no doub they had fast riders but none of the true big talent on their team.

esr250r86
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM
hmmm :confused: This is interesting!

But Eichner def represents it for polaris here on the West..

Hes looking to do good with them at the Point De Vaux race along with Dana Creech, and Travis Spader...

extremeblastr
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
now if only they could get spader on their mx team

laeger2fiddyr
08-19-2008, 02:15 PM
if its true its good for dunk! he deserves a factory ride! finally! but the polaris hasn't had goodluck!

eastside 400
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
dunk will end up being like every other pro that made the switch to polaris, they dont qualify even, polaris is about the worst machine out for MX racing, it sits super high, the tank is huge and it just isnt designed of mx racing. look at brock, he was fast on his honda and finished midpack usually, now he doesnt qualify even, i know there are more pro's at the nationals this year then last but hes def. fast enough

GE4x4
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
dunk will end up being like every other pro that made the switch to polaris, they dont qualify even, polaris is about the worst machine out for MX racing, it sits super high, the tank is huge and it just isnt designed of mx racing. look at brock, he was fast on his honda and finished midpack usually, now he doesnt qualify even, i know there are more pro's at the nationals this year then last but hes def. fast enough

I guess you haven't seen the 09 Outlaw yet??

extremeblastr
08-19-2008, 04:12 PM
there is a young man by the name of jeff bradway that runs the neatv production b class (stock class) who runs laptimes on par with the mid pack a riders on his STOCK polaris, people have a bad mind set about it because of the fact that it has polaris on the side, and that will get into the mentality of riders although i'm sure its not the reason brock wasn't qualifying, but consider that there are plenty of riders who are considered much better than he is who also did not qualify, these bikes have a very strong motor and with the proper setup are very fast machines, so don't bash just because it says POOLARIS on the side and your favorite riders was no good on it because look at luburghs season on the kawi.......

450man
08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
the polaris is not a bad machine. i personally rode with brock and cody this spring b4 the wpsa's were scheduled to begin and they had not even had their machines set up yet. they had stock motors yet!! granted the polaris is way too tall, but the powerplant is sick! and the updates to it this year should make the handling 10times better. it wasnt all the machines fault for the lack of success, rath/polaris not being on top of things had a lot to do with it.

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Lets look at this with some common sense and logic involved:

1. Dunk has shown that he can run towards teh front, peaking with his first pro podium finish at Birch Creek.

2. Dunk has had his share of mechanical issues aboard his Honda so a switch to another machine probably will not harm him in that respect

3. Dunk is a regular joe schmo and works for a living. Any decent deal is sure to help him out with regards to money and support

4. The new Polaris has had some upgrades that should help it along, I dont think it has what it takes to be a top 3 machine at every event, but its not the machine it was in 2008 and before.

If this indeed comes to fruition, good luck Dunk!!! We support the rider not the ride!

FHKracingZ
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Here is what polaris did. They went out and bought out some back of the pack riders on PURPOSE. The reason they did not go out and by a top 5 rider because they were not sure on there machine. For example, if they get a top 5 rider and he run 15-20 or dosnt qualify, its obvious the machine is not up to par..

But if they get somebody like brock, who runs 14-20 and say he does not qualify its not as obvious.

Brock is still an amazing rider, along with any of the pro's but if you ask me it is a smart business decision on there part. Polaris will come out swinging next year if you ask me.

Pappy
08-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Made a call....

Dunk will be racing the ATVA Open at Steel City for Polaris but nothing is being released for 2009

TrapZ400
08-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I think that it is great that dunk is on polaris. He definitely deserves a factory ride.

I think it would be cool to see Doug Eichner race the nationals. Im sure if he did, you would be seeing polaris on the podium a lot.

TWISTED
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Made a call....

Dunk will be racing the ATVA Open at Steel City for Polaris but nothing is being released for 2009

I'm not a Polaris fan, but like Pappy said, I'm rooting for the rider, not the ride.... GO DUNK!!!!!!!!!

jcv400ex
08-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry, but that's awesome! Dunk deserves a factory ride, I hope he does good at Steel City...I'll be there so, I can't wait to see how he does on it!

patrickj75
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I've personally talked to Daryl and Jennifer and right now it's just Steel City. The 09's are supposed to be better from what I've heard. They could have a real good team next year if they get everyone healed up. Landon Hurst has been riding strong since he came back.

quadlee
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I hope Dunk does well. I have always liked his style. he just has the worse luck sometimes. Go get em Dunk !!!

Warnerade
08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Brock is still an amazing rider, along with any of the pro's but if you ask me it is a smart business decision on there part. Polaris will come out swinging next year if you ask me. what the hell even happened to him this year? he told me on myspace that he was down for the count for the rest of the year...asked what happened and I never got a reply...

he break somethin?

patrickj75
08-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
what the hell even happened to him this year? he told me on myspace that he was down for the count for the rest of the year...asked what happened and I never got a reply...

he break somethin?

Brock is no longer with the team. There are no hard feelings between everyone. It was the best decision for everyone involved.

Warnerade
08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
so why the hell is he selling his race rig and his race bikes? lol

he throw in the towel for good or is there something else brewin for next year?

patrickj75
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
so why the hell is he selling his race rig and his race bikes? lol

he throw in the towel for good or is there something else brewin for next year?

I have no idea what his plans are now. I know he had a Honda he was selling. I don't know if he has any Polaris stuff. He has a huge rig so maybe he's downsizing?

Warnerade
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I hope he just goes back to honda this year...I've been a big fan of his since 05, has always been one of my favorite racers.

blacknblue#2
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I hope dunk gets the factory ride. He has alot of talent and potential. I hate to see us lose another honda at the gate but hey i cant blame them. If i was gettin paid to ride i would ride a Roketa if the money was good haha but if im payin to ride ill ride a honda.

patrickj75
08-21-2008, 05:59 AM
I hope he just goes back to honda this year...I've been a big fan of his since 05, has always been one of my favorite racers.

I talked to him a couple different times when he was here in Minnesota. He seemed like a nice guy. Hopefully he stays in the game though. He has the talent.

hasbeenttduner
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
I think it would be cool to see Doug Eichner race the nationals. Im sure if he did, you would be seeing polaris on the podium a lot.

No way!
He couldn't win a 450 pro quadcross anymore let alone a national.