PDA

View Full Version : wiring

Ruby Soho
08-18-2008, 04:54 PM
So i had a little incident, my airbox broke with my battery in it. a couple thing's happened. one being the main problem why i can't start it. my fuse assembly. i had my fuse box bolted inside the airbox and that came off with the airbox. now i don't remember what wires went where (my bad i know).

so this is what i have. i don't remember but wasn't there a wire going into both sides of the fuse ? (see picture)

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5285/003cu0.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=003cu0.jpg)

little history on this part- when i put the fuse box in the airbox i had to extend the wire, so i cut it and added a peice of wire and re connected the ends making it longer. that piece that i put in is gone, and this is what i have left (see picture)

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9527/005ix2.th.jpg (http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=005ix2.jpg)

what confuses me is, if i touch the pink wire there thats connected to the live wire, to the bare copper on the fuse wire nothing happens. so it cant be that connection that doesnt work right? its gotta be either the fuse wire connecting to the fuses, or something else am i right?

BTW, fuses are fine, all connections are connected, everything is hooked up besides this. the battery has juice too.

honda729
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
is your key on (dumb things always get me) i can look at mine but not untill thursday

Koos47
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
It looks like the terminal for the fused side of the harness got pulled out of the fuse holder. The wire that you have there in the fuse holder (first pic) should go directly to the battery, and the other side of the fuse should go to the wire that's already on the quad in the bottom pic. Your best bet might be to go to a auto parts / hardware store and buy a new fuse holder and wire it in. The only problem with that is then you will lose your spare fuse holder.

QuadManiac
08-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Koos47
Your best bet might be to go to a auto parts / hardware store and buy a new fuse holder and wire it in. The only problem with that is then you will lose your spare fuse holder.

But hell, how many of us REALLY have a spare fuse left in there anyway?

Ruby Soho
08-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Koos47
It looks like the terminal for the fused side of the harness got pulled out of the fuse holder. The wire that you have there in the fuse holder (first pic) should go directly to the battery, and the other side of the fuse should go to the wire that's already on the quad in the bottom pic. Your best bet might be to go to a auto parts / hardware store and buy a new fuse holder and wire it in. The only problem with that is then you will lose your spare fuse holder.

I've never had a wire go directly to the battery coming from the fuse:confused:

The pink wire thats open just coming from the relay i believe it is (2nd picture) splices into the live wire, which goes to the battery so thats where it gets hooked up

Ruby Soho
08-20-2008, 11:15 AM
bump guys.. still cant get it to work

does it make sense that in the first pic theres only one wire/terminal touching one side of one fuse.. i thought there was supposed to be one touching booth prongs on the fuse but i honestly can't remember

Koos47
08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes, you need one wire going to each side of the fuse. One wire comes from the constant power side of the starter solenoid, which is the wire hanging in the second pic. I explained it wrong in my first reply, it comes from the starter solenoid ring terminal instead of the battery ring terminal (essentially the same thing though). The other wire going to the fuse (wire still in fuse holder) goes to the voltage regulator and the key switch. Your best bet is going to be to go to an auto parts store and get a new fuse holder and connect one side of it to the wire hanging there in the second pic, and the other side of the fuse holder to the wire that's still in the fuse holder (which you will have to cut from the fuse holder). If you still have questions let me know.

Ruby Soho
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
i got it earlier today, and what you explained is correct.

thanks for the help

Koos47
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
No problem. Glad you got it going.