PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera...? PLEASE HELP!

ShiftFMX
12-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey Guys,
I asked my mom for a new digital camera for Christmas. I looked at many Camera's on the internet. One that came out on top for me was a Sony DSC-P7, Does any one own one of these? If so, can u post a pic that your camera took. there is many thing that i took into consideration like the clarity of pictures, and if it was able to capture video w/ audio, Can u guys reccommend any more cameras that can take great pics, and record videos with audio, I really would like to stick with Sony, but if you guys have had a great camera, tell me bout it! She wont buy any thing over $400.

Heres a Pic of the P7 and a pic that it took(got of sum one else's Wesite)

ShiftFMX
12-07-2002, 11:21 AM
...Pic that tha P7 took....

gojk
12-07-2002, 11:25 AM
My brother got a sony camera and it is pretty awesome. I have a Fujifilm and it is probably just under the sony(although the sony has a ton more features than the fuji). We also have a Kodak and it is a decent camera even though it is a couple years older. If I had to pic I would reccomend the sony. Although the sony memory stick cost more than the compact flash or smart media cards.

Taco
12-07-2002, 11:27 AM
go to www.buy.com and check out the Fuji Finepix A303. For the price and picture quality i like it alot.

QuadJunkies
12-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
Hey Guys,
I asked my mom for a new digital camera for Christmas. I looked at many Camera's on the internet. One that came out on top for me was a Sony DSC-P7, Does any one own one of these? If so, can u post a pic that your camera took. there is many thing that i took into consideration like the clarity of pictures, and if it was able to capture video w/ audio, Can u guys reccommend any more cameras that can take great pics, and record videos with audio, I really would like to stick with Sony, but if you guys have had a great camera, tell me bout it! She wont buy any thing over $400.

Heres a Pic of the P7 and a pic that it took(got of sum one else's Wesite) I have a SOnt DCS-P71 cyber shot and I love it,Im not surewabout this one..:confused: I think I paid 300.00-350.00 for mine then got a BIG memory stick for it too

12-07-2002, 11:39 AM
pic of my truck that my sony MVC-D81 took earlier today, its a really good camera

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL96/787860/1407175/16714721.jpg

Taco
12-07-2002, 11:47 AM
bout time you took the moldings off:D

ShiftFMX
12-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I have a SOnt DCS-P71 cyber shot and I love it,Im not surewabout this one..:confused: I think I paid 300.00-350.00 for mine then got a BIG memory stick for it too

The P7 is an upgrade from the P71, just a couple more features, and more pixels. Does ur P71 record audio wit the videos?

Z400central
12-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Im into digital imaging a lot..my take on Sony? Im not to happy with what they have...IMHO, you pay a little more, but you dont get anything more...The image quality on any sony, doesn't impress me at all. Their new 717 is alright, but the lesser priced G3 blows it out of the water!!! The G3 riight now is the camera to have...Pixels are one of those things, is more better? yes...does more pixels mean a clearer image? no. Take for example the canon digital IXUS(s330).....GREAT CAMERA!!! the image quality that that little puppy puts out is amazing!!! and its a 2mp camera!:eek: the camera I would recommend is the S330 for you....you can find it for $250, and its a a fantastic camera! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_s330.asp
is the page for the review, and http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canondigitalixus330_samples/
is the place for the gallery of that camera. Good luck with what you end up getting!!!:)

QuadJunkies
12-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex

The P7 is an upgrade from the P71, just a couple more features, and more pixels. Does ur P71 record audio wit the videos? hmmm well to be honset..i dont know never done the vids yet. ill let you know tonight...