PDA

View Full Version : buying used Laeger frame No link or Cr500

brandonpeake
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I did not have a 250 when these debates was going on, Ive searched online and on Everything2Stroke and several other places but i am working on a trade
for either a
Cr500 link Laeger frame or a standard or no link laeger frame.
From my understanding the standard frmae can be no link or standard link, the Cr 500 has to be Cr500,

There are swingarms and shocks etc involved in both, My question is I am going to be doing some MX style riding some GNCC style riding, powerlines etc. Which is the better route to go?
I have not had my 250 very long and the stock rear end is amazing to me but I came across this deal and I got some 450R parts he needs and we are doing some swapping, any opinions?
Frames are in the same condition and basically the same age, I think he wants a little more for the Cr500 one, but if i remember right it seems to have a higher end shock with it.

The standard one I could bolt up and go the Cr500 one i know i got to run all CR500 link rear end, I know this going in, I just want to know which one is better?

I sure would like to know now which pro ran which setup on their 250 woods and Mx. This bike will be for both. I will not be able to do a 2hr GNCC anymore do to a back injury but i plan on playing still and dont want to miss this deal on this frame I always wamted a ,aeger 250

250Renvy
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Many of the pros ran different setups at different times.

Is the Cr500 frame a standard front or narrow? You may want to take that into consideration, as well as if you want to invest in a new rear shock - you'd want to make sure he has a swingarm to match or you may be searching for a while for a swingarm.

I'd go with the CR500 link because of the change in geometry. If it's a standard link/ standard front you might as well have a stock frame.

Is the second frame a Stock replacement or just a standard link MX frame?

brandonpeake
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
neither is narrow that would make my decision for me, the cr500 has matching swinger and shock, they are not the same price but parts aernt equal either?

I had thought about getting another stock frame and getting walsh to convert it to cr500, my frame is too nice to cut up

Creech52
08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
From my understanding CR500 gives you longer travel then stock/no link but alot of MX riders used the no link set up. No link would prolly be good for XC and trails as u wont have any linkage hanging down to snag up. I personally would go with the CR linkage but I guess its all a matter of opinion.

bardeenm1
08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Take your time and find a narrow with the CR500 link, It'll works great in all conditions lots of travel and the rear shock is not near as temper-mental as no links rears.

GOTFEAR
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
i had both the no link works good for me i all ways had a hard time on real rough tracks but the no link soaks it up. the only thing i do miss from my cr500 link is the hard landings so having a no link you should be a smooth rider

brandonpeake
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
there was 2 cr500 link frames one is a narrow , all of these frmes have swingarms and shocks well the ones that matter,
he has some standard ones without swingers but your stok swinger would work fine,

ok now price

thid thing looks brand new old poweder meaning ot wasnt just costed, has the cr500 laeger swinger,
also has an axis shock i am pretty sure setup for XC,
it could be pep but i think its an XC

whats a fair price for this i feel he is asking a fair price but who is in the market for this right now, i just got a 250R recently and I always wanted a laeger 250
after my wreck i dont know how much racing ill be able to do as far an entire series so the extra main on the 250 will not come into play as much as some others, i still have my fully buily 450R also, which im prob fixing to pull some parts off and sale

brandonpeake
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
there was 2 cr500 link frames one is a narrow , all of these frmes have swingarms and shocks well the ones that matter,
he has some standard ones without swingers but your stok swinger would work fine,

ok now price

thid thing looks brand new old poweder meaning ot wasnt just costed, has the cr500 laeger swinger,
also has an axis shock i am pretty sure setup for XC,
it could be pep but i think its an XC

whats a fair price for this i feel he is asking a fair price but who is in the market for this right now, i just got a 250R recently and I always wanted a laeger 250
after my wreck i dont know how much racing ill be able to do as far an entire series so the extra main on the 250 will not come into play as much as some others, i still have my fully buily 450R also, which im prob fixing to pull some parts off and sale