PDA

View Full Version : wiring question

bean2080
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
i have a wire that came with my bike when i bought it and i just need to confirm where it goes on the bike. according to this site (http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/3/Type/All-Terrain_Vehicle_(ATV)/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/44/Year/2003/ModelID/7282/Model/TRX400EX/GroupID/316710/Group/WIRE_HARNESS_99-04) it is the sub wire which is part 8 on the list. now i know where it plugs into up by the battery but im not real sure where you plug the other end in at. i went and looked at my bike and it looks like it may plug in right below the shifter. i plugged it in up by the battery and at the place below the shifter and it didnt work. maby someone on here can help me out with this? im not even sure this is the wire i need for this but the guy i bought it off of said it was but dosnt know where it plugs in at, so i cant ask him either :mad: what im trying to fix is, my factory kill switch does not work and while the bike is running, i can turn the key off and the bike still runs and the guy i bought it off of sait will fix it. this wire is missing on my bike so i cant just take the old off and put the new on. thanks

jeepthing07
08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
is it green? it look like the wire for the neutral light. if your green light dont light up hook it back up and see if it does.

Rip_Tear
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
ya that is the wire that hooks up below your drive sprocket, just by the foot shifter.

bean2080
08-18-2008, 04:07 PM
yea its a green wire, and my neutral light stays on all the time. is that all that wire does? i thought it was for my kill switch too?

QuadManiac
08-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Light Green wire is definitely your neutral switch wire. (according to the wiring diagram in the manual.)

08-19-2008, 06:29 AM
i just replaced that wire because i had no neutral light...i now have a neutral light...

did your neutral light stay on all the time before you changed that wire? if it did, then the actual wire from the neutral light is plugged into the wrong connection

bean2080
08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
i have it plugged in and everything is working how it is suppost to. i just thought that the wire was for the kill switch and not the neutral light, they both needed fixed though so i just have to figure out the kill switch wiring.

08-19-2008, 08:14 AM
follow the kill switch wires down to the plug...my guess is that the previous owner wired in a tether switch and then took it off, without wiring the stocker back up, before he sold it.

bean2080
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
what color are the kill switch wires? its hard tracing the bundle of wires from the handlebars.