PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about bodybuilding?

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
So I have recently got into bodybuilding and have built a rather brutal regiment and a very good diet. Just wondering if anyone here has extensive knowledge on the subject and or anabolic steroids.

quads14589
08-18-2008, 10:06 AM
first off i wouldnt take steriods it just ruins ur body, take protein shakes they help alot, i took protein shakes for a few months and saw some results and now i dont take anything, i used to work outevery day but not anymore because of football.

JRP
08-18-2008, 10:35 AM
ya dont mess around with steriods, to many problems in the long road. Try some whey protien, no-explode(be careful with it) or if you want to try to get a little bigger(just water in ur muscles) take some creatine monohydrate. check out www.bodybuilding.com

wellsj54
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree with the other guys. No need to mess with roids unless you are making it your goal to compete in competitions as a pro. I still dont like the fact even taking them for this reason but to compete with most of the pros its a must. I did a few research papers on this while in college for my degree.

A healthy balanced diet of 40% good carbs, 40% protein and 20% healthy fats will get you pretty far. Get some whey protein and a multi-vitamin. After you have been hitting it hard for a while and you plateau add some creatine in with these.

Just remember it takes a while to build the muscle but once you start seeing yourself grow, its a dang good feeling.

Good luck man.

hungus07trx400
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Try mixing Cytocarb powder in with whey protein powder in a shake no more than an hour after you finish lifting. I had been in a rut for awhile and started messing around with different supplements and that seemed to help.

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 11:12 AM
A little background info, I am 21 6' 260 lbs. at the time. I have a lean weight of 190 lbs, ya thats 27 % body fat. Well I workout 4x a week, I do biceps, chest, and forearms on Monday and Thursday, I do triceps, shoulders, and abs on Tuesday and Friday. I want to work on my upper body and core right now b/c my legs are already where I want them. I do cardio 3 -4x a week at pretty high intensity usually following my weightlifting. For my diet I take in no less than 250 g of protein a day, try to go easy on the carbs, I can feel when I need more and I adjust accordingly. Currently I supplement protein shakes, multi vitamin, amino complex, pyruvate, and 2 ml of trenabol a week. In three weeks I have seen a 6 pound lean mass gain and 8 lb drop in body fat. Just curios as to if anyone could critique or point in a direction that would yield results faster.

hungus07trx400
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Well i usually do cardio after I lift, so that way I can burn carbs to fuel my workout, then run to burn Fat.

Warnerade
08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
so your legs are already where you want them? Then I'm guessing they are too small, or you just dont feel like putting your body through the torture of squating huh?

Do you just not worry about your back at all? Your into bodybuilding...that means your whole body dawg...throw in some upright rows and lat pull downs.

chest twice a week and shoulders twice a week? JESUS, do you wanna screw your rotary cuff up? Do those body parts once a week, chest on monday and shoulders on thursday. You are pushing a lot of weight for both of those workouts, and your rotary cuff isnt the strongest part on your body, thats for sure.

now onto your intake

You weigh 260 lbs...your not even getting the max. amount of protein your body can handle. There is a big debate on whether you shoudl eat so many grams per pound of body weight, or so many grams per lean pound of body weight...I go with actual body weight. ATLEAST 1 gram per pound, 1.5 would be a better goal. Up your intake to around 390 in a day...sounds like a lot, but its easily doable.

Why in the hell would you go easy on the carbs? You need carbs to build muscle...bottom line, start skimpin on carbs and you really wont see any muscle gains...try getting 2 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight....go for 520 buddy.

This might sound like a lot, but your a big boy...and thats part of being big, is eating a lot...if you wanna be even bigger.

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
I dont do legs because I can squat 700 lbs, and my legs are already freakish looking. I am actually trying to lose some of the muscle from my legs, they rub when I walk and it pisses me off.
As for back I never really thought about it to be honest.
But damn thats a lot of food I struggle to get my protein in now. I guess I will be eating a lot more. LOL
Thanks for the input fella's.

Warnerade
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I know the feeling...I was buying shorts one day and I tried some on, my thighs were a tight fit in the legs area...i was furious

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade

chest twice a week and shoulders twice a week? JESUS, do you wanna screw your rotary cuff up? Do those body parts once a week, chest on monday and shoulders on thursday. You are pushing a lot of weight for both of those workouts, and your rotary cuff isnt the strongest part on your body, thats for sure.

I should probably take your advice there. I was wondering why my shoulder was aggravating me.

But as far as steroids go, they're for pussies that don't want to put in any true hard work. I mean yes you do have to still work out but nothing like you would without them. That's why I don't like them. It's a cheaters way out.

Warnerade
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
A lot of the big guys on steroids that plan on doing a show someday work twice as hard as 99% of the people in the gym...

I dont necesarily think its a cheaters way out, if your doing it for a purpose and do it right...more power to ya

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
A lot of the big guys on steroids that plan on doing a show someday work twice as hard as 99% of the people in the gym...

I dont necesarily think its a cheaters way out, if your doing it for a purpose and do it right...more power to ya

True. Forgot about that. Hah isn't that part of the reason they have an open class and "natural" class?

My opinion on steroids is this. I wouldn't do them just because I don't really need to. I don't want to be absolutely MASSIVE because where does that help on the track? I'm happy with being 190 pounds. If I did nothing but lift then I honestly probably would do a cycle or two. Haha I guess that contradicts what I said the first time but I had in mind what the majority of people on this site would say. I didn't want to turn it into a "how to use steroids responsibly" discussion.

Benjithx
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/

Learn everything you need on the forums

My best friend is a power lifter and he frequents this site often.

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

But as far as steroids go, they're for pussies that don't want to put in any true hard work. I mean yes you do have to still work out but nothing like you would without them. That's why I don't like them. It's a cheaters way out.

I cycle on and off are you saying I am a *****? I am a three time gold glove boxer and I can promise you it doesn't even begin to make up for the proper diet and program it just gives a little boost. I don't want an argument I just think that statement is a little uneducated.

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
I cycle on and off are you saying I am a *****? I am a three time gold glove boxer and I can promise you it doesn't even begin to make up for the proper diet and program it just gives a little boost. I don't want an argument I just think that statement is a little uneducated.

Read my second post and you'll realize I took back what I said. Believe me I'm not uneducated when it comes to supplementation or anything to do with lifting. I've been lifting ever since I've been old enough to even lift a weight. I just figured if I tried to make steroids sound OK everyone on this site would flame me. I know that cycling off and on is relatively safe if it's done responsibly. Like I said, if I wanted to be absolutely massive, I would do it. It's just the majority of people in the world hear steroid and think "Oh God you're gonna die!"

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh ok, my bad bro, didn't catch the second part. I don't really do it to get huge just to increase my protein synthesis which in turn allows me to add muscle more rapidly so I dont have to bulk for extended periods of time. My main goal behind all of this of course is merely to drop panties when the shirt comes off. Hell isn't that what we all want.

Warnerade
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
no wonder you dont do legs anymore:ermm:

JRP
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Listen to shawn aka warnerade. he knows his stuff when it comes to this. he taught me alot when it comes to training in the gym. Look at doing HIIT training. Get on a rower, bike, or elliptical and go all out for 1min then take 2min off. If you can do it for 20minutes then your good to go! You wont burn off as much while your doing it, but it will burn off fat like crazy in the long run! Also its great for MX! You being a bigger guy, id stick to something thats not pounding on your knees aka biking, rowing. Im 6' and 175lbs, right around 11-13% bf and my goal this off season is to increase my lifts, and just get stronger! Whatever you do, stick to a good diet! Diet is key and you wont go anywhere if you just go to the gym!

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Oh ok, my bad bro, didn't catch the second part. I don't really do it to get huge just to increase my protein synthesis which in turn allows me to add muscle more rapidly so I dont have to bulk for extended periods of time. My main goal behind all of this of course is merely to drop panties when the shirt comes off. Hell isn't that what we all want.

Ah it's cool, I would have said the same thing. I've considered taking them but I really have no use for them at the time. If I ever get out of racing (hope that never happens!) then I'll probably try a cycle. I really need to get back to work on my legs. I'll admit, I've been slacking on them as of late. LMAO every time I get into a discussion about lifting Warnerade makes me feel bad about not doing legs.

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Oh and where are you from in Alabama? I'm from Huntsville but I'm living in the Florence area for school now.

ALAMX37
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I live in Prattville, little north of Montgomery. You must be going to North Alabama?

madskrillz2
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Nah I'm at Northwest Shoals right now but eventually North Alabama. Hah my main reason for going to school here is riding. My track and several other tracks are close so, I can ride every day except Monday and Wednesdays. I'm pretty much doing nothing but lifting, riding, working, and going to school. I never had the time to ride as much as I wanted in high school because of baseball. Now I've got all the time in the world so I'm pretty much living the high life in my opinion lol.

reptikes
08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
first off i wouldnt take steriods it just ruins ur body, take protein shakes they help alot, i took protein shakes for a few months and saw some results and now i dont take anything, i used to work outevery day but not anymore because of football.

I've taken Deca Durabolin, Winny, Sustanton 250, with awesome results. I check with my doctor before doing anything. Some steroids are worse than others, but on average Steroids Do Not ruin your body unless you take more than you are suspose to or for longer periods than your to take them for. I gained 50 lbs in my bench, 105 lbs in my squat, 15 lbs in my tricep workouts, 15-20 lbs in my bicep workouts, 70 lbs in my shrugs, you get the piont. And that was in 11 weeks! and gained around 20 lbs of wieght.
I did steroids because i was at a plateau. It took me 4 years of hard work to get to where i was, but i had goals that were unobtainable for my size.:( I'm not in any way telling you to do steroids, but i will say that people the comment on steroid on what they have read don't no *****. Read!!!! steroidworld.com

onefast400ex
08-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I would stay as far away as possible from steroids. I've seen quite a few people where I lift that are massive but, they are starting to look pretty sick. They are big for a good part of the season and as soon as they stop taking, they deflate. They mess with your body and screw up your hormones, you start to get those animal looks and start turning yellow cause your liver can't handle all that ****. Another reason is they are very expensive. There was a heavy user in my gym, who was a huge guy. He eased off of them and I didn't recognize him, he lost a lot of mass really quick. He still lifted after that without any roids to stay in shape. A little over a year after he stopped using them, he had a stroke and he's in his mid 40's. So If I were you I wouldn't even consider them.