PDA

View Full Version : Got my first car.... a Mustang

jesseweaver
08-18-2008, 08:17 PM
got it this morning. im 16 and this is my first vehicle, paid for 100% by me and without taking out a loan or needing to sell my quad first (still for sale though) hardwork pays off:macho

2003 Mustang 3.8 V6. 58,000 miles, everything works good and it runs perfect. has a few scratches and a small dent or 2, nothing noticible from more than 5 feet away though. im going to first try and get it absolutley spotless, then start doing some stuff to it. let me know what you think.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/008.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/005.jpg

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice job going out and getting it for yourself, I respect anyone who can do that. Congrats man, enjoy.

ZeroLogic
08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice stang! :macho

Kickstarts-suck
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Nice, My friends X GF has one that looks just like yours. v6 too

jesseweaver
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks a lot. i want to tint the winm\dows pretty dark, and does anyone know where to get a boot for over the e brake lever? i was looking all over and didnt find any. mine has a tear along the side of it. i plan on making this thing CLEAN.

and also, that little dent to the right of the antenna base on the hood, i want to get that popped out.

bean2080
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
nice car man! its great you didnt take out a loan for that too. thats the route i took with my 4wheelers and truck and it payed off big time in the long run. looks like i nice car too, i like it. throw some subs in it and then you will have youself a chick magnet :devil:

j_cyrus3
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
thanks a lot. i want to tint the winm\dows pretty dark, and does anyone know where to get a boot for over the e brake lever? i was looking all over and didnt find any. mine has a tear along the side of it. i plan on making this thing CLEAN.

and also, that little dent to the right of the antenna base on the hood, i want to get that popped out.

depends on how bad the dent is.. take it to a local body shop and have them try to PDR it.

mineralgrey01gt
08-18-2008, 09:59 PM
good buy man, that car is in very good shape for being 5 years old and very low miles. The boots you can get from Ford. I dont think they are too bad. Also I remember you asking about things to make it look better. Check out www.uprproducts.com and www.mgwltd.com (very high quality billet aluminum pieces)

mudrunner35
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
5 spd? or auto?

quad2xtreme
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
A big nut fell from a tree and dented my hood about the size of a 50 cent piece. Dealership had a guy who visits every Wednesday. He took it out for $40. I can't even remember where it was now.

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by mudrunner35
5 spd? or auto?

5 speed:macho

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
good buy man, that car is in very good shape for being 5 years old and very low miles. The boots you can get from Ford. I dont think they are too bad. Also I remember you asking about things to make it look better. Check out www.uprproducts.com and www.mgwltd.com (very high quality billet aluminum pieces)

thanks for the websites, ill definatley be ordering some stuff from there, but the prices seem really high. yeah well... you get what you pay for i guess.

Benjithx
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Congrats, looks nice!

Mustangs are referred to as Stripper Cars around here. Seems to be the only type of of people who drive them in this area. kinda funny

08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice car, I like the older style better, seems meaner. I didn't think they put the hood scoop on the v6's though. The wheels look decent to, usually those v6 stangs got those hideous three spoke wheels that just look horrendous. As far as v6 stangs go, that one's a nice one! Love the color to.

On a side note, that better not be one of those coffee can sized exhaust tips sticking out, if so, rip it off, blow it up, and bury the remains!

ricksmx865
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Benjithx
Congrats, looks nice!

Mustangs are referred to as Stripper Cars around here. Seems to be the only type of of people who drive them in this area. kinda funny

Ms. Davis from varsity blues?! :devil:

exrider272
08-19-2008, 06:47 PM
ive always liked the older ones with the 5.0L in them... but those ones are nice too..

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by exrider272
ive always liked the older ones with the 5.0L in them... but those ones are nice too..

yea i like those too, but i wanted to get a newer, cleaner car so i went with the smaller engine. insurance would have killed me too.

and its not the coffee can exhaust. its dual flowmasters, not sure what kind. 3" diamater. its not really loud, but it sounds better than stock. anyone know a good pipe to get close to that V8 rumble. i dont want the ricer sound though.

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by exrider272

amen...i have the newer style now but prefered my 91

the new stangs sure handle alot better though, even in wet conditions. ill ditch this one soon and build a nother fox body, i miss leaving with the wheels in the air:devil:

jesse..congrats on your first car. be safe!

mineralgrey01gt
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea i like those too, but i wanted to get a newer, cleaner car so i went with the smaller engine. insurance would have killed me too.

and its not the coffee can exhaust. its dual flowmasters, not sure what kind. 3" diamater. its not really loud, but it sounds better than stock. anyone know a good pipe to get close to that V8 rumble. i dont want the ricer sound though.

get the stock midpipe off a 99-04 mustang GT and the stock catback, sounds very good. Plus it makes the car have true duals. Also pick up a DSG (the color of your car) 99-04 mustang GT bumper that has the exhaust cutouts. Put some Deep Dish wheels on it and it would like like this :)

http://www.putfile.com/pic/6222051#

^^^ thats how my car used to look and man do i miss those wheels :(

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
nice stang. i really like that rear bumper. in the back right cirner, mine was backed into, and it was repaired but you can feel its a little rough when you run your hand over it and the front bumper isnt in perfect condition. i was thinking of getting a body kit, but i wanted something thats kinda small and doesnt rub the groun like all those ricers:rolleyes: i really like the rear bumper on that though, i think i might get one of those

jesseweaver
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
and does anyone in PA know the law for how much you can tint the windows? and how much you can usually get away with?

Quad18star
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ill ditch this one soon and build a nother fox body, i miss leaving with the wheels in the air:devil:

jesse..congrats on your first car. be safe!

Pshhh ... leaving with the wheels in the air is overrated . ;)

The real accomplishment is if you can carry them through the 60 foot mark. Could you??:devil:

I've got pictures laying around downstairs somewhere of my old man's Pro Street Nova pickin'em up and carry through the 60'. We had the car dialed in perfectly... then he sold it to some young punk that played with the suspension , added nitrous and the car never ran the same after that ... actually ran slower.

mineralgrey01gt
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
check out ebay for your bumpers man. Also check out the saleen kits for mustangs. They look very good IMO.

60' is a good ways to pick the wheels up. Thats why I like watching Tim Lynch run is 10.5 outlaw mustang GT. his drops at the 1/8 mile lol

jesseweaver
08-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
check out ebay for your bumpers man. Also check out the saleen kits for mustangs. They look very good IMO.

i was lokin on ebay. seems like they mostly have bumper covers. plus you gotta pay like $200 shipping for a bumper.