PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on the best utility quad for me

homesteader
08-18-2008, 03:31 AM
I am brand new here and looking for advice on the best working quad for me. It will not be driven in mud, nor will I ever want to drive it over 20 miles an hour. The key uses will be (1) hauling a low trailer on to a rocky, uneven creek bed, loading it with 800 to 1,000 pounds of stone or firewood, and hauling it out of the creek bed to my yard; (2) plowing my 500 foot driveway; (3) hauling a dump trailer full of wood chips; and (4) hauling a deer out of the woods. I expect to need a lot of traction and low end power/torque. I have read various forums and have narrowed my choices down to the Honda Rubicon, Honda Foreman, John Deere Gator, Kawasaki Brute Force, Kawasaki Mule, Yamaha Grizzly, and Yamaha Rhino. I will purchase a used 2005, 2006, or 2007 machine with low miles, as plenty are available in the northern Kentucky, central Indiana, and southwestern Ohio area for $4500 to $9000. It appears that many users have their personal preferences, but my concern is with low end power and reliability. Any guidance you would provide would be greatly appreciated.

chuckles
02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
im wonderijng the same thing for the same stuff basically but im considering the brute force 750 vs the king quad 750. Althought the michines u listed seem to be good too.