PDA

View Full Version : LOOK : 2009 CRF450R are we ready!

reptikes
08-18-2008, 05:42 PM
2009 Honda CRF450R getting Fuel Injection, new Frame & Plastic, and KYB suspention ?!?! So what would that mean for the 2009 Honda TRX450R? Fuel Injection? New Plastic? New Suspention? Or.... To much R&D into the bike and the atv will have to wait another year. It would be nice for Honda to jump back out in front of the pack. Would like to see what you guys think about this, and what you think it would mean for the TRX(assuming this is fact).

Here is the link from ThumperTalk - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679191

Dave400ex
08-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Well I'm not a big fan of the EFI idea until they can get it to start as fast as a carb. I don't really care what they do, I just wish they would release them already! Hopefully we know within the next 3-4 weeks.

Rich250RRacer
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
2009 Honda CRF450R getting Fuel Injection, new Frame & Plastic, and KYB suspention ?!?! So what would that mean for the 2009 Honda TRX450R? Fuel Injection? New Plastic? New Suspention? Or.... To much R&D into the bike and the atv will have to wait another year. It would be nice for Honda to jump back out in front of the pack. Would like to see what you guys think about this, and what you think it would mean for the TRX(assuming this is fact).

Here is the link from ThumperTalk - http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679191

I want somebody to show me proof.

gcart2
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Well I'm not a big fan of the EFI idea until they can get it to start as fast as a carb. I don't really care what they do, I just wish they would release them already! Hopefully we know within the next 3-4 weeks.

YOU KNOW... THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT fi THE MORE I LIKE. MAINLY THE FACT OF BEING ABLE TO HOOK IT UP TO A CPU AND ADJUST trackside.

crap sorry for the caps:scary:

Dave400ex
08-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
YOU KNOW... THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT fi THE MORE I LIKE. MAINLY THE FACT OF BEING ABLE TO HOOK IT UP TO A CPU AND ADJUST trackside.

crap sorry for the caps:scary:

And that might be great. I like the idea of a light throttle. However for GNCC racing the Suzuki and Kaw are just not starting fast enough. Can/will it be figured out, I'm sure it will, but I don't want to be the one to figure it out. lol

08-18-2008, 06:16 PM

you must not know much about EFI.

gcart2
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
And that might be great. I like the idea of a light throttle. However for GNCC racing the Suzuki and Kaw are just not starting fast enough. Can/will it be figured out, I'm sure it will, but I don't want to be the one to figure it out. lol

o i agree 100%

however for us mx guys who are always tearing down carbs for different races and working on them between races to dial it in would (im not talking for all, please no bashing) really like FI.

and slow starting doesn't matter for us (most of the time.. stalling sucks)

look i fixed my caps :eek2:

extremeblastr
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
reread his posts before you jump on his back, he just wants them to solve the slow starting problem.....

Robin Hood
08-18-2008, 06:21 PM

My LTR wont start up as fast as a Yami but it beats the crap outta the Hondas starter.

Dave400ex
08-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by z400rider08

Actually I don't, but it is pure fact the Suz and Kaw are not starting as fast. Read the new QUAD magazine with Borich. One of his biggest issues this season is starts. Why, he said because it has EFI! And I'm sure they have the best at Yoshi working on that. Plain and simple they are not starting as fast.

ZeroLogic
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Glad I love two strokes. You'll have to sell your house to buy one of those thumpers.:rolleyes:

08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
if the CRF450 gets EFI i expect the TRX450 to get an EFI either this year or the next.

krt400ex
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Glad I love two strokes. You'll have to sell your house to buy one of those thumpers.:rolleyes:

haha, yea. first kick everytime no matter wut. it can be cold, hot, choke or no choke. the bike will always start. i love it.

i been away for the past week and i am dying to get home and ride the hell outa my bike...lol.

blakefoote
08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
i work at a honda dealer and the roomer is that they only change the TRX450r ever other year 2004-2005 kick start 10.5:1 compression ect... 2006-2007... Estart 12:1 compression ect... 2008 minor adjustments color change and stuff so the 2009 should be the same as the 2008 and 2010 you'll see changes

ZeroLogic
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
haha, yea. first kick everytime no matter wut. it can be cold, hot, choke or no choke. the bike will always start. i love it.

i been away for the past week and i am dying to get home and ride the hell outa my bike...lol.

I was at Montrose yesterday. :macho

Pappy
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM

And you know even less about dead engine starts and EFI

Robin Hood
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM

Lucky. My Zuki blew the top end at my race yesterday so it's out of the question this weekend. :(

mine
08-18-2008, 11:55 PM

sell the car for a bike, and the house for the valves.;)

krt400ex
08-19-2008, 07:28 AM

PM me next time you go. i would love to.

krt400ex
08-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Lucky. My Zuki blew the top end at my race yesterday so it's out of the question this weekend. :(

that is why i dont like suzuki lol. that sux to hear that though

stoopidbot
08-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Honda is putting EFI on the 09 CRF. That is where they will work the bugs out. Expect the TRX to have it as early as 2010 or as late as 2011.

reptikes
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
Honda is putting EFI on the 09 CRF. That is where they will work the bugs out. Expect the TRX to have it as early as 2010 or as late as 2011.

Wouldn't the 700xx be there Fuel Injection test dummy? When they put it on the 450's they should have it right! Right?

ZeroLogic
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
PM me next time you go. i would love to.

Might be going Sunday if I can get some $$$.:macho

08-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
And you know even less about dead engine starts and EFI

oh really now? well i dont have a single problem with my kawi starting and if anyone out there does theres a fix for it pm me its pretty long to post you have to adjust some sensors.

Pappy
08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
oh really now? well i dont have a single problem with my kawi starting and if anyone out there does theres a fix for it pm me its pretty long to post you have to adjust some sensors.

You can adjust all you like, you will not get the EFI systems on the LTR, KFX or Can Am to fire as fast as a kick start Honda or YFZ. Tell me genius, how do you by pass all the safeties that are built into the computer that prevent the spark from even being thrown to fire the engine:scary: You can hack the harness and eliminate some of them, but unless you are a factory team, your not getting rid of them....and even then the factory teams are not getting them to fire and it IS hurting their starts at the races(exactly how many National GNCC events have you attended this year, How many teams to you converse with daily about their issues, and exactly how many times have you chatted with the designers of these systems about these issues?) The DS450 alone has a 21 point(could be off on the exact #) checklist that is preformed BEFORE the computer will allow the engine to fire....what are you going to "adjust" to take that away:huh

Bring your Kawi to a GNCC, I have a grand that says you are not the first off the line;)

08-19-2008, 06:58 PM
You can adjust all you like, you will not get the EFI systems on the LTR, KFX or Can Am to fire as fast as a kick start Honda or YFZ. Tell me genius, how do you by pass all the safeties that are built into the computer that prevent the spark from even being thrown to fire the engine:scary: You can hack the harness and eliminate some of them, but unless you are a factory team, your not getting rid of them....and even then the factory teams are not getting them to fire and it IS hurting their starts at the races(exactly how many National GNCC events have you attended this year, How many teams to you converse with daily about their issues, and exactly how many times have you chatted with the designers of these systems about these issues?) The DS450 alone has a 21 point(could be off on the exact #) checklist that is preformed BEFORE the computer will allow the engine to fire....what are you going to "adjust" to take that away:huh

Bring your Kawi to a GNCC, I have a grand that says you are not the first off the line;)

i have a grand that says i wouldnt be caught dead at a mud diggin xc race. thanks any way though.

You may read two different ways of doing this, and may find two different volt readings; I will try to explain this?
If you set your idle speed to a known scale (1800rpm) then use 0.62 volt. It would be spot on...
the output voltage at closed throttle position and idle speed is some what dependent on each other.
I would say that in a news paper/magazine write-up? Such as the one wrote about Ron wade, I can understand there thinking, most people are going to have trouble getting there idle speed to a known scale? Just counting clicks out from closed, most people don't have a way to measure rpm? So in order to insure that the bike does start better, the volt setting of 0.64 for the mass's may have been recommended? Knowing there Idle speed may or may not be at scale, but this would improve there start over what they had, which it would.

Just to recap. Before you adjust the TPS, the throttle speed must be set! (1800rpm)( + or - 100rpm )
after that is done, then you can adjust the output voltage at CLOSED THROTTLE position. You’re adjusting the voltage at closed throttle position! So you can see that one will have affect on other?
So the magazine write-up was smart thinking, on what info could be given, and used for good results.

Before you start with the TPS adjustment make sure that the vehicle-down sensor is ok and secure, (see service manual) also the idle speed knob is out 27 clicks, knob pushed in or (normal) not pulled out!! You may find this setting to low of Idle to keep the motor running? The lower the Idle the better. For starting that is. The factory idle setting is 27 clicks out. If these two things are found to be ok, and the bike is still cranking over and over and over, then finally starts, the bike does run. This will not fix a bike that does not run. Or just will not start. It will fix a bike that cranks over & over & over & over etc… and then starts up….and runs…

KFX450 TPS ADJUSTMENT…I will explain how to check output voltage, the manual says not to, because it is adjusted from the factory with precision. I am writing this in good will trying to help others. Please refer to the shop service manual.
First do you have a good voltmeter/ohm meter and do you know how to use it? This is a must! If you’re not good at reading volt meters and ohm reading (continuity test) find some help for this.
Some things to know before you start.
Check your idle speed, if you don’t! It will throw the whole thing off! Check your Idle speed, set at 1800rpm + or – 100rpm But it must be in that range! Good high dollar timing light can be used. They will give you RPM off the spark plug induction. The Main throttle=2 0sensor connector has 3 wires; colors are yellow, blue, and brown. To check OUTPUT VOLTAGE you will be using yellow, and brown.
Using a voltmeter with red and black wires, like all voltmeters have, Use red from meter to yellow, and black from meter to brown. I set the voltmeter scale to 20 DC volt scale. At this scale you should see a reading of three with a decimal point, like this 0.00
You will need to perform a continuity check, switch volt meter to ohms and find the tone or chime scale, when you touch red led to black led on the meter, you hear a note or beep or tone, this tells you that you have continuity, or contact, or a good connection etc.
Also before you start, all voltage checks are with the motor not running, just key on or off. But not running.
When trying to unplug the main throttle sensor connector, this is hard to take off, I have some needle nose pliers with a bend to them, they came like that, you may what some?
When looking at the main throttle sensor adjustment, left side of throttle body, you can see the hex head screw, the black plastic is notched behind it, so when you loosen the screw, you rotate this and adjust the OUTPUT VOLTAGE, and when you retieten the screw, make sure to recheck your volt reading again!! It changes, this thing is super sensitive. The final reading is 0.62
Not 0.63 or 0.61 you must be on!! So always recheck after you secure the hex screw. It took me 4 or 5 trys to get it spot on.. take your time and get it right.
Do not let any wires touch the frame or each other!

I MADE MY OWN.
Or just buy the special tool from Kawasaki (throttle sensor setting adapter #57001-1538)
Thi s is a special tool from Kawasaki that they use to check the voltage, this is just a jumper wire, it has connectors on both ends and loose wires in the middle, so this gives you a place to check voltage with all connections still plug together, I did not buy this so I made something that worked.
When I unplugged the main throttle sensor connector wires, I pulled them out where I could see them good, I then took a sharp paper clip and slid down the back side of the yellow wire into the connector, and then did the same thing to the brown wire. Then took an ohm meter and did a continuity check, to make sure I was making contact.
With the voltmeter in ohms and at tone, red led to inside of plug (checking yellow wire now) and black led of voltmeter on paper clip on outside of plug, I had tone, ( or continuity) so I know that the paper clips were in the connector touching the yellow wire from the back side. I then did the same thing to the brown wire; I then cut the paper clips off so they were very short, because when you plug this back on to the throttle body it is very close to the frame!!! Do not let it touch the frame!!! Reconnect the plug back into the throttle body.
My volt meter has alligator clips you can add on, so I clipped them onto my pap er clips at the bottom of the plug. With every thing back together, I made sure nothing was contacting the frame or each other.
I also found that I could not get a straight shot with the Hex-s crew driver when trying to loosen the hex screw securing the throttle position sensor adjustment, I had too loosen the clamps (both clamps) that hold the throttle body (carb) to the rubber boots, loosen and rotate a-little for the hex-screw driver, you may or may not need to do this?
Also remove the left upper engine bracket.

OK. SO HERE WE GO.

SET IDLE SPEED, 1800rpm
Shut down motor, key off
Remove eng bracket
Loosen throttle body (carb) so it can move a little, if needed?
Disconnect the main throttle sensor connector plug. And install (throttle sensor setting adapter part #57001-1538) (make you own?) then Plug connection back on throttle body...
Connect voltmeter red to yellow wire and voltmeter black to brown wire. Set voltmeter to scale 20DC volts (0.00)
With throttle closed. This is important; (with throttle closed) turn key on and take readings of TPS output voltage, Hard starting bikes will be around 0.55 or 0.56 or 0.57 etc..
Loosen hex screw and turn sensor to get a reading of 0.62
Then when sensor is secure and reading is 0.62 try opening throttle and then let off, with throttle closed again, check to see if reading is still at 0.62
Then when this is done you can check wide open throttle position at this time, it should read around 3. 70 to 4.10 (wot)
Make sure when throttle is returned to closed or let off, that reading falls back to 0.62
Turn key off.
Unplug the sensor connector and remove the throttle sensor adapter or (made your own?) then plug connector back on throttle body.
Done.

try it jackass it works.

08-19-2008, 07:00 PM

my kawi will start right up. not as fast as a kicker. but its pretty darn close. I can turn key on press button and she be fired. No you don't have to wait for fuel pump to finish. Where you can prime it first with is 100% not illegal for dead engine starts. just by turning key on quick and off. then doing your start. try it next time

Go get your best starting bike. ill video a dead start for me. tell me the differnce

bet your camera on it.

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
did you just call me jackass?

08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
did you just call me jackass?

naw i called you a jackass.

08-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Dont argue. pappys never wrong. pappys world. pappys right. ur wrong. doofis

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM

1 down...
hey walsh, you want to be next?

08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
rather not. Im not a internet tuff guy. All though some of your statements i believe are false but everyones going to have that. Just wish i was right once in a wile

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
rather not. Im not a internet tuff guy. All though some of your statements i believe are false but everyones going to have that. Just wish i was right once in a wile

Check out the facts about the machines and ask those that actually race in dead engine start events...you will see that i am correct.

08-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Not saying your wrong. i have my own opinion for riding a kfx for past 7months and no how they start. My yfz did not start any faster. Thats all i am saying. Not a big tree dodger though

Edit: 9 months

Pappy
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Thats all i am saying. Not a big tree dodger though

Hey its the internet, people comment on stuff they have no expierence with all the time, why should you be any different.

08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey its the internet, people comment on stuff they have no expierence with all the time, why should you be any different.

Cause i never did a dead start. you no much about my life.

ZeroLogic
08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Cause i never did a dead start. you no much about my life.

They can have their EFI, I'll take a carb over them anyday. Less wires so less stuff to break!:macho

exrider12
08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Why get rid of z400rider? Hes wicked cool. Just cause he was right?:rolleyes:

Rich250RRacer
08-19-2008, 07:34 PM
They can have their EFI, I'll take a carb over them anyday. Less wires so less stuff to break!:macho

I couldn't agree more. If I want to adjust the idle, I reach down and turn a little screw. I don't need somebdy to write me a novel explaining how to adjust things. And I GUARANTEE my 250R starts faster than all of them!

08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I couldn't agree more. If I want to adjust the idle, I reach down and turn a little screw. I don't need somebdy to write me a novel explaining how to adjust things. And I GUARANTEE my 250R starts faster than all of them!

Actually to adjust the idle you reach down and turn a screw. acutlly very easy to get to. And once you learn how to adjust stuff (100times easier) hes much more efficient and easy

ZeroLogic
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually to adjust the idle you reach down and turn a screw. acutlly very easy to get to. And once you learn how to adjust stuff (100times easier) hes much more efficient and easy

What could be easier than turning a screw?:huh

bens250ex
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
my ltr starts up fast. its the honda's i usually see havin a hard time starting (nothing at all against honda i love em).... but UNLESS they are factory rides/serious racers who put more in the engine than the bike cost in the first place, nothing wrong with that but i don't think you can' compare national racers bikes with every day bikes. just my thoughts but i do think the efi has some pros and cons just like the carb. all in all who cares just ride the damn bikes and accept that its the rider who controlls the machine. and im not tryin to start anything with anyone just givin my own thoughts at which i should be able to do.

Scro
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I really don't think some people have any idea how fast a GNCC bike needs to start, pro or amatuer. At Loretta Lynn's this year, I was fairly close to Ballance when he was making a couple practice starts in the back field.

You really would have to be there to believe it, but I swear he was throwing roost before there was ever really any exhaust sound. From the time he touches the button to the time the tires start spinning is practically instantaneous.

I think that anything can be made to crank fairly quick. But the Kawi's, Suzuki's, and Can-am's are far from Ballances' speed (Honda, Yamaha, KTM).

tp300ex
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
im pretty sure pappy knows his chit...he test all the new atvs pretty much and god knows how many races hes been to...any ways my cousin got a 450r and his friend has an ltr450...my cousins runs much better than the ltr y idk....

hey pappy when will we see a test on the new z400?

Pappy
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I think we get the new Z in september or there abouts.

ZeroLogic
08-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I think we get the new Z in september or there abouts.

Whats the new Z got besides efi?

Pappy
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Whats the new Z got besides efi?

not really sure, I honestly try and not read much about them so when they get here I see for myself the changes and form my own opinions. should be interesting, I wasnt a huge fan of the old Z

Dave400ex
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Scro is right. Watch Ballance. His is one of few four strokes you can start with the throttle open. Sommers and Ockerman's are the same. Most of you are thinkin of the e-start Honda, I was talking about the kicker only. My starts VERY fast...

bens250ex
08-20-2008, 07:03 AM
pappy is there any national xc races down south around the area of tenn,mississippi,alabama, arkansas? i was wanting to try out xc but around my area i don't hear much about xc races

Pappy
08-20-2008, 07:09 AM
www.gnccracing.com

Scro
08-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex
pappy is there any national xc races down south around the area of tenn,mississippi,alabama, arkansas? i was wanting to try out xc but around my area i don't hear much about xc races

www.thewildernesstrails.com

www.msws.org

The Wilderness Trails is a small riding area that has non-sanctioned events almost every month. They are taking a break right now though because of the heat.

The Mid-south is a much larger series with races in one race in Miss. and one near Birmingham, AL. There are also alot of races in middle Tenn.

Let me know if you decide you want to try out either of these. I'm at almost all of them.

ZeroLogic
08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
not really sure, I honestly try and not read much about them so when they get here I see for myself the changes and form my own opinions. should be interesting, I wasnt a huge fan of the old Z

Ya gettin the KTM450?

bens250ex
08-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Scro
www.thewildernesstrails.com

www.msws.org

The Wilderness Trails is a small riding area that has non-sanctioned events almost every month. They are taking a break right now though because of the heat.

The Mid-south is a much larger series with races in one race in Miss. and one near Birmingham, AL. There are also alot of races in middle Tenn.

Let me know if you decide you want to try out either of these. I'm at almost all of them.

i will deff deff hit up the wilderness ones, its right by mississippi state ill be down there alot anyway this school year. thanks for the info!

krt400ex
08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Might be going Sunday if I can get some $$$.:macho

i could try, but i might be riding with a couple of friends this sunday.

ZeroLogic
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Werdddd, I gotta get my bike fixed.:ermm:

Flyin-Low
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Dont argue. pappys never wrong. pappys world. pappys right. ur wrong. doofis

Seemed like the other guy actually knew what he was talking about regarding the EFI starting problem.. so he got banned.

Pappy
08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Seemed like the other guy actually knew what he was talking about regarding the EFI starting problem.. so he got banned.

he was banned for calling me a jackass....not for his opinion on efi(ofcourse i see expertise advising others to pump the throttle to prime the system on a efi quad prior to a dead engine start...classic know nothing stuff right there)

now if you all want to see what a dick i can be...keep asking for it

hasbeenttduner
08-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low

I have been watching this thread and not posting a word.I should of left it that way.What one person thinks starts fast does not mean gncc good start fast.Some of those fighting in this thread have said mine starts fast....no I don't race gncc's.My point is don't argue and fight about something you truely don't know about.When you are told you still piss in the fan and hdhgdidd.Someone got banned for being a axxxxxx to pappy.So be it don't be such an axxxxxx and you will still be able to post away on the boards telling everyone about stuff you don't know sxxx about.

Hey pappy I turn my key and push a button and when it fires I put on my gogs and pull in the left thing and push down another left thing and push a right thing and let out a left thing and ride away.I bet I could take O billy down on the starts.

Pappy
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
The funny part is, I replied to z400icantlisten in the same fashion he replied to Dave400ex. This pissed him off, and he replied with a copy and paste of info that has been known since the release of most every model of EFI including the CDALE after trying to inform me I know zero about EFI and ATV's.

When I took the approach of applying the point Dave400EX had made with regards to GNCC racing, dead engine starts and EFI, I get told I know jack spit:p

Its ok, I have no problem with eliminating know it all *******s from this site regardless of how much they actually know or dont know. If you call me a jackass in person, you loose teeth, here all I can do is ban your account. Its called respect, you will either employ it on this site to all members or you will be removed.

exrider12
08-22-2008, 08:03 PM
If you call me a jackass in person, you loose teeth, here all I can do is ban your account

Internet tough guy!:D hahaha jk:devil:

Ruby Soho
08-22-2008, 08:51 PM
ive finally been messing with carbs enough now to understand and get them dialed in. EFI is a hole new world. i think its cool but ill stick to the old carburetors!

08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
First off let me just start off by saying i am sorry i called you a jackass pappy, it was un-called for.

Its ok, I have no problem with eliminating know it all *******s from this site regardless of how much they actually know or dont know. If you call me a jackass in person, you loose teeth, here all I can do is ban your account. Its called respect, you will either employ it on this site to all members or you will be removed.

But pappy dont sit there for one second and say that the reason you banned me was for lack of respect, you are the most disrespectful mod on the site. So hop off your high horse.

If you call me a jackass in person, you loose teeth

I would say if you ever threatened me or my chompers in person you would loose teeth......but i wouldnt want to stoop that low.

This pissed him off

haha your the only one that got pissed bud, hint the ban

Any way you only banned my sn not my ip so i dont know if this sn will be banned to or not, i just want to say a few things and that if you do ban this sn too i wont be back so a farewell to everyone.

Pappy
08-22-2008, 09:12 PM
No problem bud, glad to see you got to say good bye.

woodsracer144
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Its called respect, you will either employ it on this site to all members or you will be removed.

X2 on that pappy! with the respect... we need more...

once again this might start a fight with someone buy im sayin MO

To me i have to say right now that the EFI on a quad is a waste...
now i have never rode one nor have i ever took the time to look them all down and see all the specs.

to me most the time simple is better.
i was really big in to the D23 workin on my buddys quads and stuff and all the hairscrambles and i would have to say that the 2 things needed in a dead start is a a good place ment in the start and a good rider.
i have see many kids that have way too much money and have a quad they couldnt ride to save there souls

if you can have a 250r dialed in right i think that the 250r is one hell of a quad.

i also think that the EFI is just another money pit to use...

you have to get a cherry bomb on the ltr and it helps you that like 50 bucks
and then if you get a different computer or what ever and then thats some more.

a carb your take a 8 dollar jet (thats how much they are by me we get raped i think thats crazy) and put it in there and have it set for all your mods. a pipe, a fcr carb mabie and a air box mod and your set...

now i also know that to get a aftermarket carf like the fcr is really spend as well... but i think if you have a 400ex that you could run the stock 06 450r carb and mod it and have one hell of a quad...

and about the donkey thing.... theres lack of respect on both sides.... but when i tell people to stop on here it normally just makes it worst...
but what ever its over with...

Ruby Soho
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
i should probly stay out of this.. but pappy i think banning him was a little harsh, so he did disrespect you which i see where you're coming from but so he had a little attitude, i read a lot of people talk with attitudes all the time. not saying its right to but i don't really think it was all so necessary, but its not my decision so i just wanted to get that out there:ermm:

Pappy
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Honestly, I dont really care anymore about peoples opinions. There are way to many people being complete pricks on here that a few of them have to go. End of story.

People that respond like Z400cantlearn did to Dave400EX who was not making a statement in anyway to ellicit an argument or negative response but get one anyway is the reason I will ban every single prick I see even if i have to be the bigger prick in the mix.

This site will not be turned over to a bunch of smartmouth punks that love to bust chops on the net. Go elsewhere or be removed, its a very simple deal.

If anyone would like to join him, just pm me, I will arrange it.