PDA

View Full Version : Belt for a 90?

dwhst9
08-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Where can I buy a belt for our Scrambler 90? What brand & part#? I use Dayco belts for our adult quads.

What all needs to come off to change the belt?

LT80
08-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Most use a stock or a Mallossi belt. Sorry no part #.

You have to take the clutch cover off, then the front outer face and the rear clutch. Might as well service the rollers while in there. :)

dwhst9
08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Most use a stock or a Mallossi belt. Sorry no part #.

You have to take the clutch cover off, then the front outer face and the rear clutch. Might as well service the rollers while in there. :)

Hmmm, doesn't sound like quick trail repair.

etondaddy
08-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I have a used one in the trailer.......

What's wrong with the old one...????

Mike Kozura

dwhst9
08-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
I have a used one in the trailer.......

What's wrong with the old one...????

Mike Kozura

I wanted to have an extra for our trip to Hatfield...

etondaddy
08-18-2008, 09:22 AM
OK.....cool. I'd just get one from Polaris. The race one's are like 60 bucks. The ones I have may be two short.....my buddy raced a Jem witch was the same as the Polaris and it was longer than the e-ton type.

Mike Kozura

dwhst9
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
OK.....cool. I'd just get one from Polaris. The race one's are like 60 bucks. The ones I have may be two short.....my buddy raced a Jem witch was the same as the Polaris and it was longer than the e-ton type.

Mike Kozura

Yeah, I found a new Polaris belt on ebay for $28.

neveready
08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
This thread does raise a brow with me as we have seen MANY MANY different belts in different 90 CVT motors. We have our personal favorite but I was wondering what everyone else was using or recommends.

ss440ex
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by neveready
This thread does raise a brow with me as we have seen MANY MANY different belts in different 90 CVT motors. We have our personal favorite but I was wondering what everyone else was using or recommends.

That what I was thinking.......

Try NAPA, they have a sportsline of belts that will work.

Take the old one in with ya.

Good luck.

Logan #34's Dad
08-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Save yourself the time and headache. Go to the Polaris shop and get the correct belt for your machine. You could go crazy trying to find a "better" belt. If your just trail riding then get the stock belt.