Anyone else in this?
Age-17
42 accounts weekly

bah1491
08-17-2008, 08:54 PM

powermadd400ex
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
****! im 15 and mow like 7 yards a week haha
and they're all in my neighborhood so i jus ride the mower around to the houses.
how much do you charge per yard?
i think i charged a little bit to low this year

bah1491
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
s

08-17-2008, 09:06 PM
nice, i have done a few lawns but most in my neighborhood all have the same company! This 1 company does like 600 houses in my neighborhood and $20 a week or w/e time 600 houses your living good for cutting lawns. I clean pools and after chemicals and stuff I make $10 a week per house which comes out to like me making $25 an hour lol

bah1491
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
i started with a craftsman pushmower and mowed 6 yards every week around my moms house. saved 1200 bucks and bought a used bobcat walkbehind. now i have a 61 inch bobcat zero turn, and just bought a brand new 54 inch bobcat hydro with a floating deck.... im not old enough to get a loan, or even have a parent co sign for me, so he just got the loan in his name, and i deal with the payments.....

bah1491
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
my goal is to have a statewide buisness....e.ventually....im going to attend Ohio States ATI, and take their landscape and design program. Ive got several years ahead of me before that though...

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
im just about 15, and advertised multiple times. But my neighborhood is a bunch of a-holes. Never one call. So I gave up on that.

Now I just go around the neighborhood during the winter with our 4x4 quad, and look for people shoveling to ask them if they want it plowed.

Johnny Minehan
08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
i work for a company cutting grass. im 16 years old and this is my second year.

pro-rider46
08-18-2008, 12:02 AM
if you get big enough its good money. you look like my bro back in the day. with a similar trailer, and a same body f 150. make sure you go to college tho. it sucks if you dont want to do that anymore and your boned cause you dont have a degree.

quads14589
08-18-2008, 05:17 AM
firewood this winter is gonna be paying pretty good:eek2:

bah1491
08-18-2008, 06:11 AM
im planning on attending ohio state ati....but im a little nervous about once i get out of school....starting a buisness is such a gamble. but i guess im doing well right now, getting bigger should only need more money and more equipment, and as always.....more knowledge.

bah1491
08-18-2008, 06:13 AM
i forgot to mention, does anyone else have the same truck as me? its a 97 F-250....7 lug they call it a light duty 3/4 ton.....you wouldnt believe what i went through to find those 7 lug wheels....

Moto49X
08-18-2008, 09:13 AM
All you younger guys, I would reccomend not get into this business. It is one of the worst decisions you could make right now. I would get out of it but then I have 3 trailers, a big diesel truck, 3 ZTR's, all the handhelds, a skid steer and compactor for hardscaping, and all this crap i would need to get rid of.

Anyways, I'm 20 years old with a couple emplyee's. around 48 residentials, 8 commercials, 3 Cemeteries totaling 40 acres, 3 pestecide fert. accounts, plus our Landscape installs which I am targeting to go big on right now, I have 2 hardscape patio's set up along with one small retaining wall before Thanksgiving to complete.

Please, if you guys are pocketing the cash, get out of this business, It boils my blood to see all these illegal companies running. GET insured, licensed and a FEIN(PAY YOUR TAXES), if you spray or fert then get a license for that also. Get workman's comp, if you work solo you need to get an exempt form. I spend thousands and thousands a year on this then i see guys running around in $3it trucks and equipment pocketing every dollar they make. Then i see someone charging $20 to cut a lawn, you will be filing for bankruptcy your first year at that cost. $3-5 fuel to get there, $3-5 in the equipment, $2 to taxes, $4 wear and tear on equipment and insurance/blah blah. You will be making about $5.

Quad18star
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I know a few guys in the business ... regular customers at work ... usually when they come in a 3 in the afternoon to pick up their mower parts , they're half in the bag.

Apparently being your own boss, working outside in the hot sun and being able to bring a cooler full of beer to work with you is the best job ever. :p

I'm in the wrong damn career. :macho

Ruby Soho
08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
i worked at a power equip. shop for a wile and a lot of guys that came in were pretty hardcore in the mowing business. seems like you make pretty good money, thats just not my cup of tea

bah1491
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
i am fully insured, and do pay taxes.....the $600 a year for ins. is better than paying for a car door, and quarter panel when a guy loses control of a mower....im planning on getting bigger, eventually. like i said im going to ohio state in a year, after i get out of high school..

Moto49X
08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i worked at a power equip. shop for a wile and a lot of guys that came in were pretty hardcore in the mowing business. seems like you make pretty good money, thats just not my cup of tea

Mowing alone you will not make good money, no. Your Gross income is HUGE but there are so many expenses maintenence and fuel, and taxes. A solo guy could NET $35k busting his butt 6-7 days a week untill winter. With a few employess you can make a decent living at it. The way I have come to realize is that mowing pays the bills and the landscaping lets me live a fun life and emplyees give me a savings and retirement.

bah1491
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Mowing alone you will not make good money, no. Your Gross income is HUGE but there are so many expenses maintenence and fuel, and taxes. A solo guy could NET $35k busting his butt 6-7 days a week untill winter. With a few employess you can make a decent living at it. The way I have come to realize is that mowing pays the bills and the landscaping lets me live a fun life and emplyees give me a savings and retirement.

that sums it up right there....landscaping is where the money is mostly at....

Moto49X
08-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Anyways, Ill post a couple mowing setups of mine, Ill get some pics of skid steer sometime, adding a dump truck also in a couple months. Here's the main setup.

Moto49X
08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Cemetery Setup, mower is 72" cut rear discharge, also 5 trimmers in the bed of truck, don't know why they werent on the racks.

Moto49X
08-19-2008, 05:52 PM
We don't mow lawns, we manicure them.

Moto49X
08-19-2008, 05:54 PM
last pic for now

bah1491
08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
how do you like the hustlers? ive heard about the rear discharge, seems pretty neat. beatufiul lawns, ive always loved mowing a yard that is treated, and well kept. all mine are dead right now though :(

Moto49X
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by bah1491
how do you like the hustlers? ive heard about the rear discharge, seems pretty neat. beatufiul lawns, ive always loved mowing a yard that is treated, and well kept. all mine are dead right now though :(

Love the first 2 hustlers, I hate that 72" rear discharge in the 2nd pic though. However its a must have if you mow a cemetery. This entire summer has been wet, the rain won't stop. But yes, mostly all of our treated lawns are done by ourselves. The lawn in the pictures is actually not a treated lawn, it has been for about 10 years but stopped doing so for this season. Those pics are from a couple weeks ago, so its doing extremely well for no fert or weed control.

bah1491
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM

bah1491
08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
pictures suck....taken on a phone...

bah1491
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
exactly, i wouldn't want a young kid. with out the proper insurance. etc.. mowing my lawn..

thats why my cards, and advertisments say fully insured, and i dont mention my age until i meet the customer in person. most would think "oh, just some young punk who probably does a crappy job"....well.....actually not, ive got thousdands of dollars in equipment, and advertisements....unfortionatly, i cant build my credit for another 6 months yet....so my dads credit report is looking pretty good!

MO-EX-RIDER
08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
im not a cutter, but the guy you see when buying new equipment:D IMO its a great living for some...not all.

bah1491
08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
what kind of equipment are you invloved with?

krt400ex
08-20-2008, 08:48 PM
me too. 17 yrs old, 19 jobs, 48 in babcat walk behind commercial mower. will post pics tomorrow.

krt400ex
08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
All you younger guys, I would reccomend not get into this business. It is one of the worst decisions you could make right now. I would get out of it but then I have 3 trailers, a big diesel truck, 3 ZTR's, all the handhelds, a skid steer and compactor for hardscaping, and all this crap i would need to get rid of.

Anyways, I'm 20 years old with a couple emplyee's. around 48 residentials, 8 commercials, 3 Cemeteries totaling 40 acres, 3 pestecide fert. accounts, plus our Landscape installs which I am targeting to go big on right now, I have 2 hardscape patio's set up along with one small retaining wall before Thanksgiving to complete.

Please, if you guys are pocketing the cash, get out of this business, It boils my blood to see all these illegal companies running. GET insured, licensed and a FEIN(PAY YOUR TAXES), if you spray or fert then get a license for that also. Get workman's comp, if you work solo you need to get an exempt form. I spend thousands and thousands a year on this then i see guys running around in $3it trucks and equipment pocketing every dollar they make. Then i see someone charging $20 to cut a lawn, you will be filing for bankruptcy your first year at that cost. $3-5 fuel to get there, $3-5 in the equipment, $2 to taxes, $4 wear and tear on equipment and insurance/blah blah. You will be making about $5.

that is very tru, but it is extremely hard to get yourself off the ground because everything is so expensive.

i have friends that are fully insured, three employees, and 29 regular jobs. their truck gets 6 mpg, and they got three mowers. i dont know how they are making money because they charge less than i do, and i am barely making enough to get by.

Moto49X
08-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Life is good;) Didnt start workin untill 10am, quit at 3pm. Made a $400 profit, then get home to a call for a bid. Grounds maintenance on a public school district, woohoo. land this one and looks like its time for another truck/trailer and employee.

Moto49X
08-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by my88r
what are you paying for health insurance?

$59.81 a month

trx310R#24
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
im planning on attending ohio state ati....but im a little nervous about once i get out of school....starting a buisness is such a gamble. but i guess im doing well right now, getting bigger should only need more money and more equipment, and as always.....more knowledge.

ill tell you one thing dont look back DONT WORRY. when you get bigger youll have the money the equipment, knowlege.

my dad has started many companys and im starting my first this winter. an no its not a gamble your 17 if you f*ck up you got the rest of your life to fix it. just dont think about failing an remember to keep the custumers happy. be nice to them talk to them a littlie bit if they like you they will tell there friends about you an they will keep you around.

an hey your making about 840 before tax lol if you have 42 accounts for 20... just a guess thats what u charge i dont know how big the yards are in your town.

krt400ex
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
ill tell you one thing dont look back DONT WORRY. when you get bigger youll have the money the equipment, knowlege.

my dad has started many companys and im starting my first this winter. an no its not a gamble your 17 if you f*ck up you got the rest of your life to fix it. just dont think about failing an remember to keep the custumers happy. be nice to them talk to them a littlie bit if they like you they will tell there friends about you an they will keep you around.

an hey your making about 840 before tax lol if you have 42 accounts for 20... just a guess thats what u charge i dont know how big the yards are in your town.

totally agree, and btw...$20 is cheap. the cheapest lawn i have is $25 and that is only because it is right in my neighborhood and it only takes me ten minutes to do it by myself.

maintenance is expensive. lol.

bah1491
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
my truck is supposedly a "light duty" 3/4 ton has 7 lugs....and the f-250 emblems of course....but ford only made it in 1997...

my minuimum is $22, but i have 6 yards that are all within 100yds, so thats why they arer that cheap...my most expensive account is in a wealthy neighborhood, $7, but it only takes 25 minutes.... but the highest costing yard is $112.50, which is a community bank branch....its takes about an hour and twenty five minutes..

i cant wait to go to ohio state and get my life started...

trx310R#24
08-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
totally agree, and btw...$20 is cheap. the cheapest lawn i have is $25 and that is only because it is right in my neighborhood and it only takes me ten minutes to do it by myself.

maintenance is expensive. lol.

***** brakes its not the end of the world lol

i have a broken flow bench its going to cost me 1000s to fix but whatever ill make it back after i open i plan on getting an ad on this site if they ever email me back

Moto49X
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by trx310R#24

Lawn and landscape is alot different than a reg business. Say someone calls to come give them a bid. Well, they also called the 110 other lawn companies in YOUR CITY ALONE (thats just in the phonebook). Every single commercial job has a hundred guys after it, literally. Plus, there are always those SCRUBS who do not know what they are doing, run partially illegal business, go bankrupt in a couple years, that will work for nothing. Someone I know was maintenance on a large hopsital here, this year he got underbid by $100,000. Yep, one-hundred thousand dollars. This is a very cut-throat business honestly. I THINK commercial properties are finally starting to realize you get what you pay for.

Last winter I put in a bid for a sports complex, I figured it was a good 8 hour day with 2 guys. Plus your drive time of course. I bid $950 a week. Winning bid was $80 Fu(^ing dollars.

And $20 to mow a lawn? ha, I wouldn't get out of bed for that, your business will be closing its doors in a few years if you charge that and try to run employee's, I don't care what anyone tells ya. I have ONE yard I charge $20, It's on my daily route so i don't go out of my way, and It's done in 8 minutes flat.

Moto49X
08-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by my88r
for me its going to be 300 a month or around here. but that covers medicine.etc

what insurance is that through.

Blue cross blue shield

bah1491
08-21-2008, 10:13 AM
no kidding about the "cut throat" business....like i said, the only reason i do those yards for $22 is because they are all within 100 yards, snd i only have to unload once.....but everywhere else is a $25- $30 minuimum...depending on how far out of my way it is.

bah1491
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
i forgot to bring up....in all honesty, what is your average price per hour? ive found that prices seem to be around a dollar a minute....which in turn is obviously $60 an hour.....thats paying for two men, two mowers, and two weedeaters....of course the price varies, but roughly about 60 an hour

Moto49X
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
i forgot to bring up....in all honesty, what is your average price per hour? ive found that prices seem to be around a dollar a minute....which in turn is obviously $60 an hour.....thats paying for two men, two mowers, and two weedeaters....of course the price varies, but roughly about 60 an hour

Oh no bud you have it all wrong. Say you charge $60 an hour, you charge that for BOTH guys. So if you have two guys out for one hour you should bring in $120.

I aim for $45 a MAN HOUR in Lawn care, and $60 plus material mark up in landscaping.

bah1491
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
if i were to charge that around here, i would have no accounts whatsoever....im definetly not undercharging, but in this area, noone will pay that.

Moto49X
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
if i were to charge that around here, i would have no accounts whatsoever....im definetly not undercharging, but in this area, noone will pay that.

18 of my accounts are in a below average community with 1300 residents in the village.

bah1491
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
thats awesome then....i dont know....im doing alright, im not going to go out of buisness any time soon (knock on wood), but as many crews that are in my area.....i couldnt pick yards up to easily..

Moto49X
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
thats awesome then....i dont know....im doing alright, im not going to go out of buisness any time soon (knock on wood), but as many crews that are in my area.....i couldnt pick yards up to easily..

Tell me about it man, its gettin rough to pick up new accounts these days.

bah1491
08-22-2008, 05:03 AM
i havnt picked up new accounts for almost two months! once fall comes around and the leaves fall, money will be back on.

krt400ex
08-22-2008, 06:46 AM

i take into account how long it will take me to do the job, but i charge on a per job basis. i am making roughly $44 an hr and i am doing it by myself. if i had labor i would be charging more.

bah1491
08-22-2008, 07:25 AM
i only mow 4 days a week, 5 in the spring when its really growing. i honestly could mow by myself, but i'd be working 6 days a week, and its worth the money to pay someone to help me...

Moto49X
08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Just opened another branch to the business today. :D Asphalt Sealcoating, just spent about 7k on some equipment. Find the need, fill the need, money will follow.

krt400ex
08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Just opened another branch to the business today. :D Asphalt Sealcoating, just spent about 7k on some equipment. Find the need, fill the need, money will follow.

i hate sealcoating, but i heard it is good money...just cant stand the smell.

Moto49X
08-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
i hate sealcoating, but i heard it is good money...just cant stand the smell.

Easy work, easy money. As long as you can stand the heat.

Johnny Minehan
08-24-2008, 08:26 AM
we were skipping lawns this past spring, and in may. middle of july things started to catch up with us, and looking like spring SHOULD have been. mowing 6 sometimes 7 days a week 14 hour days is rediculous now. things are starting to slow down now, we lowered our decks 1/4 inch yesterday:) but i am going back to school i only have 3 days left.

ZeroLogic
08-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Easy work, easy money. As long as you can stand the heat.

Where are you at? You sound like a cool dude!:macho

Moto49X
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Where are you at? You sound like a cool dude!:macho

Im outta Illinois Brotha.

ZeroLogic
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Im outta Illinois Brotha.

You hiring?:blah:

Moto49X
08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
You hiring?:blah:

We'll be taking app's for next season.

Hopefully, we will be buying a pretty decent Chevy truck, and another trailer and set of equipment to start another mowing crew. One to take over the cemeteries and large acre accounts.

47501exracer
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
In addition to working full time at a Government Job(Federal), I have a lawn business on the side. Here are some tips I can give you:

1. Don't just get insured...if you are not incorporated as in being an INC., or LLC, etc, you can be sued personally and lose everything you own. If you are under 18 your parents are in the same boat. Insurance may only cover so much. Getting incorporated is normally very easy and costs $100-200.

2. Don't work for free. I charge $45 man hour mowing. Quality work and reputation gets GOOD clients, not cheap prices. I will do little odds and ends for free if they only take a few minutes, otherwise charge them.

3. Keep the blades sharp, duh! And keep your equipment maintained well. Image sells to people who do not know you.

4. Visit www.lawnsite.com to learn everything you do not know.

I also am licensed to do pesticide applications. Almost every state requires a license to apply anything meant to kill such as Roundup and Weed and Feeds. Don't apply it if you are not licensed.

Good Luck

Moto49X
09-03-2008, 10:19 AM
How's everyone doin?

Central Illinois is having our first drought of the year. Bills are getting higher and money is not coming in. Grass is dry, and for some reason the calls for landscaping just don't seem to be coming in right now.

Workers comp, insurance, mowers, trailers, truck payments still coming in. Getting ready for taxes. Oh man, rough time right now, haha.

krt400ex
09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
i have not had a full weeks pay in a month now. supposed to have rain on friday and saturday. i hope it gets the grass green and growing again. im dying here...lol

Moto49X
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
As soon as I posted that I walked outside and it was pouring rain, perfect! However, the landscaping is still pretty slow right now.

troyleepred719
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/HeavyChevy343/lawns-1.jpg

one fo two trucks, bobcat, backhoe, dump truck. my personal truck . 23 lawns, and 4 state contracts. everythings paid for, I dont take out loans. Ill deal with used, before I deal with payments.

ZeroLogic
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
We got any carpenters out here?:confused:

tat900
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01524/80/18/1524748108_l.jpg

Been doing lawn maintance for 4 years now . Get out if you can .I have lost 15 customers who cannot pay therer bills . I was cutting 45 a week now were lucky to get 25-30. My avergage cut is 50$. I make most my money installing landscape designs and laying sod . No money anymore hardly in mowing it jsut covers the bills

trick450r
10-03-2008, 02:40 PM
i forgot to mention, does anyone else have the same truck as me? its a 97 F-250....7 lug they call it a light duty 3/4 ton.....you wouldnt believe what i went through to find those 7 lug wheels....

My buddy used to have the EXACT same truck f250 light duty in the exact same color...AND he operates his own landscaping business, that truck was great. We rolled it into a sandpit on a golf course one night, i flipped it back over with the powerstroke i had at the time and we drove it back to his house. He sold it on ebay like 4 days later before the cops could even look at it haha.

trick450r
10-03-2008, 02:45 PM

I know a guy that works 65 hours a week with one other guy, charges $20 a lawn and has so god damn many lawns he makes 100k a year off of mowing alone.

Mowing alone can get you a ton of cash if you structure yourself correctly.

Moto49X
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
I know a guy that works 65 hours a week with one other guy, charges $20 a lawn and has so god damn many lawns he makes 100k a year off of mowing alone.

Mowing alone can get you a ton of cash if you structure yourself correctly.

Must be nice living in fantasy land, please give me this guys number so I can learn.

Say they do 3 lawns an hour, thats 195 a week, which is hardly reachable with 2 men, and if you have a single rain day or break down you are SCREWED.

So lets do the math. 195 lawns x 20 a lawn is $3,900 a week. So his GROSS would be $97,500.

Employee Pay at $10/hr would be $750 after Payroll/INS/Work Comp. Say truck fuel is $130 and Mower fuel is $55. Maintenance plugs, filters, etc we will figure low at $10 a week. We wont even add all the equipment depreciation. Thats already up to $945 in expenses every week. So that would be $23,625. Take that out of his gross and he is down to $73,875 BEFORE HIS TAXES. So other expenses are machine repair, trimmer line, tires, truck/trailer insurance and tags. My Guess is he could Net $55k busting their azzes all freakin day.

Like I said, I would be happy to take a look at his tax returns and you can rub it in my face if he is makeing 100k working 65hrs a week at $20 a lawn.

bah1491
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
haha its hilarious how many people try to run thier own lawn business....as for the guy who said to "get out now" hhe obviously isnt doing somthing right, to some extent anways.

one fo two trucks, bobcat, backhoe, dump truck. my personal truck . 23 lawns, and 4 state contracts. everythings paid for, I dont take out loans. Ill deal with used, before I deal with payments.

i often laugh at poor looking equipment. Im 18 years old and i feel that a neat, and clean appearence is needed for EVERYTHING and EVERYONE working for or with me. But thats just my opinion.

trick450r
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Must be nice living in fantasy land, please give me this guys number so I can learn.

Say they do 3 lawns an hour, thats 195 a week, which is hardly reachable with 2 men, and if you have a single rain day or break down you are SCREWED.

So lets do the math. 195 lawns x 20 a lawn is $3,900 a week. So his GROSS would be $97,500.

Employee Pay at $10/hr would be $750 after Payroll/INS/Work Comp. Say truck fuel is $130 and Mower fuel is $55. Maintenance plugs, filters, etc we will figure low at $10 a week. We wont even add all the equipment depreciation. Thats already up to $945 in expenses every week. So that would be $23,625. Take that out of his gross and he is down to $73,875 BEFORE HIS TAXES. So other expenses are machine repair, trimmer line, tires, truck/trailer insurance and tags. My Guess is he could Net $55k busting their azzes all freakin day.

Like I said, I would be happy to take a look at his tax returns and you can rub it in my face if he is makeing 100k working 65hrs a week at $20 a lawn.

actually he stopped down at the shop today and i asked him, he said they have alot of town/city contracts that net a ****load. Plus plowing, however he said he and one other guy mow 180 lawns a week. No landscape design, no plantings. He has one neighbor hood where he does all 35 houses.

Moto49X
12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
We got any carpenters out here?:confused:

So how you like working in the cold? haha

It was around 5 to 9 degrees today and we were out trenchin and runnin some wires on a cabin on the lake. MAN it was a long, cold, muddy day.

ZeroLogic
12-15-2008, 05:26 PM
So how you like working in the cold? haha

It was around 5 to 9 degrees today and we were out trenchin and runnin some wires on a cabin on the lake. MAN it was a long, cold, muddy day.

Honestly right now, I really don't mind it. I'm just so damn happy we're gettin work but its gettin real bad. We may be out of work for a week or two and I just can't afford it.:ermm: We're waiting on a foundation to be built and we should be set for about three months or so.

Times are gettin tough.

Moto49X
12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Honestly right now, I really don't mind it. I'm just so damn happy we're gettin work but its gettin real bad. We may be out of work for a week or two and I just can't afford it.:ermm: We're waiting on a foundation to be built and we should be set for about three months or so.

Times are gettin tough.

Yea contractors around here are really struggling also. I was lucky enough to find a few carpentry jobs to keep me busy for a couple months through winter. Just finished a hardwood floor project too. Good luck makin it through the winter, I bet things will pick up for you guys in the spring.

ZeroLogic
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Yea contractors around here are really struggling also. I was lucky enough to find a few carpentry jobs to keep me busy for a couple months through winter. Just finished a hardwood floor project too. Good luck makin it through the winter, I bet things will pick up for you guys in the spring.

Weird but we're goin to lay down hardwood floors in the same house we're buildin the addition at. But when it starts to warm up we should be fine.
This house the homeowners are nuts. Over the summer we tore down a 2 peir deck and replaced it with a single level deck that was around 20x40 feet and another section that we redid the decking and rails that was about 6x30 with a landing and stairs. exented a sunroom and did T&G pine on the walls and ceiling, now we're extending the whole side of the two store house outwards about 25 feet. Thats just some of the work we did there.